LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring a gift  (Read 2138 times)

Offline bigboi_08

• LGM Member

Restoring a gift
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:50:17 PM »
Hello everyone. I would like to now is there anyway to restore my singing voice back. You see when I was a little kid around 4-11 years old I could and would sing my butt off. It would be me and my older sister both singing together and back then you couldnt tell me nothing cause I could hit notes and give my sister a run for her money.....  :)  and if Mariah Carey would've heard me then I probably would have gave her a run for hers too.. :) ... But you see I was really shy and wouldn't dare sing infront of a audience and my sister would always tell me "if you dont go and use your gift and let people know wat u can do God gon' take it away". So then around 12years old I began entering those awkward teenage stages. So of course my voice began changing (squeaking and getting deeper) and I use to hate talking so I stop singing and stuff. So then in my 10th grade year I began noticing how talented my school  mates were (and also by this time my talking voice was deep). Because everytime I would turn around I would always hear people singing and they could SANG! I MEAN RUNS, RIFFS, AND ALL. So then i began to ask myself wat if this is a sign or something letting me know that I need to start back singing plus I was curious to see I how sounded seeing as it had been about 4 years since I had let out a decent note. So when I found time to myself I would try singing and to me I sounded terrible, I was cracking notes, I couldnt sing high, I mean I was devastated. And I thought to myself you know going through those adolescence stages REALLY messed my voice up... And then I also started wondering.. wat if my sister was right. Because I didnt  use my gift right all those years what if God really did take it away.. and I would literally shed tears thinking about it... ........

So now im going through the process of getting my voice right and im training myself but my voice still isn't where I think it should be.... So if anybody got any suggestions or comments about how to get my voice back or if you've been through the same thing feel free to tell me how I should go about this... I am all ears...

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Restoring a gift
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:07:08 PM »
Just sing to GOD. I don't think there is any other real answer.

The Bible says that the gifts and calling of GOD are without repentance. Just sing for HIM, and let GOD restore everything.

Be Blessed  :D
Joshua 1: 7, 8

churchyreal

Restoring a gift
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 07:06:48 AM »
And when you sing, make a commitment to him that from that day on you will sing the praises of God not worrying about people or anything like that. If you do that I believe God will restore your voice. But first, be committed.

Offline MizzBlackSheep

• LGM Member

THE ANSWER
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 03:31:55 PM »
HEY,
FIRST OF ALL, THE GIFTS AND THE CALLING OF GOD ARE IRREVOCABLE. WHAT GOD GIVES AS A GIFT, HE DOESN'T TAKE AWAY JUST BECAUSE YOU DID NOT USE IT. YOU WILL ANSWER TO WHAT YOU DID WITH YOUR GIFT WHEN YOU SEE HIM FACE TO FACE. HE WANTS YOU TO USE YOUR GIFT AND BRING IT BACK TO HIM WITH INTEREST, MEANING THAT YOUR RETURN IS MORE THAN YOUR INITIAL DEPOSIT.

I WANT TO TALK TO YOU ONE ON ONE, BECAUSE I AM IMPRESSED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING FURTHER, BUT I DON'T WANT EVERYONE IN YOUR BUSINESS. YOUR VOICE IS STILL THERE, BUT THERE ARE THINGS THAT YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THAT ARE EFFECTING IT

MY EMAIL IS MIZZBLACKSHEEP@YAHOO.COM

GOD BLESS.

churchyreal

Restoring a gift
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
TO "MizzBlackSheep:"

Amen!!! Everybody don't need to know.

Offline bigboi_08

• LGM Member

Restoring a gift
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 12:51:43 PM »
thanx for the comments on that,.. now that I'm starting back singing do anyone have any tips on how to improve my voice because i have range but when I get to it it  sounds raspy, hoarse, and also like it's in the back of my throat and wont come out.... also i need help on runs like the kind Karen clark sheard .. so if you guys have any advice on that i would very much appriciate it....

Offline gospel_uk

• LGM Member

Restoring a gift
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 02:21:52 PM »
Hey

If you got a keyboard at home, play some notes and sing along to them. Start from the lowest you can humm or sing, then go to you highest, and i mean your highest.

With time, your range will increase and you will be able to sing higher notes, and vice versa. If you don't have a keyboard no problem, just go through some notes lowest to highest, and highest to lowest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up