LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN  (Read 3709 times)

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »
It doesn't matter to me. I have a set of Sabians and a Set of Zildjians. I'm gonna get some Paistes and some Meinls. Everybody has immitations of everyone else's stuff. There's a lot to choose from. Buy what you want because that's what YOU want to buy, not because of an ad in a magazine. Yell back!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006, 07:44:53 AM »
Yell back!

haHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i'm using that

oh and i like sabian, but only because my ears force me to
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline gospodruma

• LGM Member
  • gospodruma/BoLu
    • gospodruma

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006, 08:39:46 AM »
Quote from: freddyfusion

try zildjian, ur ears would NOT force you to...your ears would beg you to....hehehehehehe :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
2 B A MUSICIAN IS MY AIM; 2 GLORIFY GOD, MY DREAM!
http://gospodruma.hi5.com

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2006, 09:16:45 AM »
They both are alright but the thing is the quality.  Sabian's top of the line can go toe to toe with Zildjians but when you get all they way down to a B8 Pro and a regular A, I,d goe with the zildjian. In my opinion, Sabian makes better effects cymbals (chinas, ozones) but Zildjian makes a better crash and splash.
Keep It Funky

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006, 11:08:18 AM »
Don't Forget about Sabian's XS-20's. Those are great cymbals for the price.  And they sound good for the price.
Love God. Live Long.

j_kay

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 11:22:16 AM »
Quote from: Metronome
They both are alright but the thing is the quality.  Sabian's top of the line can go toe to toe with Zildjians but when you get all they way down to a B8 Pro and a regular A, I'd go with the zildjian.

Why would you compare an entry level line to a professional line?  Apples and oranges, I tell ya...  Apples and oranges...

An accurate comparison would be Sabian's B8 Pro vs. Zildjian's ZBT.

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006, 08:34:12 PM »
Actually he did make a right comparison of Sabian AA to Zildjian A.  I mean I think Sabian makes a better lower line than Zildjian.  But nothing.., I REPEAT NOTHING IS TOUCHING ZILDJIAN K's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 08:38:31 PM »
i dont think so. The K's had an advantage but have you heard the whole HHX evolutions? those come real close

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 09:05:58 PM »
Sabian AAX's, HHX's, AA El Sabor's, and AA's. Hands down!!!! If I were to go play with CeCe Winans or somebody right now i wouldnt use anything but Sabian AAX's and HHX's and maybe a Zildjian A custom or K custom.
Artistik Muzik

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 07:34:38 AM »
Quote from: gospodruma
Quote from: freddyfusion

try zildjian, ur ears would NOT force you to...your ears would beg you to....hehehehehehe :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

HA! :twisted:
beg me to stop hitting them!!!!
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Eccentric-Rhythm

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 07:42:57 AM »
BETWEEN SABIAN AND ZILDJIAN, ZILDJIAN ALL THE WAY!!!

NOW I ALSO LIKE ORION, MEINL & BOSPHORUS.

BUT ZILS, ARE MY CHOICE.

GOD BLESS.

j_kay

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2006, 09:19:01 AM »
Quote from: waydrummer
Actually he did make a right comparison of Sabian AA to Zildjian A.  I mean I think Sabian makes a better lower line than Zildjian.  But nothing.., I REPEAT NOTHING IS TOUCHING ZILDJIAN K's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you really read the quote from Metronome that was included with my comment, or did you just skim through it?   :D

I'll repost the quote that has the inaccurate comparison (with bolded font): "...but when you get all they way down to a B8 Pro and a regular A"

In this statement, he is comparing a Sabian B8 Pro cymbal to a Zildjian A(vedis) cymbal.  Again, this is not a fair comparison, since the B8 is an entry level cymbal and the A(vedis) is a professional level cymbal.  Apples to oranges...  Apples to oranges...

Now do you see why I made that comment?   :D

Offline JoeLove

• LGM Member

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »
hey guys,
i work in a drumstore part-time here in the UK, and let me tell you Zildjian quality control is beggin it.

We get three broken zildjians a week, compared to one sabian a month (this could be down to type of players choosing what brand, and proportion of sabian to zildjian bought) and sometimes the replacements zildjian send are broken!

they make some nice cymbals, but you have to try five of the same cymbal to find a good one.

I used to be all one brand, but since seeing Chris Dave with a paiste ride, k hats and sabian crash Ive realised mixing is ok... haha!

if i had to go with one brand Id go Sabian because they seem committed to trying new things (ozone, effekts, signature lines) and then id use Old Ks or de-logoed Istanbuls for jazz!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2006, 12:36:35 AM »
Now the truth comes out,  :lol: ...

seriously though... I don't understand cats breaking cymbals.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Eccentric-Rhythm

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 07:40:50 AM »
Quote from: SabianKnight
Now the truth comes out,  :lol: ...

seriously though... I don't understand cats breaking cymbals.

I dont get that either Sabe. I USED TO play REALLY REALLY REALLY hard, and I have some thin cymbals, and they are still in perfect condition. Maybe they are hitting them with a sledge hammer, or not using cymbal sleeves.

& I still LOVE Zildjians!

God Bless.

Offline stixbajan

• LGM Member

ZILDJIAN OR SABIAN
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 12:25:18 PM »
i used to use sabians but i switched to zildjian.
they sound crispier to me and those k's and k customs sound gorgeous. its all a matter of personal preference.  maybe its those other drummers technique because i hit hard as well and the only thing i cracked was a used splash that was already worn and bent up.  i will put up my zildjians any day against another manufacturer.  i do however love those ozones but paiste also makes some real nice stuff in their signature and traditional lines
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up