LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paiste and Meinl crashes....what do y'all think?  (Read 568 times)

Offline mrwhite

• LGM Member

Paiste and Meinl crashes....what do y'all think?
« on: November 08, 2005, 12:31:31 PM »
Are they worth it, until I'm able to upgrade to Zildjian/Sabian?  Which ones have the best sound?   :?

j_kay

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 12:54:20 PM »
If you purchase the professional level series of each brand (Meinl and Paiste), the upgrade will be a moot point, since I believe that you would want to purchase the professional level cymbals from Sabian or Zildjian.  

Both Paiste and Meinl makes very nice professional level cymbals.  Stay away from the budget models, if your ears have a high level of discerning taste!  :)

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 02:50:32 PM »
I agree with J_Kay... stick with the professional lines.

Meinl and Paiste pro lines are as expensive and often more expensive than Sabian or Zildjian pro lines. Target the main voices first: ride cymbal, main crash and then hihats. Then hit the "assessory" (my term)  cymbals like 2nd and 3rd crashes, splashes and chinas.

Both Meinl and Paiste make excellent products. Find your sound and don't compromise it.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 08:31:19 AM »
yeah. both paiste and meinl have really good professional lines..paiste ahs the signature,dark energy,innovations,traditionals, as well as the the new reissued giant beat series which was discontinued. their dimensions line was recently discontinued. as far as meinl pro lines, they have their byzantine, their mb20, amun, soundcaster, as well as thier generation x series.
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777
Pages: [1]   Go Up