LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE KING OF THE GROOVE???  (Read 2123 times)

Offline InThePocket22

• LGM Member

WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE KING OF THE GROOVE???
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 12:15:21 AM »
very well said... Dennis Chambers is the KING of the groove. hands down man, this guy gets so locked in to a groove its insane..you people aren't paying attention to him well enough i think.. i guess its because he is also a beast in other aspects of drumming. This guy man..my ulitmate favorite. My favs are Dennis, Vinnie is another BEAST.. wow.. Gadd, Virgil, cobham.. tell you wut... dave weckyl is nasty, yes he is.. but in his own style of music which i think is soft.. why? because people like dennis and vinnie do the same and more with much more power and punch. no one can hold those 2 in my opinion.. i love gospel drummers, i do,.. i love derico watson, ppl dont talk enough about him, i saw him live with bass extremes.. brought the house down, i saw dennis live brought it DOWN with the mike stern band, i saw dave live... eghhhh.... even someone in the crowd was like...yo dave you tired?? he didnt even answer the piano player had to say somthing to back him up.. said ugh..'' tired from touring alot'' oh my fault.. meanwhile dennis is in europe touring playing everydaayyyy with santana, every famous drummer has a crazy shedule and they bring it every night which is why they are famous to begin with.. i dunno... just my opinion.. im not a big fan of dave, dont get me wrong he is a monster in his own aspect, u can learn ALOT from him. but.. just aint cutting it for me.. when i listen to him he doesnt put that punch in me, you know when u hear somthing sooo nastyy it hurts?? u almost tear? dennis and vinnie.The SICKEST.  and for overall groove master?? besides Jesus who is the KING of KINGS and the BEST at everything... here on earth.. Dennis Chambers...whos nickname happens to be the groove master... drummercat777 i cant believe u said u never heard him play a striaght groove.. lol its cool u just probably havent seen the right stuff.. because he is so versatile..  from music like Niacin, to mike stern, P-FUNK!! john scofield!!!! JOHN SCOFIELD BAND PEOPLE!! you guys never heard BLUE MATTER?? IN THE POCKET DVD???? SERIOUS MOVES DVD???  wooooooooooo siiiicccckkkkkkk grooovvvveesssssssssss

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 09:58:14 AM »
that is true. i mean, he is not my favorite as far as groove because it feels like he dances too much around the groove. just my opinion though.
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline ohsogood

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 10:08:15 AM »
I tell u who has developed one of the best grooves in gospel is Calvin Rodgers. thats why he is in such high demand. very few drummers in gospel can lock a groove down like he can, he's just so crisp and clean.

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 09:32:33 AM »
another really nice groove player is poogie bell.......nasty
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up