LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got 2 clips of Nisan Stewart with Aaliyah Live On Jay Leno  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Zildjiankid

• LGM Member
  • Eh Yo You!

Got 2 clips of Nisan Stewart with Aaliyah Live On Jay Leno
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:41:57 PM »
What up Fam? I just got these two clips of Nisan playin' with Ms. Aaliyah on the Tonight Show. The songs are "More Than A woman" and "Try Again".

Oh yeah, check out ya boy Nisan tryin' to be smooth...playin' the drums with his shades on.....all laid back. ZK

Aaliyah Try Again (Live On Leno)

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FU9LJ4P72Q7L3KPNT9UG54YI2

Aaliyah More than A Woman (Live On The Tonight Show)

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1TI7VXTY6GXT81RMSGQQ35THQW

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 10:50:03 AM »
i just got done watching his lil video he is in with yony royster jr. and he is tight man. just really smooth with his playing. i will check out these videos later when i can get to a fast enough computer....
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 03:29:57 PM »
yea he is real smooth i like his style and the sound of his kit. Anyone know what snare he's using? I want another snare and i like the one he's using.

Zilpex

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 04:19:05 PM »
Yeah i've had those clips for a while. Nisan's cool man he's got a nice style. i talk with him every now and then. The funny thing everytime I see him play on TV he almost looks bored you know what I mean? It's funny!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 07:08:09 PM »
The guy is totally relaxed. I love the fact that he plays open handed(left hand lead). Does anyone know if he is a "lefty"?
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Zildjiankid

• LGM Member
  • Eh Yo You!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 09:07:08 PM »
Quote from: SabianKnight
The guy is totally relaxed. I love the fact that he plays open handed(left hand lead). Does anyone know if he is a "lefty"?

It's a possibility.......but I've always seen him play on a right handed kit.  Blackwell's a lefty, and he plays like that too. ZK

Offline thedrummerschoice

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 09:53:11 PM »
trust me playing nuttin but pocket can be boring lol like you cant really do any fancy fills just boring ones that fit in when you got skills like him im sure it can be boring he can slam tho when i was a kid he use to come to our church all the time my uncles and stuff  know him better cuz of his d ad(bishop stewart) but yeah i seen him get DOOOOWWWWWNNN brotha got skills

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 10:11:33 PM »
jus fyi, blackwell plays left hand on hats and the backbeat on his left too, its like a mix of open and cross handed playing, he do the cross on the back beats :wink:

Offline InThePocket

• LGM Member
  • "Lord Annoint My Hands To Do Thy Service"

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 10:20:18 PM »
Man Nisan's got that pocket!! He really makes the music sound good! That the type of sound that keeps your phone ringing!!!

(He wasn't all busy but sat in that pocket and chilled)

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 05:39:22 PM »
Quote from: thedrummerschoice
trust me playing nuttin but pocket can be boring lol like you cant really do any fancy fills just boring ones that fit in when you got skills like him im sure it can be boring he can slam tho when i was a kid he use to come to our church all the time my uncles and stuff  know him better cuz of his d ad(bishop stewart) but yeah i seen him get DOOOOWWWWWNNN brotha got skills

THe thing about playing simply/pocket is that is i sreally a lot more complexe than most of us think. People who have really tight pocket generally have a really good understanding ov sub-division. They also have a very fluid relaxed body motions and independence.

Example: playing one-handed sixteenths or triplet sixteenths on a ballad with swung eigth notes on the kick and upbeat accents and ghostnotes notes on the snare while laying behind the beat but one time. This what has made Bernard Purdie, Steve Gadd, J.R. Robinson, Rick Morotta, Zorro, Russ Miller, QuestLove and Dennis Chambers rich.

Pocket is not boring. Most gospel guys with mad chops cannot play "Babylon Sisters" by Steely Dan w/Bernard "Pretty" Purdie on drums or "Rosanna" by Toto w/Jeff Porcaro on drums or "Third World Man" by Steely Dan w/Steve Gadd on drums (note the use of triple stroke rolls in this one). These jazz/fusion songs are excellent examples of of the complexities of playing pocket. This kind of maturity is almost a lost art. It is not displayed in most mainstream music of any genre. Learn to play these and you'll gain a new respect for the art of pocket playing.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Hezgotsoul

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 12:23:27 AM »
yep Nisan is a lefty.....

Offline Rickjbeats

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 06:14:19 PM »
Thanks for those clips b/c I had it on video, but can't find the tape

Offline Zildjiankid

• LGM Member
  • Eh Yo You!

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 06:28:14 PM »
Quote from: Rickjbeats
Thanks for those clips b/c I had it on video, but can't find the tape

Ahhhh, no problem. That's what the site is for right? :D ZK

T_Keys

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 12:09:58 PM »
Can you refresh the links?

Offline Zildjiankid

• LGM Member
  • Eh Yo You!

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 12:34:46 PM »
Yeah..I'll try to tonight. If not tonight, sometime this week. I'm moving right now....so I'm kind of busy. :cry:  ZK
Pages: [1]   Go Up