LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do the musicians get there blessings?  (Read 1069 times)

Do the musicians get there blessings?
« on: January 19, 2004, 11:08:05 AM »
Praise and testimony service(P.T.S)is set aside for eveybody to praise  God for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL he
has done and testify about the goodness of Jesus Christ.
I often wonderd. I get my blessing during (P.T.S).My question is does the musicians get a blessing, because the Holy Ghost(Gods Spirit) moves the entire church. Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY up on they feet shouting and dancing life apostles on the day of pentecost(Acts 2:4), everybody but the musicains. I used to think the musicians didnt praise God, because during(P.T.S) they are playing. I know now the difference between a good musician and a really good musicaian is the Annointing(Gods Spirit). The spirit makes allll the difference.
Sunday after service I gave the musicain a compliment and and he said,
when we play that is our praise.
Id love to hear a reply from everyone who reads this. I m learning how to play the organ your opinion would mean alot.[/b]

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 11:19:51 AM »
Great topic. To me, this is analagous to a preacher or teacher getting blessed by the same Word that goies out of their mouths by the Holy Ghost.  You speakers out there know what I mean . . . it's a blessing to speak the Word by the Holy Ghost, and a blessing to sometimes sit back and recieve it. Wow . . . new revelation . . . I'll talk to y'all later, I gotta meditate on this . . .  8)
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 03:46:08 PM »
Quote from: BBoy
To me, this is analagous to a preacher or teacher getting blessed by the same Word that goies out of their mouths by the Holy Ghost.  You speakers out there know what I mean . . . it's a blessing to speak the Word by the Holy Ghost, and a blessing to sometimes sit back and recieve it.

Actually, the Word I preach ministers to me first. I am always in awe of how God uses me, because half of what I speak comes to me while I am standing. I do not rely on my prepared notes, because on most occasions I do not use them. So I too am being ministered by the Word.

Same with muisc. I do not rely on "rehearsed progressions". I allow the myself to be used by the Spirit, thus, I am evere blessed!!

It is a blessing to be able to sit down and be ministered to sometimes. But if it's the call God placed on your life, to minister music or the Word, you won't be comfortable sitting down too long.

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

TRUE
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 04:46:38 PM »
I know that I get my praise out while playing.  Thats my area of praise. We dont all praise the Lord the same way.  Just like theres no one way to eat a Reeses.  Theres no one way to praise the Lord...just find your way, and do what you do!!!
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline TwinkieClarkFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 05:18:42 PM »
I know that I get my blessing while im playing and everyone is shouting.  If you're playin in the spirit then u can fee the annointing and fire from God while you're playing. There's no feelin to me that compares to that feeling.
"He gave me nothing to lose, but all to gain"

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 11:18:06 PM »
I believe that is our praise also, when we play under the anointing.  Some people play to impress but I play not for people but for God because I know that is my praise.  As for musicians getting there blessings, I believe my blessing is the oppurtunity to play and the gift God has given me to minister to him and his people.  Be blessed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up