LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voice Crack While Singing?  (Read 9061 times)

Offline catty

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

voice cracking
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 02:13:11 PM »
Yes, this has happens to me during praise and worship on Sunday mornings especially when I lead the congregation into praise.  It is an early service and my voice hasn't opened up yet.  I also have to keep clearing my throat .  I like the suggestion someone made of turning on the radio in the mornings while getting ready for Sunday service and singing along to kind of get the vocals opened up.  

It also happens in rehersal when I am teaching choir parts.  They usually have bottled water on the organ for me but now they know to only bring room temperature water.
"God, My Family, and Music is my life!

JoyCH

Voice Crack While Singing?
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 08:33:21 PM »
Catty I like that advice.  :D   I also hear that some music stores have a throat spray you can sue before you sing? Anyone hear of it?

Joy

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

Voice Crack While Singing?
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 03:05:41 PM »
When are we going to start those mp3???  :D  :D I want to hear some singers. I taped some sisters singing when I was in NY but I used a cheap tape and it did not come out clear.  :cry: I want to glean some singing technique from you guys.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline catty

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

voice cracking
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 05:17:05 PM »
Quote from: JoyCH
Catty I like that advice.  :D   I also hear that some music stores have a throat spray you can sue before you sing? Anyone hear of it?

Joy

A friend of mine ran a revival and she used something that looked like throat spray.  She said it really helped clear up her throat from hoarseness, etc.  and was able to sing, preach and minister without any problem.  I don't know what it was called, but it was in a small bottle.  I can find that out.

Offline catty

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

voice cracking
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 05:17:05 PM »
Quote from: JoyCH

Joy

A friend of mine ran a revival and she used something that looked like throat spray.  She said it really helped clear up her throat from hoarseness, etc.  and was able to sing, preach and minister without any problem.  I don't know what it was called, but it was in a small bottle.  I can find that out.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up