LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FINDING MY VOICE!  (Read 1589 times)

Offline michaeln

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

FINDING MY VOICE!
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:22:22 AM »
Hello everyone I'm new to sing as well as new to playing piano.  What I know is that I want to do both and give God all the glory.  My issue is that I don't seem to have control over my voice.  I want more control and range.  I sing in the mens choir at church and want to help and not hurt the choirs sound.  And for those like JoyceCH that play piano also how can I bring them both together to complement each other.  Because as I blessed by God I will also play piano for the mens choir and maybe the church also if that's God's will. Any vocal exercises and piano exercises would be a blessing.

Offline Pajarita

• LGM Member

FINDING MY VOICE!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 11:12:20 AM »
I can help (hopefully) with the singing and control.  Believe it or not, HUMMING really helps to give your vocal chords a work out.  When you're traveling in your car or sitting at home, try humming loudly.  Choose a song that you like and that you feel is a challenge for you.  Not too much of a challenge, but just something that will make you work.  Do this for about a week, then while humming, pick a few words out of the song that you open your mouth and sing, and intermittently switch back and forth from humming to singing certain words or verses.  It worked for me.  You'll be surprised at the difference in control you'll have developed.  Let me know how it goes!  L8r!
Pages: [1]   Go Up