LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need quick Godly advice  (Read 2751 times)

Offline DbKeysinCT

• LGM Member
    • http://

Need quick Godly advice
« on: November 14, 2005, 08:12:10 AM »
I was recently refered as a musican for a local choir thats being formed.
the pastor (thats formig this choir) and i have been playing phone tag for like 2 weeks. I finally got to speak her and she wanted to what my availibilties during the week were, if I had a part time job and my FEE.

The question is as for fee what should i charge becuase i don't want to ask too and not little. what exactly do i charge for rehearsals or actual performances?

P.S. I have a feeling that i'll end up as the choir director how do who's a alto, 2nd Sop. or 1st Sop?, because some people say there an alto but sing mezzo soprano

i have to meet with her tonite an 6:00 so i could use all the help i can get.

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Need quick Godly advice
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:55:34 AM »
The answer to this would vary according to your duties and level of skill and how much your church can afford. For instance, are you expected to play all day Sunday and Sunday night, Friday night and travel with the choir?

Will your duties be sporadic or consistent?

Also, and maybe the most imprtant, how much do you feel in your spirit is right? Speakers do this too . . . for instance, I wouldn't expect a church that has fifteen faithful members and is just getting by to give a speaker a five hundred dollar love offering for speaking on Friday night and Sunday morning. Meals, a small love token and gas money to get home would be fine.

However, a five hundred member church should be able to give more.

So it is really difficult to answer that question.
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline DbKeysinCT

• LGM Member
    • http://

Need quick Godly advice
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 11:53:36 AM »
thank u for ur response
but how do know sings alto or soprano?
Pages: [1]   Go Up