LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am Uncoordinated!  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Andrel

• LGM Member

I am Uncoordinated!
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:48:50 PM »
This past Sunday we sung "Do Not Pass Me By".  I like this song; it is a song that you/the choir can really get into.  Unfortunately, I didn't learn all of the words so while I was concentrating on trying to listen to what the other choir members were sings, while still singing what I thought they were saying, clapping and rocking.  I found my self not being about to clap and rock on beat with the other members.  I felt very out of place and a little embarrassed.   I couldn't feel all of the song because I didn't know the words which caused me to be uncoordinated.   :lol:

Has anyone else experienced anything like that before?
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: I am Uncoordinated!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 08:14:44 AM »
Quote from: Andrel
This past Sunday we sung "Do Not Pass Me By".  I like this song; it is a song that you/the choir can really get into.  Unfortunately, I didn't learn all of the words so while I was concentrating on trying to listen to what the other choir members were sings, while still singing what I thought they were saying, clapping and rocking.  I found my self not being about to clap and rock on beat with the other members.  I felt very out of place and a little embarrassed.   I couldn't feel all of the song because I didn't know the words which caused me to be uncoordinated.   :lol:

Sure, it simply comes from not being prepared for a particular. I hate it when the director will choose a song that he thinks the choir knows, but in reality, there are some newer members of the choir who may not be familiar with that particular song.

To get back on topic, your brain is trying to do so many things at once, that it does none of them well. Once you get the song, the clapping and rocking will come.

Be Blessed,
Jonathan
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline silky

• LGM Member
  • at the Cross.......

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 05:18:44 PM »
Quote from: Andrel

Sure, it simply comes from not being prepared for a particular. I hate it when the director will choose a song that he thinks the choir knows, but in reality, there are some newer members of the choir who may not be familiar with that particular song.

To get back on topic, your brain is trying to do so many things at once, that it does none of them well. Once you get the song, the clapping and rocking will come.

Be Blessed,
Jonathan

i agree, focus on one thing, then build.
WHEN YOU CAN'T, GOD CAN

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 06:19:50 PM »
I've done that before 'Andrel' so don't worry about it just follow the advice that 'sjonathan02' gave thats how I got over.

Be blessed

PianoWiz...

Offline cinderellaofpiano

• LGM Member
  • God Favors Me

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »

do you know the chords 2 that song
if so email
shellakamichelle@yahoo.com
The shoe did fit, guess I'm not Cinderella.

Offline Lilfingers

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 12:31:26 PM »
Sure!!!, don't feel bad---I'm a director/musician---I can't sing and clap at the same time ---I just fake it and move my hands---I know and I am very conscious of it.
I'm playing for God's Glory--not man's. LILFINGERS
Pages: [1]   Go Up