LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: As a youth directo???  (Read 1426 times)

Offline greenttby

• LGM Member

As a youth directo???
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »
I recently was appointed youth director/president for the youth at my church. I have been a member of this church maybe 2 years now.  Since I 've been there I have not seen strong youth minstry in this church. I inherited the job last year after the elected person resigned. My main focus and my main job duties have been concentrating on the choir it has grown and I have gotten them a Sunday to conduct the entire services. We even had our first annual youth day which was very successful, and the children went on a summer outing.

I am new at this and don't have examples to go on. The pastor appointed me this postion this year and I will (God's will) have a whole year to implement and try different things. During the few months I was youth director last year the pastor pretty much allowed me to run the whole thing. My plans are to train some young men and women in various duties in the church.

My question is.. what are some other things that the youth president/director is suppose to do. I have being praying for wisdom and guidance. Please share other things with me. Not only do I want the  choir to be successful, I would like to cover some many other things as well.Thanks for any advice given.

churchyreal

As a youth directo???
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 05:53:38 PM »
I don't know much about being a youth director, but I'll put my 2 cents in....

I suggest that if your church doesn't have youth bible study, you could start youth bible studies strictly for youth. Suggest to the pastor that they start jr. deacons and jr. trustees to train the young ones in certain jobs of the church.

Also, I would try to start a youth revival/conferece at which the youth can enjoy the same type of services that adults enjoy at the traditional revival service.

Well, that's my 2 cents.
Pages: [1]   Go Up