LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2000 times)

Offline youngenuff

• LGM Member

Is it just me?
« on: July 01, 2003, 05:40:21 PM »
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing burn-out?  I just feel spiritually sluggish.  I mean a lot of times I feel like I'm going through the motion.  What do you guys do when you feel like this?

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

For me....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 06:44:50 AM »
For me, I've just finished my period of time in which I felt I was burnt out.   One thing that I have learned is that you can't do everything.  Today's church have programs almost every night of the week.  If you try to attend everything,  you can erasily get burnt out.

My suggestion to you is to slow it down a bit. ::D
:)

itsallpeach

Is it just me?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 08:40:56 AM »
YES!  I feel ya'.  I'm to the point where I go to church, read the announcements on my Sunday to read them, and go home most times before the service is over . . . or to visit another church with some fire!  The weekend of our re-union, I had to stand in and direct the male chorus and it brought back some memories, but it didn't make me want to go back.  I know this "slump" is going to be over soon because in the process of this slump, I have also fallen in love with someone who has been a close friend for YEARS, and all of a sudden feelings changed!!  So, now I have a new "kick" about me that seems to grow from day to day!!!!!

You're entitled to be burned out every now and then, just don't QUIT!  You'll be fine.  It's completely natural.

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

Is it just me?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 09:33:04 AM »
I feel the same way but I know I have to keep going. Every year around this time there is a lot going on at my church. For the next past 3 Sundays in this month we have something going on. I don't know when I am going to have time to rehearse with my choir. The choir members have a problem with making to rehearsal on weekdays, so we have it after church on Sundays. That is alright to have on Sundays, BUT what about when we have something going on that afternoon? :roll:

The key is not to think about it. Just take one day at a time. :wink:
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline youngenuff

• LGM Member

Is it just me?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 12:26:53 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  I'm feeling a little better now.  I think I just really need some time off.  I heard someone say that for every year of ministry, you need a month off.  I'm really beginning to believe that is true, you know, some time to regenerate.  However, I'm not in a place yet that I can afford to take that kind of time off.  But God is still good.  I believe that when it's time, He certainly will provide.
Pages: [1]   Go Up