LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions on more efficient use of time at rehersal  (Read 2650 times)

Offline cailee

• LGM Member

Suggestions on more efficient use of time at rehersal
« on: November 06, 2005, 02:43:38 PM »
Been playing a few years but I'm new to gosple.  Tried going to rehersal at chruch just to get a feel for live sound but they have bass player and it seems to me that they have too many synts.  The bass volume is low and the synts are usually walking on the bass player.  I can read a little but usually the band plays by ear.  I can pick up a song by ear usually in a weeks time if I get practice time.  Before I get a good feel for a song the musicians have moved to something else.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can be more efficient.  If I know the chords played, Im usually more efficient.
[/list]

Offline oversabby

• LGM Member

Suggestions on more efficient use of time at rehersal
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 12:21:49 PM »
why not get the chords before the practise.
You can ask for the songs that is to be practise from the choir leader somedays before the choir practise.and then from the other musicials in the group you can get the chord movement for each song.Maybe you can get use to the chord movement for each song even when you donīt know the song yet and then it will be easier in practise.Or what do you think?
have a nice day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up