LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Status of Horns  (Read 4534 times)

churchyreal

Status of Horns
« on: January 11, 2006, 01:27:04 PM »
What do you all feel is the status of horns in the black church? The organ, piano, drums, and guitars have dominated the church for years, but what about the horns? What y'all think?

Offline SaxophonePraise

• LGM Member

Status of Horns
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 05:43:42 PM »
Well, i think horns are a huge part in the gospel industry.  They connect everything together and bring a fuller, more complete, tighter sound.  These days virtually every Black Gospel album you will find will have some kind horns, whether it be Live horns, pre-recorded horns, or synths.  They bring out the style of the song, they set the tone, the mood.

Bro_JT

Status of Horns
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 02:41:13 PM »
I love the sound of Horns in gospel music. My church has a band that i been playin in for seven years so when there are no horns playin i feel like something is missing. [/quote]

Offline Jbroad572

• LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/b5productions

Status of Horns
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 04:38:08 PM »
Quote from: Bro_JT
I love the sound of Horns in gospel music. My church has a band that i been playin in for seven years so when there are no horns playin i feel like something is missing.
[/quote]
What instruments are included in the band? Does someone arrange the parts you guys play or do you all just flow together?

Offline MRSAX19

• LGM Member
  • Hello Somebody...Hello Anybody

Re: Status of Horns
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 03:12:56 PM »
As a solo artist i feel as though when a horn is played in services its a way for peole to hear the real voice of God. it has been my experiance that people get on an intament worship with God when a horn is played under the anointing. there is a tell about the rams horn and how people would blow into the end of it and hear the voice of God... i feel that when a saxophone, trumpet clairanet or trombone is played under the anointing.  you can here the literal voice of God.    (sorry for preachin')
From Da Prophet

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 04:24:22 PM »
Hey Guys,

I'm a Pianist/Keyboardist and I must say that here in Nottingham, UK and in my Pentecostal church there are mainly keyboards, drums, bass and guitarists that play during our service.

At the moment there is a brother in Christ of mine who is attempting to learn alto sax, taking lessons but still wants some more help. He has played the sax during service and it was greatly received and I enjoyed it a lot.

My opinion is that there should be a lot more varied instruments used in the church. Now I have seen and heard on television violins, flutes and Trumpets etc… & I loved it, and I would like to see and hear it a lot more

Finally I’ve been asked to help and find artists and websites that include downloads, videos, songs and more to aid my Christian brother in his style of playing, if anyone knows of any please can you post.

Thanks

PianoWiz...

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 01:25:48 AM »
i feel horns are becomming a very big part of the church band, and sooner or later without them it will really sound empty

ES7Mike

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 03:18:29 PM »
It seems as horns have been made more prevalent in the church thanks to the likes mo horns and a few others. horns have always been around since the beginning of time they have been utilized many of times on several integrity music recordings.

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 11:25:10 PM »
HORNS

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 06:52:34 PM »
HORNS ??

PianoWiz...

Offline Carinne

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Saxophonist

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 11:18:24 AM »
well I'm new to LGM, but not to playing in the sax in Church I have been playing in Church 8 or 9 years. I think the horns are just the icing on the cake. It also depends if you are playing by yourself or with other people. Because by yourself you can express color improv. But when you play with people everyone has to to do it as a whole flowing together.You can still eat cake without the icing, but the icing make it taste a lot better and different. we play a major part because we can help usher in the whole flow of holy spirit.

Offline theunit

• LGM Member
  • morning glory

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 04:05:23 PM »
THE REAL STATUS OF ANYTHING IS NOT REALLY REPRESENTED RIGHT ....ITS REALLY ALL ABOUT THE RECORD INDUSTRY..AND BELEIVE ME YOU ....I CAN BE THE BEST HORN PLAYER IN THE WORLD, BUT IF THE RECORD COMPANY DONT THINK THAT THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME MONEY OFF OF ME I BASICIALLY," CAN FOR GIT BOUT IT "  THE ONLY WAY IS TO CREATE YOU OWN BUZZ IN THE CHURCH WORLD..AND BE HEARD.........HOWEVER WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT TRIALBLAZING... JUST BE AWARE OF EVERYTHING THAT COMES ALONG WITH THE TITLE

BE BLESS...THE UNIT....KEVIN DAVIS
THE UNIT

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »
horns bring a different flavor to the music...

However to me it appears that the learning curve is steeper for horns when compared to drums or keys. I don't know how many gospel songs have a clear and easy horn section that you can take lessons for 2 weeks and then play the song during service

Pages: [1]   Go Up