LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: played bass at church for the first time.  (Read 2186 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

played bass at church for the first time.
« on: January 31, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »
I played bass at church for the first time. :)

I had put the bass down for about 3 months (only been play for like 6 months :) )
Mysteryman came to our Praise Team practice and was hogging the keyboard, :) So I picked up the bass and played a little bit

Then on Sunday, I decided to play it for the first time... I 'likes' the bass again now. :)
:)

Offline djgroovin

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:34:58 AM »
Congrats...

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:26:49 AM »
Sweet! Now! Let's get some clips going again in here! You people have been sleeping ever since October!

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 03:29:30 PM »
was you nervous. I was neverous my first time then it went away shortly after then. then the nerves came back when I had my first solo. then went away again. then I got them back when playing Clint brown's It's time to Dance theres solo (no problem here) but when the drummer comes back in we play seperate times it was heard to here come play and my time was meant to be different. sheesh.

Offline HeartToServe

• LGM Member
    • http://

Re: played bass at church for the first time.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 05:05:43 PM »
Quote from: 4hisglory

I had put the bass down for about 3 months (only been play for like 6 months :) )
Mysteryman came to our Praise Team practice and was hogging the keyboard, :) So I picked up the bass and played a little bit

Then on Sunday, I decided to play it for the first time... I 'likes' the bass again now. :)

Git down boy - go 'head git down......

Offline mr_layback

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 05:53:05 PM »
(cracking the whip) No more layoffs!!  You're a bassist now!  8)
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect!

johngray

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 08:40:51 PM »
i am the same way i have  played flute and worked on piano  and started the bass 40days ago
bro gray
denver colorado

Offline insanesquirle

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 09:46:41 PM »
yeh idk how long its been since i started playing bass, i signed up for this sight the night or maybe a couple days after i got my first bass. ive been loving it since, i play in church, nothing fancy, just walks and waltz and small stuff like that, but im getting there... i figure by summers jubilee ill be able to make the thing talk :-P

Offline bradleymoorer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bringing da bass in Jesus name!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/minbrad

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 03:18:22 AM »
Quote from: insanesquirle
yeh idk how long its been since i started playing bass, i signed up for this sight the night or maybe a couple days after i got my first bass. ive been loving it since, i play in church, nothing fancy, just walks and waltz and small stuff like that, but im getting there... i figure by summers jubilee ill be able to make the thing talk :-P

man where you been at?

I agree with layback, don't you but that bass down now!
Bradley AKA Bass Monkey

Offline MrEdabass

• LGM Member
    • My youtube

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 03:42:28 AM »
Ina world like dis, where loads of people can't play instruments and spend their time plucking money from people's pockets, slappin each other for no reason & amplifyin somada worse sound since the beginin of time, whe need mo people 2 be pluckin strings from bass guitars (not breakin em of course)

Basically, forget everything I said an don put down the bass man.
Jesus

And you'll never find one greater

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 05:29:37 AM »
Quote from: bradleymoorer
Quote from: insanesquirle

man where you been at?

THis is the question, where have you been insanesuirle?

Offline ladybass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My Bass Grooves

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 05:59:52 AM »

very good brotha, i'm sooo proud of U ... so those lessons @ musicdojo paid off, right?   :)   r u ready to get the entire Groovin' from heaven series like MikeGee?

Once you get a bite of playing in service, unto the Lord, or with other musicians, you won't/shouldn't wanna go back to putting that axe down.   :D

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »
something has happened to me in the last 6 months, I've learned more in my last 6 months compared to the 2 years before that. Good is GREAT!!

Offline insanesquirle

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 04:41:24 PM »
Hey everyone, its nice to see that people miss me...

the reason i havnt been here lately is because ive learned basicaly all that i need that you guys can show me. i play just regular gospel, with stepups, and like the waltz and stuff like that, u guys play pop bass and stuff like that... lol i learned some of the basics here, i learned the rest from a guy at church, and anythingelse that ive needed to learn ive done on my own... lol thanks for everyones help... i wont be on much, but i will be on later :-)

Offline Pajarita

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »
I know u must feel all warm and gooey inside.  Keep it up!   :wink:  

I'll get this bass thing down one day...

Offline blacknubian

• LGM Member

Biggest Fear
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 11:40:47 PM »
Big praises go out to you and your family my B.I.C (Brother In Christ). I have been practicing with our church band for 3 weeks and they are ready for me to hit the stage, but, I am extremely nervous. I don't know any walking basslines, any chord changes or slap and pop styles which gives gospel music that flair. I can hit the notes if the Minister of Music shouts them out but, I don't feel it naturally which hinders my decision to hit the stage. Although, I give excuses for not bringing my bass to church, I want to play; however, I am terrified of making a great band sound mediocre. Just as fate would have it, this past Sunday the M.O.M played dirty and told my wife that I am ready and he expects my bass to be in my possession on this upcoming Sunday but of course, I'm still nervous. What was your biggest fear before you played and how did you overcome it?

Offline XtromatriX

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 01:04:22 AM »

Congrats on your first time playing bass at Churct. I've been playing at my Church for almost a year now and I still get nervous but I love playing bass at my Church.

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

Re: Biggest Fear
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 05:48:12 AM »
Quote from: blacknubian
Big praises go out to you and your family my B.I.C (Brother In Christ). I have been practicing with our church band for 3 weeks and they are ready for me to hit the stage, but, I am extremely nervous. I don't know any walking basslines, any chord changes or slap and pop styles which gives gospel music that flair. I can hit the notes if the Minister of Music shouts them out but, I don't feel it naturally which hinders my decision to hit the stage. Although, I give excuses for not bringing my bass to church, I want to play; however, I am terrified of making a great band sound mediocre. Just as fate would have it, this past Sunday the M.O.M played dirty and told my wife that I am ready and he expects my bass to be in my possession on this upcoming Sunday but of course, I'm still nervous. What was your biggest fear before you played and how did you overcome it?

My biggest fear was to make a lot of mistakes, and I have. Nothing came of it. I have church member shaking my hand every sunday telling how great I am. (Confidence booster) I needed that. Now I feel like I am doing well. In church people shouldn't give you NEGITIVE feedback. this was something I feared as well but never got it so what is there for me to worry about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up