LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workshop Planning  (Read 2684 times)

Offline expectations

• LGM Member

Workshop Planning
« on: November 18, 2005, 09:47:02 PM »
Have any of you planned a workshop before?
Rejoice in the Lord always, Again I say rejoice !!

Offline temejo1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Hello LGM!

Workshop Planning
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 02:17:35 AM »
I have done them and been in them.  I was in a workshop/choir rehearsal with Dr. Mattie Moss Clark...needless to say I feel like I learned from the best.
Don't take my kindness for weakness!
http://www.facebook.com/bamagirl4real

Offline expectations

• LGM Member

Workshop Planning
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 10:21:35 AM »
At church, we want to plan a summer musical conference.   I need to have a proposal planned for my Pastor to look at.  At this workshop I do not want these people coming just to learn songs.  It is my desire to have classes set for the praise and worship team, musicians, choir directors, worship leaders as well as classes for choir members.  I have a few people in mind that I would like to invite to help conduct the workshop.  Besides thier relationship with God and expenses, what are some more things that I need to  know in order to choose the right people?

Offline temejo1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Hello LGM!

Workshop Planning
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 01:16:37 PM »
I would say their experience.  Anybody can get in front of people and say something, but you need to make sure they know what they're talking about.  Have they conducted workshops before and how many?  Have they been in workshops.  How long have they been in "the business"?  Things like that!  In other words, a resume!  You can get recommendations from other musicians and other churches.
Don't take my kindness for weakness!
http://www.facebook.com/bamagirl4real

Offline lulajohns

• LGM Member
    • http://

Help!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 01:35:05 PM »
Hello, I would like to get more information on starting up a workshop too. The first thing I would like to know is how do one go about it. I belong to a somewhat small choir. I would like to address things such as; inconsistency, responsibilty to others and overall comitment to the music ministry. Even more still, I want us to learn about the true role of the P&W team and/or choir. I would like everyone concerned to know all about the importance of the music ministry to the entire body. There are much more, but for now, any information that anyone out there could share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Be Forever Blessed!
lulajohns

Offline expectations

• LGM Member

Workshop Planning
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 09:43:51 PM »
lulajohn;  I beleive that we have the same ideas as far as what the workshop should consist of.  I too play for a rather small church and we have the P&W team.  I also need to make a proposal for the workshop to present to the Pastor and members.  I do not know where to begin. :?  But I am very excited about it all.  This is new for me planning musical conferences and workshops.

Be Blessed

Offline lulajohns

• LGM Member
    • http://

Thanks for your reply
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 08:49:49 AM »
Thank you expectations for your reply. It seems we are in the same boat. I tell you what, as I get information on starting a workshop, I will pass it on to you and if you would do the same for me I would again greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for your reply and do have a most blessed day.

lulajohns
Be Forever Blessed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up