LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Musician's Attitudes  (Read 9123 times)

Offline musicteach

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Musician's Attitudes
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 04:39:40 PM »
Please send me a copy of the handout also.
My email is:  robynlynette@sbcglobal.net

Thank you

caisza

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 07:11:56 PM »
I know what you mean.  I played the keyboard at a visiting church.  A musician who didn't attend that service asked me the next day did I play and who played the best.  I told him that I don't play for my glory neither do I play for competition.  I play for the glory of God. 

It's just amazing how some muscians attitudes can be.  You have some musicians that love to drown you out while you are trying to play along with them.  Then believe it or not but there are also some muscians who will come into the church and just take over even though it's not their church. 

Thank the Lord that every muscian is not like that.

Oh yeah, and by the way, please send me a handout also to brandon02@bellsouth.net.

Thanks

8)

Offline lilmanofgod

• LGM Member
  • I love my dad soo much....
    • SuitBoy

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 08:53:01 PM »
I want it too suitboy90@hotmail.com
CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART, RENEW WITH IN ME THE RIGHT SPIRIT...MAKE ME OVER LORD

Offline lilmanofgod

• LGM Member
  • I love my dad soo much....
    • SuitBoy

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 08:53:56 PM »
and yes some musicians after gettin to a certain level in ministry or after many acclamades and all that decide they are the stuff and get big headed. pray for them ;D
CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART, RENEW WITH IN ME THE RIGHT SPIRIT...MAKE ME OVER LORD

Offline angelica53

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 11:52:47 PM »
I don't think its the attitude that is bad. Out of all the ministries in church it seems like the music ministry is CONSTANTLY under the enemies attack. Well then again, I can only speak for my church. But when you look at it, it seems accurate because music was Satan's position in heaven so of course that's the first part he's going to want to attack. As musicians, we have to remember this, and be watchful at ALL times. The key is prayer............

Offline ldr1971

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2006, 05:46:35 AM »
Can I get a handout?

ibgmom06@yahoo.com

YP

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 08:44:55 PM »
I have to say this is very interesting.  Now if my memory serves me correctly Satan was the minister  of music in heaven....................he got kicked out of heaven for basically getting beside himself(arrogance,pride,ect.) hint hint.  So therefore it would only make since for his spirit to mess with us musicians.  Think about...... :-\ we do what he use to do.  So it would only make since that he would hate and try to throw us with the same thing that messed him up.  Just food for thought. ::)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 10:38:31 PM »
I hear ya...
:)

Offline Fantom

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Corey B ~~ San Diego CA
    • Just Us Butlers

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 01:50:20 PM »
I WOULD LIKE A HAND OUT AS WELL...

LETHEREDEEMED@HOTMAIL.COM

Offline rodzigger

• LGM Member
  • Rodney J.

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 10:28:32 PM »
Musicians have attitudes, but you can't allow people to take you out of your comfort zone. Walking in the spirit is a wonderful feeling. Don't allow people to bring you out of this peaceful walk! The most important aspect of it all is musicians need to stop being arrogant and think Gods church needs them. God do not desire this type of attitude in doing his work! We must stop believing that we are the greatest gift in the church. We should work hard in setting examples for others to follow. Just because you are the leader does not mean you have to speak down to persons in the ministry! It is very important to work with people in a christian manner. I know there are times when you get upset, but keep in mind the actions that follow the anger and who ultimately loses when you are drawn out of Gods peaceful spirit. Don't let no one take your JOY!
Rodney J.

Offline adzidzor

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »
handout please sweetay3kaa@gmail.com

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 02:49:18 PM »
i would like one to gracias!

allonesound04@yahoo.com

this will help, i know this person who dont play the drumbs no
more (he is 11) and off the hook. but NE ways he was not
playing right, he do what he wants to do, messing up songs
clowning around ect. and you cant be doing that, we tell him
to speed it up or slow it down and he just looks and cont. doing
whatever he wants. God dont like ugly and he will raise up someone
else who is willing to do his will. and that is exactly what he did, a girl
came to and joined the church and we found out she plays and
sings that was a blessing, the young man had to go back and repent.
he plays for some youth choir songs but he still needs to humble himself
and know he is not the only one who can play with the sticks...!
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »
It is definitely possible for this attitude to happen.  Two types of Christians that have to watch out for arrogance are the following:

1)Musicians
2)Athletes

It would be a general statement and say that musicians are just arrogant, but it is easier for them to have that mindset.  Most musicians that I'm around know A WHOLE LOT OF BIBLE and just don't care for the fluff that Christians do.  Let's think about it.....musicians are responsible for setting the atmosphere:  music does something to the soul.  I said that to say, that you won't see a musician get happy over shouting music, BECAUSE THEY'RE PLAYING IT.  LOL.  but yeah, i think i'll stop before i get someone mad at me.....where is my armor.....
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 01:15:07 PM »
It is definitely possible for this attitude to happen.  Two types of Christians that have to watch out for arrogance are the following:

1)Musicians
2)Athletes

It would be a general statement and say that musicians are just arrogant, but it is easier for them to have that mindset.  Most musicians that I'm around know A WHOLE LOT OF BIBLE and just don't care for the fluff that Christians do.  Let's think about it.....musicians are responsible for setting the atmosphere:  music does something to the soul.  I said that to say, that you won't see a musician get happy over shouting music, BECAUSE THEY'RE PLAYING IT.  LOL.  but yeah, i think i'll stop before i get someone mad at me.....where is my armor.....

yea i agree with where u are comming from... i also say some get happy over their own music... when im playing shout music if its good and the spirit is movin i jump off and shout too... my brothers holdin it down with the organ or whatever... i know music helps but sometimes you gotta get'cho shout on
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline Fantom

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Corey B ~~ San Diego CA
    • Just Us Butlers

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 02:39:57 PM »
I TEND TO AGREE WITH THE "BIG HEAD" MENTALITY!!! OUR PASTOR HAD TO LET ONE OF OUR MUSICIANS GO.  HE WAS A VERY TALENTED PERSON (ORGAN, KEYS AND DRUMS). BUT BECAUSE OF HIS COCKINESS/ARROGANCE TOWARDS THE CHOIR LEADER, PRAISE AND WORSHIP LEADER AND THEN EVENTUALLY TO THE PASTOR.  IT JUST GOT TOTALLY OUT OF HAND. SO HE GOT HIS WALKING PAPERS.  A GOOD PERSON OUT OF THE CHURCH CAUSE HE DATES MY NIECE BUT WHEN HE GETS ON ONE OF THOSE INSTRUMENTS...LOOK OUT.

Offline melodic

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »
. It takes the ANOINTING YALL! :!:  :D  To successfully accomplish this and teamwork, then we throw away all the pride, attitudes, egos and arrogance, and try to get closer to God. uh think this is something we should take serious and be dedicated about. Things just might go easier this way and people's behavior might even change as well :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  So pray and stay humble,  8) dont get no attitude with folks 8)  8)  8)  8)  8) be cool yall love peace soul and the HolyGhost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D

AMEN.  One other thing I had my former musicians do was to say an anthem everyday.  I think i posted it on here some years ago.  It confessed everything from being blessed, to annointed.  It talked about NO weapon forming against us prospering and so forth. 

It is also a good idea to  choose a day for the music ministry to fast.  There is nothing like praying and fasting to change things, as well as FAITH CONFESSION that it is already done.
BELIEVE (Because Emmanuel Lives I Expect Victory Everytime)  http://www.cottagesoft.com/~songbird/graphics/mgglogo01_thumb.jpg

Offline ABOVEALL

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 09:30:59 PM »
Hand-me-Out a handout please.
spidamane18@yahoo.com

Offline shalon1973

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2006, 10:35:50 AM »
I think it's a hard job to teach songs to a choir or praise team, because u have so much personality to deal with. People don't realize teaching songs to people that talk over you, and think they know more than the minister of music it's a job i only can imagine. My minister of music is tight he can play his butt off, but sometimes we as the praise team sometimes take it for granted, when singing is for the lord it's not about us. So i say to you, and any mom keep god first and everthing else will be added according to gods will.   

Offline Pianist84

• LGM Member
  • La Pianista

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54:14 AM »
I also would like a handout: monique201284@yahoo.com
"Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy." ~Psalm 33:3

Offline drummer_boi23

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2006, 07:25:27 PM »
i like a handout drummerboi_18@msn.com thank you
Strive to make it to the top practise makes perfect if you pray and practice God will lead
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up