LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Vangelist

• LGM Member
  • No Joy, No Strength *II Timothy 4*

Question
« on: January 09, 2006, 02:42:42 AM »
PTL,
I am the P&W leader at my church. Like alot of people in ministry I didn't want the position, but I love it now and who am I to resist what God is doing. Anyway here's my question: How do you feel when you are leading the P&W (singing, praising, worshipping your heart out), but you feel like your by yourself because you have a church of people who look at you like your crazy. Dont get me wrong, they clap say hallelujah and amen, but the dont let go and let God.
I would really like some input on this subject because it has really been getting to me lately an I'm to the point where I don't even want to be the P&W leader anymore.

Abundant Blessings
I won't take nothing for my journey now. No turnin' back, no turnin' back.

churchyreal

Question
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 02:46:52 PM »
PTL,
You must get to the point where you have the attitude that says, "I don't care what they are doing, I'll praise him if I have to praise him by myself." Everybody didn't come to church to praise and lift up the name of Jesus, but you did. Also you can pray that God will send a Spirit of Praise into the house.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Offline GEMINI24

• LGM Member

Question
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »
HI,

I know exactly what your talking about because majority of the time its like that at my church. The P& W leader has to constantly pump people up to praise God. Every sunday its "come on and praise the lord" and " oh, I know God did something for you this week".  You have people that are going for what they know, praising and worshipping God. Then you have people that clap their hands and say Glory but it's like they're zombies. I  think that comes when people don't have relationship during the week with God, come to church and need the
praise team to work extra hard just to pull them out of their mess . Another possibility is maybe they cant get with the songs the team sings and needs something different( just a possibility:)). It can be frustrating i know but you have to just pray and press on. The Bible says " don't be weary in well doing for in due season you shall reap if you faint not". That is not just some random verse but its an affirmation of Gods promise that those who sow out of goodness their time and effort shall reap spiritual blessings from him. I encourage you not to get discouraged( If you do keep going), never throw in the towel and I promise you  your labor wont be in vain. I had a similar issue and just had to really meditate and focus on why and for who I do what I do  first place. Again be encouraged and don't give up.

Offline rickshaun

• LGM Member
    • http://

Question
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 03:19:07 PM »
i had the same struggle and Gemini24 was right about be not weary... Because my church has not always been the most poppin church and at times it seemed that i was pumping even the praise team but now God is really moving thru that ministry. It took about 3 years of pumping to get it to a level where people are just desparate for a true worship experience and are giving their all to get to that point in p&w. So like GEMINI24 said, i encourage you to contiue to put your heart into what you are doing and just pray for the people of god to have an eager heart to praise him. It will come to past.

Just keep in mind that if you have to, you will praise him by yourself because there will be times even once the church has progressed in that area, you will be in the holies of holies and the rest of the church still tryin to get n the gates. Just stay prayed up because the process can be draining!

musicalchuck

Question
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 08:56:45 PM »
I have that problem from time to time, but thats where the power of prayer comes in at.  Intercessory Prayer before the services eliminates any hinderances to the service.---Also, you have to look towards God because as you know you are gloryfying Him, and not the people.  I'm 16 years old, and It took me a long time to stop trying to please the people.  IF you look at the people while you are ministering, it will cause you to step out of the anointing simply because you saw the dull looks of the congregation----Move yourself out of the way, and allow god to regain your focus, so he can pour you out and pour into you.  If youre in this position, evidently God has anointed you in that area.  Therefore getting in the way, or trying to put an end to what God has ordained is not good.  Like the song---if God ordained it, He will maintain it.  Hold on to God, Get before Him and watch Him move in your life!'

God Bless,
MuziqalChuck

Offline c-kret05

• LGM Member
    • http://

I understand
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 06:28:39 AM »
I understand exactly what your saying sometimes it's good not to worry about them but when it happens alot theres a problem not with you but when your leading P&W while people are just sitting there they maybe missing out on there blessing. What you do is go to your pastor and ask him if you can do a service dedicated to P&W you find a preacher whos experienced in that area so he/she can explain what P&W really is. It's not all about the singing but when you praise God something begins to happen. Then you get a couple of P&W teams so you can get an idea of what to do and how how to get your church into it.

Offline MizzBlackSheep

• LGM Member

TRULY BREAK THROUGH
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 02:48:32 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING THE PRAISE AND WORSHIP LEADER AT YOUR CHURCH. FIRST THINGS ARE FIRST. TO EFFECTIVELY LEAD A PRAISE AND WORSHIP SERVICE, YOU HAVE TO GO IN TO IT EMPTY. I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT YOU, AS THE LEADER AND THOSE WHO ARE INVOLVED IN P/W WITH YOU (PW TEAM) MUST SPEND THE ENTIRE DAY PREVIOUS IN CONSECRATION AND PRAYER. YOUR MOTIVES, YOUR SPIRIT AND YOUR PRAISE ARE GOING UP BEFORE GOD, AND IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENTING A CLEAN SACRIFICE, YOUR EFFORTS WILL BE REJECTED. SECONDLY, THE WHOLE PURPOSE FOR P/W IS TO USHER IN THE PREPARE THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF THE PEOPLE FOR THE SPOKEN WORD. WHAT SONGS ARE YOU USING? A LOT OF TIMES, WE LEARN SONGS THAT WE LIKE BECAUSE WE THINK THEY WILL BE A GOOD FIT FOR OUR SERVICE. YOU MAY NEED TO REEVALUATE YOUR SONG SELECTION AND CHOOSE SONGS THAT ARE NOT POPULAR, BUT THAT ARE ANOINTED. I AM LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO BE EDUCATED AS TO WHAT IT TAKES TO EFFECTIVELY GO INTO GOD'S PRESENCE, AND I WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU AND YOUR MUSIC DEPARTMENT IN THIS AREA. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO, AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SACRIFICE THAT IS BEING OFFERED BECAUSE YOU ARE LEADING PRAISE AND WORSHIP. CONTACT ME AT BLACKSHEEPMINISTRIESINC@YAHOO.COM AND I WILL SET UP A VISIT TO YOUR AREA. P/W IS A SERIOUS THING,IT'S NOT JUST AN ORDER OF THE SERVICE. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

JoyCH1

Re: Question
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 09:09:19 PM »
You just described every church in America!  :D  Just know what you are doing is for the Lord. That's what matters.

Offline pumpitump

• LGM Member
  • hi!

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 05:19:04 PM »
You just described every church in America!  :D  Just know what you are doing is for the Lord. That's what matters.

i agree with you sista
im blessed

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 12:21:48 AM »
wow i hear what you are saying... sometimes we have similar issues at our church... but like someone else said as long as you are doing your part for God then dont wory about the others being bumps on a log in the pew.... their not allowing themselves to be deliverd....

And sometimes it is so frustrating singing your heart out playing and no one joins you! but in the end i am blessed and i feel for them just sittin there lookin!
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 07:16:35 AM »
I thought I came through earlier and answered this quesiton, but I guess not:

One thing that you must undrstand is that just because you don't see them lifting their hands our shouting out to the Lord, does not mean they aren't thinking about the words and letting them minister to their hearts.  People, especially in the black church, feel like if they aren't looking like they are praising according to what we see, we get on the mic and holler "GET UP....REMEMBER YOU ARE PRAISING FOR JEHOVAH"  Time out for that  As long as your heart is right, then people will effectively be ministered to. 
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 07:33:04 AM »
As long as your heart is right, then people will effectively be ministered to

*poof, The Grammar Wizard enters*

Never, never end a sentence with a preposition.

The correct way to write this sentence should be:

As long as your heart is right, then people will be ministered to effectively.  ;)

And, even with that correction, I don't necessarily think that sentence is grammatically correct, but I have a busy day ahead.  :D

*poof, The Grammar Wizard exits*

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 07:34:16 AM »

*poof, The Grammar Wizard enters*

Never, never end a sentence with a preposition.

The correct way to write this sentence should be:

As long as your heart is right, then people will be ministered to effectively.  ;)

And, even with that correction, I don't necessarily think that sentence is grammatically correct, but I have a busy day ahead.  :D

*poof, The Grammar Wizard exits*

Apparently, not busy enough.....
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 09:49:35 AM »
WOW! period.
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline praznhim06

• LGM Member
  • Sing unto the Lord a new song... Psalm 96:1

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 12:12:33 PM »
wow i hear what you are saying... sometimes we have similar issues at our church... but like someone else said as long as you are doing your part for God then dont wory about the others being bumps on a log in the pew.... their not allowing themselves to be deliverd....

And sometimes it is so frustrating singing your heart out playing and no one joins you! but in the end i am blessed and i feel for them just sittin there lookin!
AMEN!!!!!! ?/?but it is sometimes discouraging.  Ohhhhhh BUT GOD!!! ::)
"Doing God's work, God's Way"

B_XALTED

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 12:28:39 PM »
I am from Cali, and I now live in Va... go to a small church in a little remote country area... When my family came to the church, we were all into what we knew in Cali, the faster songs, contemporary gospel,  and REVISED hymns. When I started playing the drums, and started singing on the praise team, and my mom started directing the choirs and my sister started.... then BANG!!!! it hit us that no one seemed to be there to worship. My mom is old school. BAPTIST in the roots. She will praise the Lord wearing a chest protector, a mouth guard some flip flips in the rain with a bucket of chicken in her hand at car wash hosing down a bicycle... She don't care whose around. but my sister, and i don't always look at it like that... I get mad... I quit the praise team and everything... but how selfish was that???I quit cause the people wouldn't praise..... I matured up and thought about it.... I know what I came for... as P&W leader, I think that as long as you have the attitude to praise Him NO MATTER WHAT, then the people will either conform or not... They arent being disobedient to me....i did what I was 'sposed to do..... sounds harsh, but what else can you do????

Offline Little Feather

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 09:55:32 AM »
That's the same thing I go through But I don't let it get me down. People look at me like that because of the type of church that I work in But, it doesn't get to me because I just keep praying and letting God have His way in my life and letting go and letting Him is the biggest key in the equation.

Offline chosenandcalled

• LGM Member
  • I John 4:16- He that dwelleth in love...

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 01:44:03 PM »

Praise Him by yoself gurl!!! I mean because I'm only 17 years old and i've been the youth choir director for 2 years now. Like you, I didn't expect for my life to be this way. I knew that I couldn't run away from it but, right then I felt it wasn't the right time. i changed church homes when I was 16 bout to turn 17. I wasn't expecting for this position and I wasn't asking for it, but through the man of God, God gave me this position. because he gave the talent to sing and to teach singing. i just now been the youth choir director for 10 months. God has blessed me but sometime, the flesh gets in tha way of the praise and that shouldn't happen. You go to church to praise the Lord with your brothers and sisters in the Lord. but they act and look at you like gurl, u is crazy. You can't prep nobody to praise God. When they get in the doors they should be praisin God. the word says enter into his gates with thanksgiving and to his courts with praise. yeah people will do that sometime because they do understand what he's done for you. that is why God will bless you because of Your praises. Don't worry, you doing that because he put you in that position for his glory. That why some of the people probably look so pitiful, cuz you getting yo breakthrough. Sometimes the Lord will put you in a place where he'll make you realize, that even though you weren't expecting it but he gave you that special position cuz of your gift. don't give up, hold on through hard times. don;t let yo flesh get in the way of your praise. put yo flesh up under subjection( romans 12:1, present your BODIES a living sacrifice...). Give God yo best. It don't matter what other people do or say.things like that shouldn't phase you. and if it do you in yo flesh. Your spiritual man should be the ruler over your flesh. you are spirit living in a fleshly body. that's why some people lust, steal , cheat, covet, so on and ao forth. but you gotta remember who you are in Christ. alright now im through, but i love giving God the praise.hallelujah!!!! Glory to God!!!my soul is getting happy, glory!!!!!
Chosenandcalled

many are called but few are CHOSEN......

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 09:42:22 AM »
Welcome to LGM  c-kret05
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 09:43:24 AM »
Welcome to LGM  MizzBlackSheep
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up