LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where my sax players at?  (Read 7888 times)

Offline MartyPar01

• LGM Member
  • The joy of the lord is my strength!
    • MartyPar01's Site

Re: Where my sax players at?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 12:50:49 PM »
Wuz^! I'm 13 and I've been playin about 4 years. I really know my way around it! But I give all glory to god!  ;) I am in 8th grade going to the 9th. I am on Spring break as of this very moment. I am the Band Captain at Lowndes Middles School in Valdosta, Georgia as of the year of 2005-2006! I'm going to one of the Nation's most renown high school bands next year...Lowndes High School!  :D I really think God for blessing me with such talents that I can do things like this along wiht singing (2 time Georgia All-State Chorus), playing the keyboard a little, and greta leadership skills. I am also a FCA(Fellowship of Christian Athletes) leader at my school. :o I have been playin at my church (House of Prayer Represent) for about a year or so! Well I'm knew so I look forward to interacting more with ya! Holla Back! ;D
May you stay strong in the lord, may he keep you rooted in him! God Bless!

Offline MartyPar01

• LGM Member
  • The joy of the lord is my strength!
    • MartyPar01's Site

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 01:12:41 PM »
pianist/clarinet player and school band director also playing soprano saxophone at church now.  I find it is interesting that not everybody knows what a soprano sax is in my church. ;D
I know what ya mean! Mostly every one at my church call my alto saxaphone anything but that. It's been called a trumpet, a flute, and even a harmonica!
May you stay strong in the lord, may he keep you rooted in him! God Bless!

Offline sax4u2nv

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 06:59:06 PM »
Alto sax player here in the boogie down bronx, nyc

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 01:40:07 PM »
What it is brothers and sistaz?...........Alto, tenor, and soprano playa here from THE VA.

Been playing horn since 1979.....drums since 1980......double reeds since 1982....keyz since 2005.
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline drummer_boi23

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2006, 12:19:14 PM »
i play sax :)
Strive to make it to the top practise makes perfect if you pray and practice God will lead

Offline keynote

• LGM Member
  • Ps 16:1

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 09:23:17 PM »
Hello to all my fellow saxophonists!

I just wanna chime in and rep for the southeast!! I'm down here in the big state of SOUTH CAROLINA doin' my thing for Jesus! I just finished my 2nd year at Clemson University - I've been playin sax for about 9 yrs and I'm currently playin' at school for my gospel choir and jazz bands and any other gig I can get. It's good to see something on here for us horns!
Take care and be blessed!  Ps 16

Offline Zen_Micro

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 10:24:59 AM »
Hellooooo,  :) I also play sax. Been playing for about 12 years now. Right now I only play in church. I use to play in marching band, concert band and jazz band but I needed to make more time for school  :-\. Right now Im going to school for music education, hopefully I will be getting my degree this year!!

8) God Bless....
"Im pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gain-ing ev-'ry day......"

Offline ifiwereu

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 11:02:01 PM »
They're over here and everywhere. I have a tenor sax. There are not many saxophone players on a national level. We mostly hear smooth jazz guys who do a gospel or two every now and again. Have you guys heard Gerald Albright's "We fall down" or Kirk Whalum's "The gospel according to jazz" I and II CD and videos are available.

I play with background tracks and do instrumentals. I take what I heard in smooth jazz sax players and apply it for Jesus the giver of every good and perfect gift.

The mouthpiece and reed are very important...its not so much the horn.

Offline Jbroad572

• LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/b5productions

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 01:52:29 AM »
They're over here and everywhere. I have a tenor sax. There are not many saxophone players on a national level. We mostly hear smooth jazz guys who do a gospel or two every now and again. Have you guys heard Gerald Albright's "We fall down" or Kirk Whalum's "The gospel according to jazz" I and II CD and videos are available.

I play with background tracks and do instrumentals. I take what I heard in smooth jazz sax players and apply it for Jesus the giver of every good and perfect gift.

The mouthpiece and reed are very important...its not so much the horn.
I've found that latter to be true very much so. When picking a horn I think it's very important to really go based on feel and comfort, of course different horns will have a more focused or more spread sound, but the mouthpiece and reeds make a really big difference. I bet most people will find they sound the same on different horns if they use the same mpc and reed combination.

Offline ifiwereu

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 02:35:05 PM »
They sound the same on different horns with similar mouthpiece and reeds.  Kirk Whalum's Hymns CD is knockin'.  Never knew the man was into gospel that much.

Offline sax4u2nv

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 05:29:27 PM »
Grace and Peace everyone I'm 22 been playing alto sax for about 9 yrs. and I'm also in the Army Reserves playing bari sax in the 319th Army Reserve band and I also play in my church Greater Harvest Life Changing Ministries

Offline visionmike

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 10:19:40 PM »
Hey what's up! I'm a gospel saxophonist representing the M-town( Memphis, TN.) I'm 37 and have been playing since the 7th grade. Some folk may dance, some may sing, I have to praise Him my way--with my alto Cannonball!!  God1st4Life
In everything you do, ALWAYS put God 1st!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up