LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Earrings......  (Read 9033 times)

Offline XYZ-Angel

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« on: November 02, 2005, 09:36:51 PM »
Want 2 know your thoughts on cats wit earrings 8) ( :roll: )
My pastor says they r not good, but I see so many cats with them.(Spanky?) :?

Offline keydrummer

• LGM Member

Please
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 09:49:55 PM »
It doesn't matter,it's all outward decoration,what matters is your Commitment and your personal intregrity and your walk with GOD.

JoyCH

Earrings......
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:05:47 PM »
It does matter. In the old testament days a person was branded in the ear as a slave when there were in debt to someone.

Also, I John 4:1
Beloved, do not beleive every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Joy

TheEvolution

Earrings......
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 10:27:50 PM »
with all due respect Joy, This is a new day and time....and also African tribes have been using earings for many years......i have 2 earrings.....so?

LilWes

Earrings......
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:40:23 PM »
i was gonna get some but my mom was like u must be movin out my house or sumtin so now i gotta order some magnetic ones :cry:

Eccentric-Rhythm

Earrings......
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 10:41:41 PM »
Quote from: TheEvolution
with all due respect Joy, This is a new day and time....and also African tribes have been using earings for many years......i have 2 earrings.....so?

New day or not, the Bible says Jesus Christ is the same Yesterday, Today and Forever...and that goes for His word too. Doesn't matter what time or day we are living in. His word never changes...and do you belong to an African Tribe???

God bless.

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

Earrings......
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 12:06:52 AM »
Do some of you actually think that if a godly man served God well while on this Earth, did whatever God told him to do etc, etc, etc. that when that man dies, God's gonna take one look at that man's pierced ears and say, "Hold up brother, I can't let you in.....you was a good & faithful servant and all, but Dog......the earrrings.....uh uh...can't let you in!"???  :?  :?  :lol:

I really don't thing so. :roll:

Offline LifeInReturn

• LGM Member
    • http://www.lifeinreturn.com

Earrings......
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 12:26:05 AM »
The Lord is not going to turn some away from Heaven / salvation due to earrings. I see nothing wrong with it and nothing in the Bible speaks against it.

kadman92

Re: Earrings......
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 12:33:02 AM »
Quote from: XYZ-Angel
Want 2 know your thoughts on cats wit earrings 8) ( :roll: )
My pastor says they r not good, but I see so many cats with them.(Spanky?) :?

First, please try to refrain from spelling like you speak.  Stop putting a negative image out by using slang or thinking it's cool.

Second, as far as earrings go, that is a church to church or personal conviction issue.  If you want it and the pastor has a problem with it, you should respect the wishes of the pastor.  He is your spiritual leader and to ignore him is displeasing to God.

Offline RWILLIAMS3000

• LGM Member
    • http://

Earrings......
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 12:45:20 AM »
my views on it like was said sort of like a personel conviction but i also look at it as a trend or fashion that the yunger generation do to express themselves just like back in the days with the bell bottoms and platforms and all that stuff me i got earrings myself but because my pastor doesn't agree with them, i refrain from wearing them at church or to church functions out of respect

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

Earrings......
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 08:26:12 AM »
I'm not either for it or against it. Me personally, would not wear an earring or earrings. It just looks to girlie to me. But for those who choose to wear one I don't see how that's going to keep them out of heaven or anything like that. The bible also says that women are to dress in "modest apparel" but there's nothing modest about Juanita Bynum's apparel (don't mean this in a bad way) and I don't think that's going to keep her out of heaven. She's a dynamic woman of God.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Mud

Earrings......
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 08:42:25 AM »
People wear earring 'cause they think they make them look good. It's vanity.  Why else would you wear earrings, other than you think they make you look good? If you thought they didn't look good on you, then you wouldn't wear them. Vanity and pride ... things that I'm SURE God approves of.

Thing is, it's not the things themselves, but our reason for wanting to wear them. No one just up and decides to wear earrings for no reason. Especially not males, in this society. You can deny, deny, deny ... but some males like to look 'pretty', and the Bible does say to be dressed in modest appearel. Why? 'Cause it will help prevent pride and vanity from slippin'. Not saying these are sure-fire ways, but they sure do help.

Nowadays, we have a very serious problem with modesty and humility. Earrings won't send you to Hell, I feel ... but the DESIRE to wear them, is nothing more than a indication of your current mind-set, in your walk with God....

~OD

Offline LifeInReturn

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 11:02:05 AM »
Divinstruoso - My significant other has an earring and so do alot of the guys he works with, and I can say personally, they are all dedicated and TRUE men of God. And as far as you saying that they get them because they look good and therefore it is vanity... don't we wear clothes that only look good on us ?

Shoes ? Makeup ? Jewelry ? Everything I wear is because it looks nice on me. There is nothing wrong with thinking that something looks good on you.

And saying an earring is an indication of one's walk with God ? Come on now. Seriously, I have to highly disagree w/you on that one. God looks at the heart.

And Kadman, if you had a problem with the brother / sister's typing, you should have taken that to a private message... Was that done in love ?

Keydrummer - I agree with you totally.

T_Keys

Earrings......
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 11:59:12 AM »
At my church before service starts any men in the band/choir/praise team have to remove their jewelry. I don't don't really have an opinion about it, Pastor just asked us to do this. But I don't wear earrings, chains, etc. I guess we have to do it because the pastor thinks it might not look good to an unbeliever enetring the church if we the people ministering and leading are dressed similar to the world...

Eccentric-Rhythm

Earrings......
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 12:16:23 PM »
Quote from: LifeInReturn
Divinstruoso - My significant other has an earring and so do alot of the guys he works with, and I can say personally, they are all dedicated and TRUE men of God. And as far as you saying that they get them because they look good and therefore it is vanity... don't we wear clothes that only look good on us ?

Shoes ? Makeup ? Jewelry ? Everything I wear is because it looks nice on me. There is nothing wrong with thinking that something looks good on you.

And saying an earring is an indication of one's walk with God ? Come on now. Seriously, I have to highly disagree w/you on that one. God looks at the heart.

And Kadman, if you had a problem with the brother / sister's typing, you should have taken that to a private message... Was that done in love ?

Really??? all God looks at is the heart???????? What bible do you read? Then why does God require so much of his people, if he is only going to look at their heart???

and Kadman, was in his place....why would someone refer to God talking like a straight up thug??? that was way out of line. Love is Correction....so ya, Kadman brought a whole lot of Love that was needed....

What JoyCH said is exactly right...an earring was a sign of slavery. That is how the tribes in Africa got it. All from slavery. bondage. That is the origin of the earring....So.....

The whole earring thing, it is personal conviction....If you feel its ok, then wear it, if you dont feel ok, then dont wear it....BUT DO NOT USE AN EXCUSE THAT GOD JUST LOOKS AT THE HEART.....that is not what his word teaches.

I would never pierce my ear, or get a tattoo. The bible speaks against both....and if you want, I will give you the scripture. Once again....personal conviction and revelation.

God Bless.....With A whole lot of Love.

Offline bae95

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 12:45:06 PM »
I agree %100 with kadman92. We must learn how to rightly divide the word of truth. Some of the that stuff written in the old testament dont even apply to us in this day and time. And to respond to JoyCH, that means every women with earrings is a slave. If we're going to take one scripture from the old testament and use it in this day and time we need to do that with all of them. For ex. they they use to offer literal sacrifices (animals) in the old testament. Im sorry but God does not require that type of sacrifice anymore.

Offline keydrummer

• LGM Member

come on.
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 01:23:50 PM »
In the "Old Testament" days the earring being used as a sign of Slavery is Quite different from the Significance of in African Culture,One has no bearing on the other."EccentricRhythm" if you are a Black You are a Descedant of a African Tribe,If your Pastor is offended or doen't like you or the other Musicians wearing Earrings you Could not wear them at Church services or activities involving the Church,Or you could Cinvey to the Pastor this is your Individual desire to wear a earring and it has nothing to do with your Walk with JESUS CHRIST,Your still a Christian in your heart with or without a Earring.Wearing a Earring is not New to the World its quite old  Atheletes,Musicians,Artist,Actors seem to Gravitate towards wearing them,As far as modest attaire what Gospel Artist have you seen dress modestlyThat's Old Testament.A majority of the directions in The "Old Testament" except for the "Ten Commandments" were directed towards the People of that Time.

robdown

Earrings......
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 02:14:58 PM »
ha!

this is a never-ending debate. both sides have validity and can be backed up with scripture after scripture after scripture...no matter what side you're on, i think we'll all agree that our relationship with the Father is much more important than anything else...

with that said, my view is simple...
you like earrings? wear 'em!
you don't like earrings? don't wear 'em!
in either case, please don't judge the next man based on your personal convictions.

peace...

JFunky

Earrings......
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 02:27:54 PM »
This site is like the Christian BarberShop. :lol:

Offline LifeInReturn

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 02:38:51 PM »
Quote from: Eccentric-Rhythm
Quote from: LifeInReturn

Really??? all God looks at is the heart???????? What bible do you read? Then why does God require so much of his people, if he is only going to look at their heart???

and Kadman, was in his place....why would someone refer to God talking like a straight up thug??? that was way out of line. Love is Correction....so ya, Kadman brought a whole lot of Love that was needed....

What JoyCH said is exactly right...an earring was a sign of slavery. That is how the tribes in Africa got it. All from slavery. bondage. That is the origin of the earring....So.....

The whole earring thing, it is personal conviction....If you feel its ok, then wear it, if you dont feel ok, then dont wear it....BUT DO NOT USE AN EXCUSE THAT GOD JUST LOOKS AT THE HEART.....that is not what his word teaches.

I would never pierce my ear, or get a tattoo. The bible speaks against both....and if you want, I will give you the scripture. Once again....personal conviction and revelation.

God Bless.....With A whole lot of Love.

Nowhere did I EVER say - God JUST looks at the heart. I said HE looks at the heart. Don't twist my words for your own purposes. That nullifies everything you just said to me based on my response.

Scripturally:
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
1 Samuel 16:7 KJVA

As far as tattoos and piercings, the Bible does not say anything directly. I know what scripture you're going to pull out as well whether you're coming from the OT or NT. That is your own conviction as God relates it to you. I have tattoos, and I got 2 of them earlier this year. One of them has MUCH spiritual meaning to me.

Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:26-28 KJVA

None of my tattoos represent the dead nor any other god. Neither does an earring. They do not celebrate anything that is of satan.

Earrings and tattoos do not make you any less of a person in God's Kingdom. He DOES look at your heart as well as other things. If I live according to His Word, that is all that matters.

And to address what you said:
Then why does God require so much of his people, if he is only going to look at their heart???

When God requires so much from His people, it has everything to do with their heart being for Him. Your heart must be for Christ, otherwise you could care less about His standards.

Peace out.

P.S.
To robdown - You're on point with it. As well as Bae95... I wear earrings and the only slave I am is a slave to Christ.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up