LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live keyboard rig with mixer  (Read 2468 times)

Offline MrJkeys

• LGM Member
  • It's always about God!

Live keyboard rig with mixer
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:53:19 AM »
Hi all my bro's and sis's, it's been a while since I posted....Had some trouble with logging into my acc.

I have a few questions on performing live:

Lately I have been watching a few concerts & shows and I've noticed that the keyboard players would sometimes have two or three (or more) keyboards on stage with a mixer on the side...What is the purpose of this mixer?

And how would you connect the keyboards to the mixer; and from the mixer to the Front of House???

Thanks
Muzo in the making...toggling the keys in Worship Mode!

God Bless.
Live! from South Africa.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Re: Live keyboard rig with mixer
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:21 AM »
Having your own mixer gives you control of EQ,balance,volume etc..You would run 2 cables from each board;lt+rt to your inputs-say organ 1+ 2,piano 3+4 etc..You would then run a lt+rt feed from your line outs to the FOH;most mixers have an "Aux" output you can use also.

This would probably be a "non-powered "mixer(no amp as a powered mixer).

Offline MrJkeys

• LGM Member
  • It's always about God!

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:58:01 AM »
Hey Doc, thanks 4 replying....

So what you're saying is that I should run all my keyboards into my mixer and then from there an Aux/Line out to the FOH....right?

So if doing this, I can hear the keyboards through my headphones plugged into my mixer, so the headphones will be my monitor for the keyboards, right? So how can I get the rest of the band through my headphones as well, which is acting as my monitor?

I hope u understand...

God Bless.
Live! from South Africa.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:48:41 AM »
probably run a line from the FOH or link into however the rest of the band is hearing each other to an Aux "in"into your mixer.Worse case,do the above "in" to a channel on your mixer-have to keep that volume low-or the sound man will be going nuts!!If it's too loud;the sound man will wonder how come he's got a "double" set of all the instruments.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »
I have a little mixer so that I can listen to my computer and play my keyboard in the same headphones, I also run my bass guitar though it. Very very easy to use.

Also a lot of guys have the personal monitoring systems like Aviom, that allow you to control which instrument is in your mix, and the volume of each. So that might be what you're seeing. :-\

Offline MrJkeys

• LGM Member
  • It's always about God!

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »
Guys! I'm really appreciating these replies....

So is it possible to run all my keyboards through my own little mixer; send a 'line out' or 'aux out' to the FOH; and then get a 'line in' from the sound guy with the rest of the guitars, bass, etc. etc. into my mixer and headphones?

So then I will be hearing all instruments through my headphones and not needing a floor monitor.

Thanks guys, ya'll have shed so much light on this for me.... we need more of these kind of topics LOL

God Bless.
Live! from South Africa.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »
yep-just that easy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up