LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: opinion on snare  (Read 563 times)

DynastyDrumma

opinion on snare
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:24:20 PM »
hey everyone whats yalls opinion on the pearl 12x5 poplar firecracker and the pork pie 12x5 little squealer. (if u had a choice which one would u get?)

Eccentric-Rhythm

Re: opinion on snare
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 08:20:44 AM »
Quote from: DynastyDrumma
hey everyone whats yalls opinion on the pearl 12x5 poplar firecracker and the pork pie 12x5 little squealer. (if u had a choice which one would u get?)

I would take the Pearl Firecracker. For the price and what it is, thats a nice little snare. I had one for awhile, it was an extra snare, and I gave it to a drummer at one of our churches who didnt have a snare...LIke I said, dont expect it to be a Musashi or anything, it is what it is...but to me its worth the money.

God Bless

DynastyDrumma

opinion on snare
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 08:49:27 AM »
thanx ER. no other suggestions anyone im thinkin bout gettin one of them soon and i need more suggestions

DynastyDrumma

opinion on snare
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 03:35:19 PM »
well i went to thw store and did not like all the ring in firwcracker so i think im gonna get the pork pie but is there anyother snare in that rang (100- 150) that would sound better than he pork pie. i like the pop a lot in the pork pie

Eccentric-Rhythm

opinion on snare
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 03:54:01 PM »
Did you tune the firecracker?? You cant judge a drums sound off of a shelf. Drums are very rarely tuned at a drum shop...and even if they are, people come through and mess with them all the time anyway. My Mahogany snare is supposed to have a ring to it as well, and it did. But I tightened my snare side 1/2 turn tighter than batter, and the ring is gone...Its all in tuning and head selection.

Another drum to look at may be the Popcorn Pacific...that is in that price range too...They are pretty nice.

God Bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up