LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can U Please Help Nubian?  (Read 443 times)

Offline blacknubian

• LGM Member

Can U Please Help Nubian?
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:17:30 AM »
I have a jet black Bass which I've named Nubian. I think it was B.B King who said the first thing you should do when you get a new guitar is give it a name (or maybe it was Forrest Gump on the boat) but I can't remember.
Cute story for you. One of my buddies in the Navy (10 years served) got a jet black pit-lab dog which he named Nubian. That dog would bark at and bite anything except for me. She loved me and would play with me from when she was a puppy until she was an adult. Of course, he changed locations and couldn't take the dog with him and decided to give her to one of his other friends. I can't tell you what happened to her since but my first bass was jet black like that dog, thus I named my bass Nubian.
I am writing you because Nubian is lonely. I practiced with her last Saturday and our lead guitarist got her and made her sound incredible. He hit chords, riffs, and basslines like I haven't heard and believe it or not Nubian smiled (not the guitar).
Please help me to give Nubian a new groove. By the way, I'm about to purchase another jet black bass... Guess what the name is going to be? That's right Nubiana.

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

Can U Please Help Nubian?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:53:39 AM »
Naming your bass.

My frett-less Fender jazz is Deniece
Ibanez srx300 is Sasha
Yamaha bbn5 is Renee
Pages: [1]   Go Up