LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st step  (Read 1820 times)

Offline BIGHENRY

• LGM Member

1st step
« on: February 08, 2006, 12:23:02 PM »
We have a family group that are getting ready to try and do a demo ........What are  some things we need to do or look forward to in order to makes a good success?? :D

Anyone please?

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

1st step
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 04:30:32 PM »
why are you doing it?

Offline BIGHENRY

• LGM Member

1st step
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 06:08:25 AM »
B/c we love GOD and that's one of ministries as a family to reach people though songs of praise and worship.Not for no fame or show.But to be a blessing to God's Kingdom.

Offline ltricks

• LGM Member
    • http://

1st step
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 09:56:21 AM »
Well, I know I'm new to the board but I am not new to the production scene. Just remember every producer is different, a session varies each time but there are some generalities of a good session, and here is a list:

- Prepare to do things over and over
- Prepare to do things over and over
- Prepare to do things over and over  :wink:
- Pray for patience because every one will need it
- Prepare for people being irritable  :?
- You may find the right mic right away...you might not
- If you have a 5 min song, be prepared to make it 3:30 maybe 4
- Listen to the person on the "Board" (the producer)
- If you have an idea don't hold it in
- Get plenty of rest and eat good meal before going
- MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MASTER COPY !!! (Before/After the mastering process)
- Oh yeah make sure you get it mastered by a sound engineer
- Make sure the sound is to your liking in the headphones
- Keep your voice fresh, rehearsal is cool before the session, but don't over do it
- Be certain of the songs you want to record

All in all it's what you make it. Go in upbeat and ready to work, and expect some of the negative things I mentioned, they come and go quickly. So don't fret about those things. So may God bless you.

Offline Annon

• LGM Member

1st step
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 12:08:57 AM »
New to the board but been producing six years now.  

First I would say that you need to write down a vision.  Think about what you want your music to say.  I know you will be bringing the good message of our Lord and Savior Jesus, but what type of mood will you songs reflect.  In what way do you want your music to inspire the ones that hear it?  Get into the minor details of the project.  Plan it out to the T.

Develope your budget.  What you are able to do may depend on it.  If you have all of the equipment at your disposal then have a field day and you can kinda work off trial and error.  But if you don't and have to out source studio time, then you want to be precise about what you are doing when you walk up in the studio.  It will save time and money.  

Another way to save money is to network.  Find those around you that share a like vison and try to work together for a common purpose.  The words says that the world will know us by the love that we show each other.  So give a little love and receive a little love.  

Finally, stay focused.  Write your vision, make it plain, and don't loose sight of it.  Proper planning and some "stick-to-it-ness" can go a long way.

Hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up