LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chords to "God Wants A Yes"  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Chris

• LGM Member
    • http://

Chords to "God Wants A Yes"
« on: June 23, 2003, 07:08:53 PM »
I really need these chords...my choir sings it and I play the drums, so I want to know how to play it on the organ, plus I just bought a Hammond so I want to learn some new things to play on it. Yes I play too! Well if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.  Also if anyone posts the chords can you please write out all the notes, cause I really don't understand Ebmin and all that other stuff, so thanks and God Bless!
Christian :)
God is Still on The Throne!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 10:45:08 AM »
Is this on the James Hall cd?

Offline Chris

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 02:45:23 PM »
Yes it is on the James Hall CD!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 05:51:18 PM »
What do you have so far? and what part is causing you the problem?

Offline OrganBoy712

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 08:10:54 PM »
Yes, It is on the cd Live In New York

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 08:46:10 PM »
;)

I have the cd. I have all the James Hall cds. I'm just wondering which part he has a problem with. I'll help him learn the song, but I won't just give it to him, if he hasn't already tried to learn it on his own.

I don't want anyone to think that I'm being mean or anything. I really do want to help, but it's not good to give people advanced chords, especially when they don't understand them, so if he can show me what he knows already, I can modify that and add a few chords that I think he could play easily, or with little effort. The key to getting better, is not to learn a lot of "PHAT", "SWEET", "WICKED" (I don't like that word) chords, but to learn the reason why those chords work. Just learning the chords cause you to miss those epiphany moments where you'd say, "Ohhhh....Now I see what that works!", and the key to this is to stretch your ears. Make 'em bleed a little bit! Get frustrated like I used to do and beat the keyboard/organ.

Another thing to do is to play through a whole cd, without stopping it. Whatever cd you have, don't try to learn the chords. Don't even try to think about the chords. Just play through cd after a few months of doing this, you'll get better at it, and be able to pick up the songs faster. You'll also notice that you're starting remember those chords and progressions. That's why you have some musicians that say, "I don't know what I just played". Most of them don't look at their hands or really understand what they're doing.

So, again, just post what you have. I'll help you with it. You'll feel better that you did most of it yourself afterwards....You should at least.

Offline Chris

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 09:38:08 AM »
Well thanks for the advice B3wannabe, and I am a female, my name is christian! It is okay, but um what i have so far, well to tell you the truth, I just add to what i hear, i can't explain it, but I will post what I have later, but again thanks for your advice!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 09:55:46 AM »
No problem....

Somehow, I figured you were.....

Is there a particular part that really gives you a problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up