LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Screennames  (Read 7256 times)

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Screennames
« on: November 14, 2005, 12:58:39 PM »
What is the meaning behind your screenname/nickname?

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

Screennames
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 01:11:56 PM »
because thats my favorite rudiment specially pulling em out of time around the kit n good things like that

Offline mrwhite

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:38:10 PM »
NOPE.   :lol: Just something I thought of to get my access for this site!!!   :lol: I'm thinking of changing it too.....what's yours stand for Beat Boxerz???

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 01:51:15 PM »
One day in the late 90's I was doing a series of drum and production clinics at the Boy's and Girl's  Club. I was warming up and one of my friends says to me  "you hit hard, it sounds like you're punching somebody in a boxing match". and my production style was more harder back then when I was doing rap tracks.... So they named me Beatboxerz. I add the z because someone was using it as their e-mail name on yahoo...

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

Screennames
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 02:22:11 PM »
"playhear" means nothing other than it was the first name that came to mind. I don't really like it. However, that name has grown to carry it's own personality and reputation. So, I'll stick with it, for now anyway.

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

Screennames
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 02:44:27 PM »
Check out this thread and take the poll:

http://www.learngospelmusic.com/ftopict-16871.html

Offline Funkaddictus_Groovus

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 03:05:13 PM »
I'm addicted to funk and i like to groove!

Offline hallchamp

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 03:14:43 PM »
i play baseball for temple university and i want to be a hall of famer, champion, all star and im learning how to be a 5 tool player, all with god's grace of course.....

Offline thedrummerschoice

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 03:46:43 PM »
8)  cuz im so nice on the keys tyatn er drummer tryna shed with me lol jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk na cuz i love dw drums and thats like there lil catch line dw dry

"dw drums the drummers choice"

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 04:45:38 PM »
I am called lilben because my dad's name is Ben and I am the junior so thats what I have been called from birth. Now everyone calls me croc(short for crocodile) because I eat up everything. I eat and dont gain a pound.
Artistik Muzik

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 05:07:43 PM »
My uncle, would call me crazy names like D-Nice, D-Smooth, D-Strong,.....cuz my name is DJ....but also cuz of my playing style...he said i was nice on the kit, and i sound real smooth with a strong pocket....he had more names were he just added the D- in front of the word....but D-Nice just kinda stuck...i thought it would be cool for a drummer name, why not try it out here....

Offline CarlosVegaJunior

• LGM Member
  • Carlos Vega Jr.
    • www.EPOCAMUSIC.com

Screennames
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 06:21:26 PM »
lol....

I think im one of the few that uses their real name.

Carlos Vega Jr. is me! So i used it cause it means more to me than a nick name. Its my name!
me: myspace.com/scionevolution
my band: myspace.com/epoca
my videos: youtube.com/nerdbox

Offline Dr_Bates

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 10:12:34 PM »
I'm a pre-medical student...and the Bible says you are to call things that be not as though they were. So, I'm Dr. Bates...and most of my friends either call me that or Prof. Bates when it comes to music.
Health, Wealth, and Peace of Mind.

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 01:01:50 AM »
I HAD an afro then i cut it off, im crazy on the drums, and im a MAN at 19 lol.....it sounded better than crazy afro boy lol

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 07:37:07 AM »
you know i wanted to post  something like this for a while but thought it wouldn't get any  replies
anyway...

my middle name is frederick, i was the first one in my crew to get a fusion drum set, - the others were called  "stanley standard" -standard size power setup. and "jazzy james"- jazz set up their names did not stick mine did. if they so choose they can reveal who they are.
and also fusion because of my playing style and the fact that i (try to) do a  lot of different things artistically and musically, and they all fuse together as the whole me.
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 08:36:07 AM »
Audiocr381ve = Audio Creative

I love audio. Car audio, PA systems, home theatre, whatever I love it. I install car audio every now and then when I have time.

Offline mrwhite

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 08:44:32 AM »
Quote from: BEATBOXERZ
One day in the late 90's I was doing a series of drum and production clinics at the Boy's and Girl's  Club. I was warming up and one of my friends says to me  "you hit hard, it sounds like you're punching somebody in a boxing match". and my production style was more harder back then when I was doing rap tracks.... So they named me Beatboxerz. I add the z because someone was using it as their e-mail name on yahoo...

Cool, cool...Oh....and I failed to mention that White is my last name.  Sorry...

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 10:16:59 AM »
Cause i got that sick timin on the set but i still got a pocket like a metronome.  Holla!!
Keep It Funky

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Screennames
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 12:45:53 PM »
I like all ya's screennames. I hope you don't change them. At least keep them on this sight. Mr. White you have a tight name don't change it, it's respectful. Playhear, your name has an identity to it, I like it.  :?: for Carlos Vega Jr. you have a famous name are you related to the musician with that name... I used my real name on here one week because I forgot my password for beatboxerz and I wanted to log on so I registered under my real name. I got my password for my boxerz name so I just kept using it. But I feel like I getting to know all ya. your names are cool 8)

Eccentric-Rhythm

Screennames
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 08:38:01 AM »
Mine is pretty easy....

Eccentric:   deviating from an established or usual pattern or style; deviating from conventional or accepted usage or conduct especially in odd or whimsical ways

Rhythm:     an ordered recurrent alternation of strong and weak elements in the flow of sound and silence in speech; the aspect of music comprising all the elements that relate to forward movement (as accent, meter, and tempo).

Put them together and you got me...Definitely deviating from standard Rhythms.

God Bless

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up