LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quit job to sing  (Read 1794 times)

Offline shawna

• LGM Member
    • http://

Quit job to sing
« on: March 26, 2006, 12:11:02 AM »
 :) Hello LGM family,
I am currently a fifth grade teacher who would really like to quit my job and sing backup for a gospel artist.  However, I have no idea how to do this. I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on how to break into the background vocals industry.  There is a lot of information on how to come in as an artist but not as a background singer. I would like to know the salaries of background singers as well. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

Re: Quit job to sing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 08:50:15 AM »
:) Hello LGM family,
I am currently a fifth grade teacher who would really like to quit my job and sing backup for a gospel artist.  However, I have no idea how to do this. I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on how to break into the background vocals industry.  There is a lot of information on how to come in as an artist but not as a background singer. I would like to know the salaries of background singers as well. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Shawna, I posted a reply to someone else on this same topic, but you are asking a little bit more. Email me and I will give you some more specifics on the topic.  God Bless, Bishop Lamar Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 12:35:36 PM »
Personally, I think the real issue is going to come down to money.  Its goikng to be hard to make money doing this.  But if money isn't an issue, you should be able to do it.
:)

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:46:47 PM »
Personally, I think the real issue is going to come down to money.  Its goikng to be hard to make money doing this.  But if money isn't an issue, you should be able to do it.

Right, right, right!!! That is what I was going to explain to her from my years of experience from being on the road!  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline silky

• LGM Member
  • at the Cross.......

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 01:58:07 PM »
how much money can one singing background?  singing background is something i want to some day.
WHEN YOU CAN'T, GOD CAN

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 04:47:27 PM »
Some where in the negatives.  :)

But I'm actually serious.
:)

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
There's nothing wrong with singing background............................. ..but if you ask me you could be underdoing it just a bit. I mean if anyone is anointed to sing for the Lord, I would be at serious doubt that it is to sing background (BUT I COULD BE WRONG SO JES' LET ME KNOW).

Anyway speaking on what you said about quitting your job...............................THE LORD HAS YOUR BACK AND IF YOU LEAN ON HIM HE'LL HOOK YOU UP.
I Love You!!!

JoyCH1

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 08:50:59 PM »
This is my honest opinion - unless you got a contract in you hand that include a good salary, pension plan and health ins. I would make a move.

You don't just work for today - a job is for your future when you get old. We all want to do what we love most but is that something that can bring home the beacon. Or, are we living in fantasy land.

Again, unless you are with a group and on your way......don't move.

Joy
Pages: [1]   Go Up