LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question  (Read 2124 times)

Offline GEMINI24

• LGM Member

question
« on: December 29, 2005, 01:04:05 PM »
I have a question and anyone is welcomed to reply. Im like the back up Keyboard player at my church. I come to all the praise team rehearsal and I play with the MOM during service and by myself when he goes out of town.
The problem is that I never get any real notice when he is going out of town so I feel rushed and nervous about having to play by myself and learn the songs on short notice. We also sing the same old songs every sunday and when i try to give any input he just brushes me off. I mean we have been singing the same songs for years and it's getting boring and i just dont even want to play anymore half the time. How do I go to him and get what i feel across to him without him brushing it off?

Offline Bryant_CCTX2005

• LGM Member
    • http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/MUSICIANS-COGIC/

question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 03:47:57 AM »
Whats up GEMINI24. I just saw your post. I hope you get this. I understand how you feel cause I am going through the same thing and I'm the main musician. All you can do right now is just go and do what you do and that is assist in the playing. Ask him to let you know when he is going out of town so you can prepare properly.  If it gets to bad and to much to handle talk to the Pastor about it.  There have been times where when I came to church I wouldn't know that my drummer wasn't going to be there or the MOM wasn't to be there himself. To go further there are Sundays where I wouldn't know what the choir was going to even sing. So just pray, seek GOD and just play man. BUT MOST OF ALL PRAY.

Offline GEMINI24

• LGM Member

question
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 11:32:49 AM »
I really appreciate your response and your advise. I had to play 2 nights in a row by myself and it was not a good experience. The praise team wouldn't open their mouths, I couldn't get the sound technicians to turn up the monitors so I could hear. I Asked the bass player 2 nights in a row to bring his Bass so he could help me out a little. Well he refused to play with me but when the head musician came on the last night he had his Bass, the praise team could sing again and the sound was perfect. I do know that you aren't to depend on people and even though all of that happened People still got saved and we got a good word from the Lord. I guess my feelings were hurt just a lil bit but i've prayed about it because I don't want to become bitter.  Again thanks for your reply.

Offline Bryant_CCTX2005

• LGM Member
    • http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/MUSICIANS-COGIC/

question
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 12:32:14 AM »
I'm not going to tell you not to get upset. But don't be bitter about it. I got to the point where I was bitter and I almost turn my back on the ministry that GOD gave me. What you need to do now since talking is not helping is pray. If the music ministry is your ministry ask GOD to  fix the situation. I think this is your trial time, this is your test. Whatever your destiny is this is prepareing you for it. I know what I went through prepared me for what I am about to enter in to and thats Minister of Music at a 1000 member church in the State of Florida ( i live in Texas now). The church I play at now is only 160 members. Thats what GOD will do for you if you remain faithful and continue do what has been placed before you to do.

BE BLESSED
Pages: [1]   Go Up