LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Earrings......  (Read 9035 times)

Mud

Earrings......
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2005, 07:57:59 AM »
Quote from: Divinstruoso
Like Tonex....

I need to be delivered from Sarcasm. Ya'll pray for me, as I pray for myself.

I dress very modestly. My mother often tells me, 'Boy, YOU CAN'T DRESS NO BETTER THAN that!?!?!" iI always respond, 'Ma, my clothes are clean, they just aren't going to impress people."

It's SOOOO easy to get lifted up in pride, that I do everything within my power, to try to make sure that it can't find a place. People do laugh at me, but it's not about them, it's about God. I'm supposed to look differently than they do. The clothes they buy, they buy with the intention of impressing people. So, of course, I'm gon' look plain, and unfashionable to them.

Oh, well.

Offline blessed1

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2005, 08:52:42 AM »
Hey, every1... Im enjoying every1's opinion on this matter. I believe that ur supposed 2 represent Christ wherever u are... And I think many people in the church have a problem with a male wearing earrings because earrings are identified with the world... And even tho u may be saved, someone else in the church may think u are not because of the stereotype that goes along with a male wearing earrings.  Thats mainly what I have personally run in2 because I have earrings.

robdown

Earrings......
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2005, 09:16:23 AM »
like i said...never-ending...

there is no right or wrong answer to these debates (earrings, tats, sneaks, hats, makeup, hair-did, etc...).

think about it...are people in the Kerguelen Islands (yeah, look it up!) REALLY concerned about earrings and what bishop so-and-so thinks about untied tims? NOT.  8O

these are cultural (in this case and almost every case debated on this board we're talking about American Culture) issues that carry heavy personal convictions. we tend to try and validate our personal beliefs by using scripture...if that's what you need to do to sleep peacefully, then so be it.

believe what you believe and be passionate about it, just don't force or blanket your personal convictions on the next man...that only leads to quarrel and division.

i've noticed we refer to "The World" a lot on here...are these issues really "World" issues??? hmmmm...

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

Earrings......
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2005, 09:28:31 AM »
In that case, divintruoso, I feel that I have pure motives behind my dress because I've been wearing the same pair of ol' rusty Tims for the past 3 years. :lol:
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2005, 10:07:01 AM »
SOMEBODY IGNORE YOUR NIEGHBOR AND SAY "HEAR GOD FOR YOURSELF" HUH!!! 8O
OOHHHHH I FEEL MY HELP COMIN...... I WAS DOIN THIS ALL BY MYSELF  BEFORE BUT NOW I FEEL IT COMIN'..... HOLY SPIRIT COME!!!! :?:
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Mud

Earrings......
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2005, 10:08:58 AM »
Quote from: robdown

like i said...never-ending...

there is no right or wrong answer to these debates (earrings, tats, sneaks, hats, makeup, hair-did, etc...).

think about it...are people in the Kerguelen Islands (yeah, look it up!) REALLY concerned about earrings and what bishop so-and-so thinks about untied tims? NOT.  8O

these are cultural (in this case and almost every case debated on this board we're talking about American Culture) issues that carry heavy personal convictions. we tend to try and validate our personal beliefs by using scripture...if that's what you need to do to sleep peacefully, then so be it.

believe what you believe and be passionate about it, just don't force or blanket your personal convictions on the next man...that only leads to quarrel and division.

i've noticed we refer to "The World" a lot on here...are these issues really "World" issues??? hmmmm...

What are you talking about, man?

I don't care what it is, it's the intent of the person wearing it. Let's stop pretending like we're unintelligent here. The Bible said to dress in modest appearel, and it wouldn't have said so, unless it knew we were intelligent enough to understand what that means.

Obviously God doesn't want what we wear to 'cause us to be lifted up in pride. So, you take it from there. If what you choose to wear makes you feel vain, or prideful...then you know that's not modest appearel.

People try to complicate this, so it would seem as if their is no definite answer. Ultimately, allowing them to wear what they want, without guilt...

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »
SOMEBODY IGNORE YOUR NIEGHBOR AND SAY "HEAR GOD FOR YOURSELF" HUH!!!
play where you wanna be

Offline kaddw

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2005, 04:59:38 PM »
Freddyfussion your funny, but I like how you stated that. However I personally don't have or see a problem with it. If a individual is saved and have the Holy Spirit then the Holy Spirit will begin talking to them about what they should keep on or remove. Who are we? To be honest I think alot of people get caught up in stuff thats none of theres, ( myob ) when really we need to be looking in the mirror and being concerned about ourself, before we start on someone else.

Like for ex. I have a few tattoos but I seriously don't think God is worried about them. And might I add not only am I Saved, Sanctified, Holy Ghost filled and fire baptized but I am also a ordained Minister.

JFunky

Earrings......
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2005, 05:08:07 PM »
Yo, "K", you're my HERO. :lol:   You hit it right on the head.  When you get in with God, the Holy Spirit tells you what to do.  There are a lot of Pastors that in their past life had tattoos and stuff.  My Grandfather was one.  It didn't bother him because he was saved.  He knew that that was from his past.   :D

Offline lxp4898

• LGM Member
  • my set
    • http://www.drummersgonecrazy

Earrings......
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2005, 06:39:21 PM »
very well spoken brothers and sister and remember we can do nothing on our on but through Christ Jesus we can do all things  :D  :D  :D  :D

preach25

earrings
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2005, 01:00:41 PM »
1st off, in biblical days men who wore earrings were considered God haters.
the Bible tells us 2 be in the world, but not of the world.
the Bible tells us 2 put away the former things.
the Bible tells us 2 be transformed and renew our minds.
the Bible tells us 2 be spiritually mature.
need i say more???

2ndly, do u always do what u see others do? are u a leader of follower?

read the word, God cares about how we represent him. Present u're body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God.

u can be faithful, but that doesn't save u, nor get u into heaven.

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2005, 01:12:18 PM »
1 CORINTH. 9:
19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
play where you wanna be

Offline fenderjazz

• LGM Member
    • http://

Earrings......
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2005, 02:13:04 PM »
Even though some of the specific dress codes found in the Bible don't apply to today's society, the underlying principle of it all is that God does want his people to have a certain distinction in their outward appearance.

Offline kaddw

• LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2005, 02:24:57 PM »
Even though all that has been said is well, but I still go back to, If a individual is Saved and have the Holy Spirit working in their life. The Holy Spirit will begin talking to them about what to wear and what not to wear. Some of our most liked Gospel artist wear ear rings.

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

Earrings......
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2005, 05:58:56 PM »
I read only the original post. Excuse me.

I wore earrings as a youth to compliment my oh so pretty smile. The women were into it. I don't wear earrings anymore because I figured out that my smile is already pretty enough.

Why did I just say that? I don't really care about this topic. Wearing earrings is a personal preference and not a sin.

Offline sambadrummer

• LGM Member

one thing to say
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2005, 06:37:54 PM »
i one thing to say go to www.exministries.com  get the dvd find out the truth and let God and the Holy spirit bring u conviction
Drumming For my Jesus!!!!!!

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

Uh-Oh
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2005, 07:09:45 PM »
I guess Im going to Hell with gasoline ear-rings on.  I have both of mine pierced, even though I havent wore them in bout 6 months.....Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _.
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline TreydayTreyday

• LGM Member
    • http://

Pierce your ears mann...
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2005, 07:17:35 PM »
Sin is Sin, so is ear piercing a sin or just ungodly.   Well somebody tell me cause im getting mine pierced.  Everyone sins and know one is just right, so if it is just one thing out of many more just do it.  That is my opinion, if your saved be saved everone has differences.  Any way almost all women have their ears pierced and much much more.  ear piercings look fine to me. ya boi Trey

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Earrings......
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2005, 09:51:51 PM »
Just because this is a new day and time, the Old Testament still applies to us. If it didn't it would't be included in the Bible. Everything that is in the Good Book applies to us all. I also agree with JoyCh.  
     GOD BLESS!!!

Offline LifeInReturn

• LGM Member
    • http://www.lifeinreturn.com

Earrings......
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2005, 01:09:05 AM »
Quote from: MissMusic04
Just because this is a new day and time, the Old Testament still applies to us. If it didn't it would't be included in the Bible. Everything that is in the Good Book applies to us all. I also agree with JoyCh.  
     GOD BLESS!!!

The OT was Law and Jesus' sacrifice cancelled that Law. We are no longer under law but under grace....
For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under Law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 MKJV

I believe the OT serves as history to explain the things that necessitate Christ's sacrifice.

There are things that stand true til this day such as:
For I am Jehovah your God, and you shall sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy, for I am holy.
Leviticus 11:44 MKJV

But I will ask you these things. Do you follow these ?

You shall keep My statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with different kinds. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed. And you shall not allow clothing mixed of linen and wool to come on you.
Leviticus 19:19 MKJV

And Jehovah spoke to Moses saying, Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, If a woman has conceived seed and has borne a male, then she shall be unclean seven days; as on the days of her menstrual impurity she shall be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying thirty-three days. She shall touch no holy thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying are fulfilled. But if she bears a female, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her menstruation. And she shall continue in the blood of her purifying sixty-six days. And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon or a turtle-dove, for a sin offering to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to the priest. And he shall offer it before Jehovah, and make an atonement for her. And she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that has borne a male or a female. And if her hand cannot reach to a lamb, then she shall bring two turtle-doves or two young pigeons. The one shall be for a burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be cleansed.
Leviticus 12:1-8 MKJV

Let me know where you get your lambs and turtledoves. ;)

But do you see what I am saying ? If we are going to go by OT law, lets not pick and choose. Either all or nothing. Everyone wants to use the Leviticus scriptures and OT to back up their reasoning as to why THEY THINK certain things should not be done, yet they don't follow all of the OT themselves. Not you personally, but people in general.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up