LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: your real opinion  (Read 1717 times)

DynastyDrumma

your real opinion
« on: December 07, 2005, 08:19:06 PM »
what r yals opinion on this kit and i want your real opinion cuz when i upgrade i want something ill be happy with.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=14&TempID=5&STRID=203638&Method=3&CategoryID=14&BrandID=1499&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=1&DepartmentID=4&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=

her r some other pics C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\256789.jpg

DynastyDrumma

your real opinion
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 08:21:58 PM »
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\256789.jpg

Zilpex

your real opinion
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:14:27 PM »
YOu need to upload the pics to a site like Photobucket or something similare in order to use the [img] stuff homie

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 01:38:05 AM »
I never played the stage customs. I wonder how they sound.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

your real opinion
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 02:20:05 AM »
Stage Customs are a mid-level kit.  They sound okay. They are a step up from the Forum and Export but barely. The hardware is on point. If that is what you can afford... you parents can buy you then it is a good. That is a solid kit. You have to learn how to tune it and play sound that it sounds like a million bucks.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

DynastyDrumma

your real opinion
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 05:14:05 AM »
sabian can u give me your opinion on a kit that you think would be really good thats not too much. (not anything over like $1400)

JFunky

your real opinion
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 07:20:49 AM »
Check this out bro.  Get the New Modern Drummer 30th Anniv. Edition and it'll help you a lot on making your decision.  They have a review on the top 10 Semi Pro level kits that are affordable.  I think it was you that I told on another thread but anyway I'll give you 2 that are really good and look outstanding.  1. PDP (LXE, LX, MX, CX and the new and improved FS (Birch).  2. Gretsch Catalina (100% Birch). Professional Drummers have used this kit on recordings countless times.  

You can get these kits starting out at $599.99 and up. (That's the price for the PDP FS which is a very good sounding kit.)  8)

Offline Ibilddrums

• LGM Member

your real opinion
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 09:42:01 AM »
Don't sleep on Taye drums. They make some nice kits. Not as flashy or well-known as the yamahas and pacific, but still good drums for the money.

If price is an issue right now, and you're in it for the long run, I suggest you sacrifice one or two pieces and buy a quality pro level kit and you can keep adding to it as time goes on. I've been kicking myself for years by buying a Pro M mapex kit 8, 10, 12, 14, 22. It's a great drumset but I wish I would've put that kind of cash toward a 4 piece or even a 3 piece DW or other high end kit. As time has passed I've seen great deals on eBay for single toms that would've been great to build the high end kit of my dreams. I am actually building myself an all maple kit with satin chrome DW hardware. This is what the hardware looks like it's not shiny chrome but kinda' dull and smooth. It's so sick!!!!

It's all good though I love my Pro M's I get a lot of compliments on how they look and sound. They really do sound great, and to top it off they were a gift from my wife before we were even married. So they have sentimental value in that respect.

ok enough rambling.

JFunky

your real opinion
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 10:15:51 AM »
Yeah my boy has a set of the old Pro M's and they sound good but man I've got to check out the New Pro M's which are all Maple now and they have the 2.3mm Super Hoops or whatever they call it..... man, Mapex is sneaking up on the comp.  Taye is good too.  I haven't read the review yet on the Semi Pro kit but the Studio Maple in looks and sound is really an amazing kit. 8)

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

your real opinion
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 11:37:59 AM »
jordan look man... practice on the kit you got no until you are actually learning some new stuff man.. you dont need a new drumkit yet man just play what you got now until its actually time TO upgrade, ~love frum ya big brotha~

DynastyDrumma

your real opinion
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 12:24:39 PM »
i no im not ready to upgrade yet im just lookin to see what i should be saving for but good lookin out mike.

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

your real opinion
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 12:32:13 PM »
i just dont want you to spend your money yet man cuz you never know, i mite be gettin a new kit soon :wink:  AND YOU SUPPOSE TO BE STUDYIN!lolget off tha computer!

DynastyDrumma

your real opinion
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 01:57:06 PM »
look whos talkin man im in study hall and aint got nuttin to do so yea LOL but let me no about that kit when ever u get it ight. Peace out
~ nino ~

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

your real opinion
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 02:37:16 PM »
Taye are nice. I have played on a couple.

RMV by far has the best sound for the money.

Like Zilpex said wait and invest on a good pro level kit.

However being that you just started just be patient and play your Foorums until they don't produce sound,  :lol:
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

DynastyDrumma

your real opinion
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 08:34:21 AM »
has anyone heard the gretsch drums if so which one be the best for the money?

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

your real opinion
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 06:12:44 PM »
i like the catalina birch aLOT...more than the maple! 8O

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

your real opinion
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 07:22:24 PM »
Catalina Birch is more in your price range. They are good drums.

The Reknown series is the next step up and is All Maple semi pro level kit.

RMV would be the best choice for your money they are made of Bapeva which is a Brazilian Maple. They are more dense than North American Maple or Birch which gives them a very powerful and balanced sound.

You can get a 5-piece shell pack (drums and mounts only) for around $700-800 and they sound like a $1800 kit.

http://www.indoorstorm.com/product_info.php?products_id=1661 roll over the drums for sound bites.
Pages: [1]   Go Up