LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: **A lil clip of me playin**  (Read 1341 times)

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin
    • http://www.myspace.com/davidjdavis

**A lil clip of me playin**
« on: February 04, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »
Here is a lil clip of me playin, i was a lil nervous (i always gt nervous wen i hav ppl jus standin der wachin me) but tell me what you think

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ER05BQ522WUK2QMAH1QICTAHS

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 03:30:41 PM »
That was nice man but sloppy man. I see you have chops for your age. It is going to be 10 times better when you clean it up. Your timing was on point though. Keep practicing and everything will come to par with. Keep up the good work.
Artistik Muzik

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 03:42:41 PM »
thanks 4 da compliment, it was sloppy coz as i sed i was nervous...weneva ppl r in ma rum wachin me i feel nervous, but i will clean it up

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 03:44:31 PM »
Quote from: djdavis
thanks 4 da compliment, it was sloppy coz as i sed i was nervous...weneva ppl r in ma rum wachin me i feel nervous, but i will clean it up

I know what you mean about when you get nervous because I do sometimes and I end up being sloppy or getting scared to do certain fills becuase I am scared i am going to mess up. You have talent though.
Artistik Muzik

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 03:50:02 PM »
thanks, its like that when i play i church, i dnt play regularly, i will soon, but i wud normally play the odd service like when we do communion or something when there is no drummer.

its hard coz ppl wach u and luk for the mistakes and hickups, when you drop your sticks and when you get out of time, so i jus hold back in church

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 05:40:11 PM »
Man You Was Hott...We Young Folks Gotta Stick 2gether!!!!!!!

But Keep On Clowning.....I dont think it was sloppy but you couldve been bettah Im Sure Of That....I See You Got Madd Skillz
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 06:57:54 PM »
Man you sound good.  Keep practicing and don't get nervous or intimidated.

Offline beantownborn

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 08:52:59 PM »
Speed is definitely there. You got some nice chops.  Keep working on them to get it nice and clean. I like your foot.

Offline L-TownDrummer14

• LGM Member
  • My Kit...

Re: **A lil clip of me playin**
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 10:50:16 PM »
Quote from: djdavis
Here is a lil clip of me playin, i was a lil nervous (i always gt nervous wen i hav ppl jus standin der wachin me) but tell me what you think

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ER05BQ522WUK2QMAH1QICTAHS

That was very good. You have some good chops. As a young drummer, I understand about the whole "Getting nervous around a crowd" thing, but as you keep playing in public, you'll overcome that feeling. Don't be scared to do your best because someone that can get you some publicity might be watching you. I learned that the hard way. Keep playin' man.

Play for GOD, not man.
Practice a lot, for what soever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
[/b]
&()!)'$   !\/!u$!(!@!\!  ()!\!!_%

God's Musician Only

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 12:40:07 AM »
Don't play what you don't know and know what you play. the nervousness goes away with confidence.  You need to "practice like you play." practice lie someone is watching you... video yourself, critique yourself.  you have got to learn to be your own worse critique and grown from it.

If you are always truthful about where you are in your playing no one should make you nervous. If you feel like you could push yourself harder do it.. no on e should have to tell you that. If you are not as clean as you want to be study yourself, find where your mistakes start and fix them.

All the time youare playing you should be running constant diagnostics on your technique... knowing how every movement feels physically and how it feels sonically. When you know these things you know how to correct them on the fly. You then are able to play what you know.

1- Practice your licks slowly to a metronome and sing/say the lick out loud while you are playing. Count it out loud in time wit hmetronome while you are playing it. This will properly introduce youself to what you are playing. It will improve your foundation and give you confidence by teaching you what are doing and hopefully what you should be doing.

2- Always have something to say musically when you play. You were musically stuttering and your thoughts were jumping around trying to think of what to do next. Playing music is like a conversation. Speak through your playing in a concise thought/statement.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 03:42:03 AM »
thanks for all the compliments and all the advice and i will take that on board, oh yeah, that day, we went to londondrumcompany and i got my 1st boom cymbal stand, i was so happy because i used to have a snare stand upside down, wit a boom arm and clamp attached to the tube and that would always get knocked over, but now its all gd :D

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
well heres my 2 cents!! lol I like your rolls and they were nice. I would suggest working on the timing. Timing is realllllyyyy important. Fancy fills and complicated rolls mean nothing if you cant come in when your supposed to. Other than that. It was good.

Offline AmiGo

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 10:57:09 PM »
A man that was good. But, try not to get nervous. If you let God use you then you'll be surprised at the things you can do through Him. Just keep practicing on what your doing and trust it will come I'll send my version of " You make Wanna".
Pages: [1]   Go Up