LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melody/Harmony  (Read 16667 times)

Offline joyjoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Melody/Harmony
« on: March 01, 2004, 03:39:23 PM »
What's the diff? When I chord a song, does it matter if I am doin' the melody? How do I know the diff? I wasn't sure if this info had been posted previously. I was trying to see if I missed this theory lesson. Help a sista out.
Thanks,
JOYJOY

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

well
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 11:27:48 PM »
im not sure what exactly you're asking about, but some people play exactly what people say, when they play.............this is cool, but not for all songs! now if someone is singing the melody, you can play the other inversion of the chord which will give the melody being sung a type of bed! and i call it balance!!!!!!!!! now this is what i do!!!!!!!!!! hope this helps! and the way you can tell difference is in the highest note being played! when you play melody, it will stand out, but when you play an accompanyment chord, it will harmonize! betta! try it! just invert the chord your useing to follow the melody, it's just an idea that will give you a little more dynamics to your playing!!!!!!!!!! gieres!!!!!!!!!!!!
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!

Offline joyjoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Melody/Harmony
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 12:37:07 PM »
Thank you for your help, I just realized that harmony would be more like a "Fred Hammond song"  and melody would be just like a person sings. I see that in a lot of the posts (songs) that are put on the gospel sites. Again thanks for the enlightments.

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

ty
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 03:21:43 PM »
yw......gieres
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up