LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Big Mike" Clemons  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

"Big Mike" Clemons
« on: October 25, 2005, 07:46:22 PM »
I know many LGM members may not be familiar with Big Mike Clemons, if you are not please pick up the new Israel New Breed album called, "Alive In South Africa."  You can hear how God has blessed this young man to play  8O  whhooooo wheee!!!!.  I know that you will enjoy the entire cd because the band it tight and most importantly the cd will minister to your soul.  Check the cd out and make sure you share your comments in the forum.  Stay Blessed, Nate J.

TheEvolution

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 08:10:19 PM »
I fisrt Big Mike On the 8701 concert....he was sharp

Offline derrickmo

• LGM Member

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:19:18 PM »
the dude is nice. he brings a new flava to the band. Its sweet. I recommend anyone to pick it up

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 11:24:29 PM »
I first heard Big Mike on Mary J. Blige's live cd back in the late 90's. Even though his set sounded like garbage he did a nice piece of playing on that cd. Ya'll should check it out.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline Spider79

• LGM Member
    • http://www.spider79.faithweb.com

Big Mike Clemmons
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 08:33:37 AM »
Yo SugaBear you are absolutely right. Man I met Mike like 7 years ago he came to a church i was ministering at and he played with Smokie Norful and Sharray Reed was on bass and all I can say is oh my gosh. I talk to him sometimes but since he did the 8701 tour I ain't been able to hit him up as much. We just play email tag. But you are for realz the Mary J. Blige live joint was smashin but the set sounded like a "failed" trigger setup (LOL). Mike was rippin though but that must have been like a Slingerland drumset with some Toys R Us drum heads (LOL). Mike is humble to the heart man and just down to show whatever. He ripped on the Israel and New breed project too. He is so underated and I don't know why. True Aaron Spears smashed but Mike was hitting first with usher and didn't disappoint on the DVD.

Holla back
Spider--

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 11:59:13 AM »
Yo spider, I don't know who decided to experiment with Mike's set on Mary's live cd but they needed to be lynched (no offense). Did you hear that snare, ugggghhhhh?!! Only a good drummer could wing it with that set and my man Mike did just that. I still can't get over his micro solo on "Sweet Thang". That kick, tom, and cymbal action was blazin'.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline ladyflomo112

• LGM Member

Mike Clemmons off the chain
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 12:58:49 PM »
Yes Mike Clemmons is off the chain! When i was a little girl i grew up under him, and his family!!! one of the world greastest drummer. he was one of my inspiration to began to play hte drums on the side

Offline TightestGroove

• LGM Member
  • LIVE BY THE STANDARD, PLAY BY THE STANDARD

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 07:57:38 AM »
YE MAN!! MIKE IS TOO GRIME!!!! I HAVE HIM ON SOME TAPES WHEN HE CAME TO TORONTO(T.O) FOR YOUTHFUL PRAISE 8O !!! AT FIRST I DIDN'T LIKE HIM(DON'T ASK WHY) BUT, JUST THE WAY HE PLAYED FOR "GREAT AND GREATLY", IT DEMANDED MY RESPECT! WHEN HE CAME UP WITH ISRAEL, I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO MASH THE PEDAL ON "FRIEND OF GOD"! I MET HIM AFTER THE CONCERT, HE IS A REAL DOWN-TO-EARTH DUDE. TOO BAD HE'S NOT ON THIS SITE.

8OTIGHTEST GROOVE 8O
EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE DRUMS; CAN'T STOP 'TILL I GET ENOUGH!

Offline JrDADrumma

• LGM Member

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 02:43:19 PM »
Yo Mike Clemons is dope! He played very on the new breed CD. I was impressed. He was already one of my favs though.
Just play music...

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 10:14:35 PM »
I still can't get over his micro solo on "Sweet Thang". That kick, tom, and cymbal action was blazin'.

man, that solo is nuts when is it just him and mary.....man, i was in a group and he was like play this part like that. i was like are you for real? that is big mike man.....ain't nobody playing it like him....
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 03:46:20 PM »
does anyone have any links with pictures of mike on them? i haven't ever seen a really good photo of him....
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline TayeDrums

• LGM Member

"BIG" Mike
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 08:16:35 PM »
Nope i havent seen pics of him either but Man if u havent seen the Usher Live Evolution 8701..GRAB it man big mike lays it down i love his style&Fills!!!

Offline TightestGroove

• LGM Member
  • LIVE BY THE STANDARD, PLAY BY THE STANDARD

"Big Mike" Clemons
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 09:41:35 PM »
I'M TRYING TO GET THAT DVD!! HOPEFULLY, I'LL GET IT FOR CHRISTMAS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. HERE ARE SOME PICTURES FROM WHEN YOUTHFUL PRAISE CAME UP TO THE T.O. THERE'S A SHORT 30SEC CLIP OF THE CONCERT, THE SONG THEIR SINGING IS "GREAT AND GREATLY". THERE'S ALSO ONE PICTURE OF BIG MIKE, IT'S NOT ALL THAT BUT IT'S THE BEST I COULD DO.

http://www.christian411.ca/News/Reviews/Archive/2003/youthful_praise/rev_youthful_praise.html

8O TIGHTEST GROOVE 8O
EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE DRUMS; CAN'T STOP 'TILL I GET ENOUGH!
Pages: [1]   Go Up