LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's Shout : The Dimished Way  (Read 16523 times)

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Let's Shout : The Dimished Way
« on: February 15, 2004, 01:28:40 PM »
Here's a shout that God blessed me with recently that I'm going to share with everyone:

Take a normal shout.

Usually it's done one of two ways, a 1-5:

Ab (1) ,C,Db,D,Eb (5),F,Gb,G,Ab

or 1-4

Ab (1),Bb,B,C,Db (4),F,Gb,G,Ab

Here's a new way:

Ab (1),Ab,A,Bb,B (b3),F,Gb,G,Ab

I do this by playing a high Ab then a low Ab as the second one. Ok, so why do I call this dimished? Simple, it's because of the F,Ab and B together form a dimished F chord, which also happens to be the relative minor of Ab. This bass line moves between those relative minors to form a dimished sound. You can test it by playing a dimished F chord (F,Ab,B) while doing this bass line.

Chord it as you would a 1-4 shout, the minor of those chords go well with the slightly-off sound of the bass. I don't recommend staying on this too long, because you'd probably get stares from people thinking that you got the devil in you or something. Just throw it in there rarely, and you'll get the more desirable what-was-that look.

I'll make a video if this later and also one showing how to use this in "I'm a soldier"  :wink:

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Let's Shout : The Dimished Way
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 03:34:54 PM »
Thank you brother . . . your posts are very helpful. Could you post another baseline or two for those of us out here who are working on our "shout theory"?  :lol: Be Blessed . . . BBoy
Joshua 1: 7, 8
Pages: [1]   Go Up