LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: extreme urban worship dvd  (Read 2890 times)

Offline blessme

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

extreme urban worship dvd
« on: December 18, 2005, 10:50:43 PM »
Just curious if any one was getting the new dvd being released by jamal hartwell on dec 20th extreme urban worship

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 12:53:44 AM »
Hey "blessme"

You can definitely count me in, I purchased the last DVD and I must say that it helped me tremendously in my playing style and technique.

Truly one of the best gifts I could get this Christmas

PianoWiz...

Offline chitownorgan

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 10:12:37 AM »
where can i purchase those dvds?

Offline BLAZING_CHORDZ782

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 12:03:21 PM »
Chitown you can go to www.gospelkeyboard.com  and get it from there

Offline NoelII

• LGM Member
    • http://www.kevinsharpe.net

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 03:43:36 AM »
If it's like the first one it will be full misinformation, bad theory, and bad technique. It will have some nice chords though.  Just watch his hands and ignore everything he says.
Psalm 33:3 "Sing unto Him a new song, play skillfully with a loud noise."

Offline Muziqmann

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 04:10:25 PM »
I'm not a big fan of his videos, but some of my friends like them.
When the minstrel played, the hand of the LORD was upon him.  II Kings 3:15

Offline Blackwiz87

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Tee...me
    • My Myspace

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 04:30:13 PM »
To be honest, Im not a big fan of his DVD's. The first one, he just shows you a few progressions and watnot, but I just think it could have been better. And sometimes when he plays, I look and Im like "i wanna do that", but he doesnt necessarily explain what I want to do. Basically, he doesnt explain everything, as if you already know most of it. He may add lil tricks, but not explain everything. And its just not set up the best. Maybe its because Im so used to Jermaines dvds, but Jamals dvds could be better. And for $100 for his second dvd, I would be expecting a lot and I dont think he'll give me enough for $100. But i'll admit, a few of his chapters, I liked. But like I said, he'll teach you a progression you can do in Eb or Ab or whatever, a lil progression thats done at the end of a song. But what if you dont even know how to play in Eb or Ab, then it becomes sorta pointless.

If the price was lower, I may think bout his second dvd, but for $100, I dont even bother thinking about it. Its prolly a good dvd for someone whos been playing for a long time. Both dvds seem to be for people who know a lot and been playin for years.
To KNOW me is to UNDERSTAND me, to UNDERSTAND me is to APPRECIATE me...

Yours Truly...Tee

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

I...
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 04:44:58 PM »
I spent $15,000 a year a year to go to college and I HATED IT.  So I'd definetely spend $100 to get one of Jamal's DVD's.  You can tell he put alot into it.  He has single handedly changed the way gospel DVD are done.

Before, someone would just grab a comcorder and shot some footage.  Now they have to actually invest time and money into a project if they want it to sell.

You can't really compare Jermaine and Jamal.  Ones and apple and the other is an orange.  Both of them are excellent in my opinion.
:)

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 04:59:17 PM »
I agree, the production quality of JAmal's DVD's are something to marvel.

But before you go and Buy this new set.  You might want to go to the website and listen to the audio interview he gives to Jermaine.

This new DVD will not be for everyone.  And quite honestly if you are brand new to the keyboard or piano, it is probably not a DVD you want to buy.

But if you already can play, and want to add a different flavor or style to your bag of tricks then this is probably a good video for you.

I still think that for a person brand new to the keyboard or piano, you can't go wrong with Jermaine.  Buy his complete set.  Then after you have a mastery of that material, check out what Jamal has to offer

just my 2 cents

jlewis

Offline JayZee

• LGM Member
    • gospel music train

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 07:13:10 PM »
Quote from: NoelII
If it's like the first one it will be full misinformation, bad theory, and bad technique. It will have some nice chords though.  Just watch his hands and ignore everything he says.

There are people that just sit around and do nothing and don't know what is going on.

There are people that know whats going on but just sit around and don't get nothing going on, then talk negative about those that do have it going on.

There are people that know whats going on and participate and incourage those that are getting it done.

There are people that are getting it done and are gonna keep getting it done regardless of the stumbling blocks that come there way.

Which are we gonna be?

God Bless you,
jayzee

Offline IPlayKeyz2

• LGM Member

Visit the Xtreme site and find out for yourself...
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 07:56:41 PM »
First I want to say, that you should visit the Xtreme site: http://urbanworship.gospelkeyboard.com and go to the interview section with Jermaine Griggs and you will hear many of the answers that you ask.

1. The first DVD was not designed for people who know advanced chords. The first DVD was designed to show people how to play urban worship type chords, vamps and movements fast.

2. As far as theory, Jamal says in his interveiw that he realized that people wanted theory, so he added way more theory and even a 20-page theory booklet on this next DVD. He even has the sheet music to all of the chords as well as the MIDI.

3. He states too that he is offereing technical support on this DVD as well.

And as far as showring you stuff, you have no excuse because you have the overhead view and the MIDI keyboard over top. If you can't catch every chord from that, then something is very wrong.

Plus he addes some spiritual teaching to help your spirit as well, along with a whole half an hour footage of teaching you theory behind runs and jazz soloing. Even stuff to help you with the Yamaha Motif........

I woul drecomend that you go and visit the site first before judging and you will see that Jamal addresses many of your concerns in his new DVD.

Remember, most people who play by ear in the church do not know theory, so Jamal is trying to speak to those people and speak to the theory folks at the same time, which is very hard to do, but I think he pulls it off pretty well!

Offline blessme

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 11:55:15 PM »
I placed my order on his dvd and plan to recieve it soon. once I recieve Ill let you know how it is. I expect the best

Offline Blackwiz87

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Tee...me
    • My Myspace

Re: I...
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 11:44:05 PM »
Quote from: 4hisglory
I spent $15,000 a year a year to go to college and I HATED IT.  So I'd definetely spend $100 to get one of Jamal's DVD's.  You can tell he put alot into it.  He has single handedly changed the way gospel DVD are done.

Before, someone would just grab a comcorder and shot some footage.  Now they have to actually invest time and money into a project if they want it to sell.

See, thats the thing. It seemed like so much was put into the production and not enough into the actual content. And once or twice in the first dvd, he would play some chords and not turn the electronic device thingy on. He would press the button, but it wouldnt come up. With his first dvd, I was so awed by the production because I know people usually dont put out dvds with production as good as hi. But it seemed like the production was what sold the product. I wish I could find out if its the same case with the second dvd, but I just cant afford it.
To KNOW me is to UNDERSTAND me, to UNDERSTAND me is to APPRECIATE me...

Yours Truly...Tee

kudzu_hill

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 06:18:37 AM »
I just recieved my worship extreme dvd and No! this dvd is not for Beginners....... I wouldn't recomend it for intermediate players either......This dvd is for Advanced and Masters who are about ready to be a bench member because you are bored with the same ol same ol routine patterns of songs or just being a musician period regardless of the pay (if you get paid at ur church)......the dvd is more for Urban/Contemporary worship and praise......I wouldn't even recomend it for basic hymn book choir songs(not knockin hymns) or the churches where they dont want you to play talk music while they do announcements or offering or altercall......this dvd is for experienced musicians playin behind mostly a contemporary soloist and/or a contempory praise team......and as far as production i think it is the best because like i said advanced players already know how most of it originates.....so all we basically have to do is hear a lil and see a lil .......I consider Jamal to be more like a musicians musicians......because for me he brings the joy of playin back......and for me all i need is a couple of chords or a progression or a run and just a lil bit of Jesus i feel like i keep on keeping on playin.......I think only experienced and advanced musicians understand his style of playin with the exception of a few

Offline BranNuMusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2005, 02:38:15 AM »
There has been minor debate surrounding the production quality of Jamal's products or the comparison to Jermaine's offerings.  The fact remains finally there are instructionals available and it might take a minute to find one that matches your skill level and music needs.  I'm just grateful these brothers are trying to help us all grow skillifully as so many of our churches are hurting for musicians.  Whether it's a video by Jamal, Jermaine, or any of the Wheatworks productions artists like Cassandra O'Neal, Pamela Davis, and P.J. Morgan it's a personal investment and money well spent...still less than private lessons and expensive conferences.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 10:50:53 AM »
Amen to that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up