LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Korg TR Music Station  (Read 1892 times)

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Korg TR Music Station
« on: December 26, 2005, 11:38:07 PM »
Hello fellow christians.

My name is Tywon and I'm a 15 year old who plays keyboard for his church. My story is interesting...I started out as a drummer because it was always my passion, but our keyboardist left us without notice for another church but thankfully at the time I was taking piano lessons and have since taken over the position.

Now...that the introduction is out of the way, lets get to the main topic. I play a Yamaha s08 at church, but for Christmas my mother got the chance to meet the pianist for Ruben Studdard (his name escapes me) and he helped her pick out a Korg TR Music Station for me so now I'm going with the double stacked keyboard. I've heard alot of people play Korgs, but this is my first one and I was wondering if anyone who has this particular keyboard or any Korg similiar could give me a few pointers. Sweet layers you've created? Reccomended sounds to play in? Specific settings? Any pointers would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks and God Bless

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Korg TR Music Station
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 04:45:06 PM »
Yo man me and you have a similar introduction. I have been playing drums for 12 years. I played for my dads church. And in the year 2003 our musician got locked up. I was already taking piano lessons also. I have been playing every since. I play at alot of churches around Memphis. I know nothing about the Korg TR workstation. I own an alesis qs8.2. I am about to soon get a motif es7. Yo man just p.m. me and maybe we can exchange chords.
Artistik Muzik

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Korg TR Music Station
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 04:47:39 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot to add that I play keys for a gospel group and I play for my church. I also know chords and play in all keys ( I hate transposing). I only know how to read a little but I am currently learning. Lets just say I know music but I cant read it.
Artistik Muzik

Offline SisterSteinway88

• LGM Member

Korg TR Music Station
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 08:41:03 PM »
Hi, are you referring to the Korg Triton?  If so, I've had one for about four years now and I love it.  I've got the full-size 88 keys and it's pretty cumbersome to carry around on gigs but other than that I've got no regrets.  I've found it to be very user-friendly, so I think it's perfect for someone who's just getting started playing keyboards.

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Korg TR Music Station
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:55:47 PM »
It's the new board from Korg...they have really outdone themselves with the board...the piano sounds are a bit better than the earlier trition boards and the features are user-friendly...wish i can buy it :?
MERCY EN!!

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

Korg TR Music Station
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 09:14:53 PM »
I want to get that keyboard to.It is a lot cheaper then the extreme.
Shannon moore

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

Korg TR Music Station
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 09:17:06 PM »
Quote from: 2tight
I want to get that keyboard to.It is a lot cheaper then the extreme.

Did anybody know that kurzweil have a new keyboard out called the pc161.Check it out at www.kurzweilmusicsystems.com.
Shannon moore

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

This....
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 10:13:46 PM »
Quote from: lilben
And in the year 2003 our musician got locked up.

this sounds like an interesting story. :)
:)

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Re: This....
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 11:27:42 AM »
Quote from: 4hisglory
Quote from: lilben
And in the year 2003 our musician got locked up.

this sounds like an interesting story. :)

The story is that he beat a guy into a coma and tortured his girlfriend. It was 6 witnesses(6 people said he didnt do it) to 1. They had no proof or evidence that he did it. So he got out in a year. He comes to our church every once in a while but he plays for some church in North Memphis.
Artistik Muzik

Offline SisterSteinway88

• LGM Member

Korg TR Music Station
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 05:27:53 AM »
Well, I'm glad Korg came out with some thing more affordable than that OASYS line...I'll have to check out this new TR at the store today.  Maybe I can catch it on a holiday sale! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up