LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Always Could Sing, or Did You Develop the Gift from God?  (Read 5955 times)

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Always Could Sing, or Did You Develop the Gift from God?
« on: October 30, 2005, 10:07:15 AM »
Hello saints. I'd like to kind of take a poll that I believe might help some of the people who visit LGM.

Could you answer with the response that best describes your singing?

One, I was raised by a musical family and I always could sing naturally.

Two, I always could sing naturally, but my family is not any more musical than average.

Three, I couldn't sing naturally in the past but GOD gave me a gift I developped.

Four, I am really more of an instrumentalist than a singer, although I do the best I can and I am called on to sing from time to time . . . but I don't put limits on what GOD has for me!

Which of the four describes you the best? For me, it would have to be number four.

Be Blessed!
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Always Could Sing, or Did You Develop the Gift from God?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 10:25:13 AM »
Quote from: BBoy
Hello saints.

BBOY!

I didn't know you had a potty mouth!!!!

I think I need to send some soap over there!

JoyCH

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 07:12:28 PM »
Which best describes your singing?

One, I was raised by a musical family.
But, I think the gifts that God has given me are still being perfected. No matter how go you may think you are - you will always have room to grow.  

I think its an issue of letting God use you until He perfects you.  :wink:

Joy

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 07:36:30 PM »

It's funny, though, because my mom told me several years ago that when I was a young child, I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!    :oops:  :lol:  :lol: She then asked me whether I prayed for the Lord to give me a singing voice & then He blessed me or what? I said, "Gee, Mom, I thought I could always sing!"

Just goes to show you that you shouldn't discourage young people's humble beginnings in something they're interested in doing.  Encourage them & that will give them the confidence they need to keep on doing what they're doing for the Lord.  :D

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 09:16:13 PM »
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Bro B3.

And yes, that was a typo, saints.  :oops:

I meant to say, Hello, saints.
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Nakia518

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 10:15:40 PM »
Two, I always could sing naturally, but my family is not any more musical than average.

The majority of my family are musical but only a few of us choose to use our gifts... :) :D

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »
So, Nakia, are you in the group that's using or the group that's not using?

LOL

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 08:40:16 AM »
Quote from: Nakia518

The majority of my family are musical but only a few of us choose to use our gifts... :) :D

I'm in this category as well. My mom can sing a bit and she was in the marching band.

I could always sing, but as JoyCH stated, I think God is always perfecting the gift that he placed inside of you. As a matter of fact, with what I've been able to learn on the piano, so far, I'd say that God is also working on birthing that gift inside of me as well.

Jonathan
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Choirgirl08

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 07:30:10 PM »
1, my grandmother and all 14 of my great uncles and aunts can BLOWW!! I kind of inherited singing but I know that God blessed me with this gift of singing.

Offline TruPsalm

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 05:48:58 PM »
yeah..Id have 2 say 1 for me. My family on both sides has truly awesome musical talent, BUT i hav let God take full control of my gift. Its one thing 2 say "im talented and its in my blood" but when ppl come 2 u and tell u "u has hav an extraordinary anointing on your voice..." thats wat its about!!! dnt get caugth up on runs and tha hoopla cuz when that happens, u tune God out which leads 2 u soundin a Hot Mess!!!! lol But do as David and delite urself n Him and if an anointed voice is wat u want, he will give iv 2 u

Offline kevinj07

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 07:09:26 PM »
I'd probably say #4 Because it's strange but I am terrible at sining secular music, but hit me with a Gospel track and the spirit flows and God uses me as  a ministering instrumenT! Halelujah! Thank you Lord! cuz I love to sing![/b]

Offline Soul_Flower

• LGM Member
  • Sweet As A Rose!!

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 09:51:11 PM »

Yeah, that's me alright.  I always could sing, but my family is not musical to much.  Don't get me wrong.  A few of them can hold their part, but I am the "singer" in the family.  Not trying to sound cocky or anything.  That's just they way God made it.
If you take the time to smell the roses,
life will be much more sweeter.  Smooches!!

Offline bigtforreal

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2005, 10:05:31 PM »
I can sing, however my family can't hold a bucket of water if they could  :D

It's funny because I can remember my mother singing in the choir when I was 4, 5 years old, and I used to wait for her at rehersals.  However my mom can't sing, (even the choir director used to tell her to not sing often in songs).  

For me,  I think it may be a gift a God, but I was always a kid that tried to sing everything I heard, or just sing often, trying to mimic singers.  So that skill was definitely was developed too.
Of course, God gets the glory

Offline lilcarolina

• LGM Member
  • My Name Is Victory!

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2005, 09:35:57 AM »
I'd have to say ONE.  Both sides of my family can sing.  I got an uncle, and 2 cousins that play the drums and organ.  One is only 12 and he is raw (good)!  Me and two of my cousins are trying to go somewhere with our musical abilitys but one of them is headed in the wrong direction.  She's getting big locally but with secular music and her voice is not for that.  take one listen to her and you'll know she came straight outta church.  But yea, it's funny cause when we have family get togethers my grandma will break out in a song and everyone will follow in their parts.  Anyway, I'm way on a different subject.  So I'll holla at yall later.  Stay real.

I'm reaping the harvest God promised me; take back what the devil stole from me; and I'll rejoice today; christ shall recover it all
"I Know Who I Am, God Wrote It In His Plan For Me, My Name Is Victory!"

Offline Vangelist

• LGM Member
  • No Joy, No Strength *II Timothy 4*

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 01:51:14 AM »
I would say I'm in category number 2. My mom and grandmother sing. Still whether your family sings or not, God is always the one who gives the gift to do what ever. Gifts come without repentance. He gives the gift its up to you how you use it whether for Him or not.
I won't take nothing for my journey now. No turnin' back, no turnin' back.

Bro_JT

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 08:26:40 PM »
I could always sing but I belive that it is a gift from God

Offline 1singer

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 05:32:58 PM »
i was raised by a musical family and i could allways sing naturally frm even b4 i cud speak as baby :lol

Offline silky

• LGM Member
  • at the Cross.......

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 03:28:48 PM »
Well, myself, i always could sing and I have relatives on both my sides of the family who are naturals.  I don't think I can sing as well as I could,  but  God is still working and perfecting my gift. :)
WHEN YOU CAN'T, GOD CAN

Offline Dre2004

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Joy of the Lord is My Strength!!

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 03:46:35 PM »
I have been singing since age 9 and I believe without a doubt that God blessed me with this wonderful gift.
I can do all things through christ. :)

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 03:24:18 PM »

I'm a slight combination of the two! I was raised mostly around my mother's side of the family, and for the most part, they are NOT musically inclined at all. My mom can sing a bit, but that's about it!! And I've been a music lover since the womb and have been singing since 4, and my parents always told me that my dad's siblings could sing, but it wasn't until I went to a family reunion on my dad's side that I really understood what they meant!!

We got in the yard and had a sort of "sing off" and OMG!! Those folks can BLOW!! All my aunts, uncles, and cousins (very large family) just blew me away with their singing!! Some of my uncles and a first cousin are in a quartet group and are touring. I guess singing was in my blood!!

However, when I went to the family reunion on my dad's side in Ala
Romans 1:16
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up