LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new 5 string  (Read 1045 times)

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

My new 5 string
« on: January 27, 2006, 08:18:34 PM »
A Yamaha bbn-5 nice comfortable easy to play. a neck that is shallow I think it's called from fret board to back of the neck is thin.

I like it new $300

put Dean Markley Blue steels on it 50 through 128

Offline Ezekial

• LGM Member
    • http://

My new 5 string
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 09:25:14 PM »
Thats cool man. My first Bass was a BBn5.  :o  I loved that thing it gave a couple of minor problems but overall it was great. I still have it and I use it ocassionally. But the good Lord has blessed me with a Ken Smith BSR 6EG now. Thank You Jesus.  :D

Offline bradleymoorer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bringing da bass in Jesus name!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/minbrad

My new 5 string
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 04:12:02 AM »
Quote from: Ezekial
Thats cool man. My first Bass was a BBn5.  :o  I loved that thing it gave a couple of minor problems but overall it was great. I still have it and I use it ocassionally. But the good Lord has blessed me with a Ken Smith BSR 6EG now. Thank You Jesus.  :D

oh stop bragging.... :lol:, I can't wait to get my ken smith, just saying the name gives me the shakes, peace!
Bradley AKA Bass Monkey

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

My new 5 string
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 06:24:35 AM »
I'm with Bradly on this one. God has blessed me with 3 basses the most expensive one being $400. I will be still and wait for that Ken Smith and Warwick thumb bass.

Ezekial- Now as for the problems, what were they. What I find is it is badly in need of a pre-amp even when using a pa system.

Offline mr_layback

• LGM Member

My new 5 string
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 10:04:01 AM »
Congratulations on the new axe! Are you playing that yamaha through your behringer setup? Hows your tone?  After reading your post I went out and purchased the behringer 4500H and the 2x10 cab. I'm still looking for that "perfect" 5 string.
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect!

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

My new 5 string
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 05:51:57 AM »
The 5 sounds great throught both of my amps. Ibanez sw35 (35 watt 1x10 combo) and a Behringer BX1200 (120 watt 1x12 combo). Tone a great on E A D G strings, tone are good on the B. I like the sound of the 5 string and it feels great. Best of all it was in my price range.

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

My new 5 string
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 05:59:43 AM »
Oh and thanks guys..............  it takes some time to get used to those deeper sounds, tones has improved since I've gotten it and I sure it's my eyes.

Offline Ezekial

• LGM Member
    • http://

My new 5 string
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 05:01:32 PM »
One of the problems was exactly that, it was in need of a preamp. The other problems were the input had to be change twice because it had a short in it, and the brigde needed to be changed because it was bending the neck along with the string tension.
Pages: [1]   Go Up