LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing with your thumb.  (Read 1124 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Playing with your thumb.
« on: February 06, 2006, 08:09:30 AM »
Anyone play with your thumb??
:)

Offline djgroovin

• LGM Member

Playing with your thumb.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:16:38 AM »
I've just started doodling with the thumb muted tequnique.  I love that sound.  Almost sounds like an upright.

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

Playing with your thumb.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 03:40:14 PM »
When I started playing I only used my thumb, then I switched to pointer/middle finger. Now I'll use my thumb on a softer/slower song were the song is very lyric oriented.

tondee

Playing with your thumb.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 06:20:55 AM »
I play with my thumb, up-down, like a guitar pick.  I guess that's called double-thumb.  I can do it fairly well.  I would THUMP with an impact, today they call it slap (I'm from the 70s).  Or thumb it thru gently.  To play with more volume but don't have time to reach for the knob, I use the two fingers.  I actually finger louder than I thump.

Tony

cleveakabig

Playing with your thumb.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 06:32:18 AM »
Quote from: tondee
I play with my thumb, up-down, like a guitar pick.  I guess that's called double-thumb.  I can do it fairly well.  I would THUMP with an impact, today they call it slap (I'm from the 70s).  Or thumb it thru gently.  To play with more volume but don't have time to reach for the knob, I use the two fingers.  I actually finger louder than I thump.

Tony

I play with my thumb,I'm also from the 60's to 70's that retired from bass in the 70's.
I'm playing again, soutern gospel style.

Offline Jmack

• LGM Member

Playing with your thumb.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 10:06:07 AM »
i mostly play with my thumb.  i'm trying to get comfortable playing with two fingers but it tends to be more difficult to keep up with the beat on faster songs.  i think i need to build up finger strength.
"Make a joyful noise unto the world"

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

Playing with your thumb.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 03:30:55 PM »
Quote from: tondee

Tony

I like to do the up and down stroke with my pointer finger.

works very well for triples and for great speed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up