LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Gospel Choir to Start in Cornwall UK Tomorrow...........  (Read 3616 times)

Offline siloam

• LGM Member
    • Callington Community Gospel Choir

New Gospel Choir to Start in Cornwall UK Tomorrow...........
« on: November 11, 2005, 03:45:40 PM »
After months of prayer and preparation, tomorrow morning I will be throwing open the doors of my Church for people to come and Join a new Gospel Choir which I am starting. Please pray for me at 10am gmt. The press have run two columns on it, and the local radio ran a slot too. I have no idea who will turn up.  I will let you know how it goes...................

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 04:13:12 PM »
Is all the media attention because there are no other gospel choirs in the area and is gospel music new over there?  :?

Offline siloam

• LGM Member

Media attention
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 01:18:24 AM »
The media attention is primarily, because I wanted to join a Gospel Choir and couldn't find one in the whole of cornwall (with a population of about 500,000). Cornwall has a great tradition for singing, but this is Male voice choirs, and church choirs. There is also fishermens choirs, but no gospel as such. So as I felt Gods calling and I had no other option  , I decided to set one up. Less than 3 hours to go and I will be meeting my new Choir...........

Thanks for all your support and prayers.....

Steve

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 04:45:02 AM »
That is so wonderful. Our prayers are with you. God is definitely moving by His Spirit in the UK!  :D

Be Blessed!  :D
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline bradleymoorer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bringing da bass in Jesus name!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/minbrad

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 09:56:49 AM »
where is Cornwall?
Bradley AKA Bass Monkey

Offline siloam

• LGM Member

Where is Cornwall?????
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 01:56:39 AM »
Well, in answer to your question, Cornwall is a County in the South West of the UK. If you look at a map of the UK we are the bottom left hand side. We are almost cut off from the rest of the UK by the river Tamar, which runs almost the entire width of the county. If you click on the link you will be able to see a map of cornwall. Callington is on the Right hand side of the map

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=150000.341450603&Y=100000.479274255&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=GB&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=1000000&down.x=288&down.y=5

You can zoom in or out of the map.

So how did the Choir go yesterday? Well I had 12 very enthusiastic and able women turn up, who gave it their all. The Callington Community Gospel Choir has taken off to a great start. Within 20 minutes we were doing 4 part harmonies on our first song together.

I am really excited by it all. It was an amazing time and every single person who came wanted to join the choir. There will be a few more coming on thursday who weren't able to attend yesterday.

We had great fun with the old "Amen" classic. Along with many other songs. Thanks again for all your support......

O happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up