LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for my actual Christians  (Read 2219 times)

Offline blazenbarr

• LGM Member

Question for my actual Christians
« on: July 04, 2012, 08:04:07 PM »
I don't know exactly how to ask this question , But i'm young and actually trying live for God even as being a musician I don't want people saying "He's hiding behind the organ" and etc , I want to be able to play music because i love it and know that's what i was created for and i want to be able to praise God and get what's for me , So how do I be able to praise God without being distracted by my music but still be able to play and all I think somebody will understand exactly what i'm trying to say ,... THANKS
My passion and dedication and most of all God will take me to the top.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Question for my actual Christians
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
First, you have to 'free your mind' from the fear of other people, and what they may say about you. Fear God. Yes, follow your leadership, but you are ultimately accountable to God. I can say this because this is something I too struggle with.

If the issue is concentrating on the notes/chords vs. worship, then follow the other posters' advice  and get comfortable enough with the songs that they become so automatic that you can worship through them. This takes time, and practice. A soldier or member of a sports team drills the same motions and routines over and over so they can react quickly in the heat of battle or the game. Playing/singing as part of your daily worship will help.

As a musician there is a danger of eventually getting burned out, when you feel it's all on you, that nobody understands or wants to help. In that case. it may be time to step away from the instrument from time to time, to Bible study and pray...

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
If I understand what you're trying to say... get really good at it so that you don't have to think about what you're playing, freeing your mind to fully reflect on God.

If that's what you mean. Just get really good and practice alot?
If this is it then you need to realize you are worshipping God through the music. I can feel my spirit worshipping when I play even if Im focusing on not messing up. It's a mind thing. Worship is not limited to just raising your hands and saying hallelujah. We worship God in many different ways.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline blazenbarr

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 08:44:37 PM »
First, you have to 'free your mind' from the fear of other people, and what they may say about you. Fear God. Yes, follow your leadership, but you are ultimately accountable to God. I can say this because this is something I too struggle with.

If the issue is concentrating on the notes/chords vs. worship, then follow the other posters' advice  and get comfortable enough with the songs that they become so automatic that you can worship through them. This takes time, and practice. A soldier or member of a sports team drills the same motions and routines over and over so they can react quickly in the heat of battle or the game. Playing/singing as part of your daily worship will help.

As a musician there is a danger of eventually getting burned out, when you feel it's all on you, that nobody understands or wants to help. In that case. it may be time to step away from the instrument from time to time, to Bible study and pray...

Thnx alot man you totally understood what imeant and just encouraged my life so much , And SketchMan3 , God Bless you guys
My passion and dedication and most of all God will take me to the top.
Pages: [1]   Go Up