LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YOUR opinions on the SHED DVD...  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

YOUR opinions on the SHED DVD...
« on: February 17, 2006, 08:03:07 PM »
I say don't give them. Let's just find out on our own if we like it or not. I would kill the man who ruins it for me!  ;D

I'm kidding but be careful, even one of those little smiley faces would give it away.

Eccentric-Rhythm

Re: YOUR opinions on the SHED DVD...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 08:37:17 PM »
I agree, and when the time arises, a Topic can be made with the Title: SHED SESSIONZ DVD OPINIONS...or something of the sort, so we will know what it is and that way it wont ruin anything!

God Bless.
ETERNAL LIFE IS LIVING FOR OTHERS[/color]

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:06:54 PM »
Okay, I'll ruin it for you all. I just opened it and watched it. I'll give my honest opinion.

The first 10 - 30 minutes is just flat out sloppy. Its a pride thing. I won't say more.

AFTER THAT IT'S FIRE. IT'S JUST SLOW START LEADING TO THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SCREAM AT YOUR TV. I WAS LITERALLY JUMPING UP AND DOWN SCREAMING. BUY THIS DVD NO JOKE, HONEST TO OUR FATHER GOD.

DANNNNNNG, eric moore was KILLIN at this one part. WHOA. Who said he didn't have pocket? He was nailing the accents like no other!!!

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 10:50:35 PM »
I am ordering my copy this weekend!!!  ;D Stay Blessed, Nate J.

Offline hihat

• LGM Member
  • My Gretsch Catalina Birch

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 12:55:09 PM »
The DVD is nice erybody did there thing but I have to say that the boy Eric Moore killed it for me.  And everything that Audiocr381ve said about the jumping up and down and screaming ain't nothing but the truth.  Oh, and I got to give props to Jeremy Hanes for showing his experience and musicianship cause the shed wouldn't have been right without him there to put some type of structure in there.

Offline bigjon

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 05:01:06 PM »
  Oh, and I got to give props to Jeremy Hanes for showing his experience and musicianship cause the shed wouldn't have been right without him there to put some type of structure in there.

I totally agree

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 07:09:33 PM »
I don't know about ya'll but, a shed has way more impact for me when its accomanied by some MUSIC! That's the only part of the DVD I enjoyed. The rest was NOISE.

Offline ydontae15

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 07:29:47 PM »
The DVD is nice erybody did there thing but I have to say that the boy Eric Moore killed it for me.  And everything that Audiocr381ve said about the jumping up and down and screaming ain't nothing but the truth.  Oh, and I got to give props to Jeremy Hanes for showing his experience and musicianship cause the shed wouldn't have been right without him there to put some type of structure in there.

that aint nothin but the truth..Eric Moore is a straight animal man...but i agree with what the other guy said the first couple sessions were just plain horrible in my opinion

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 08:19:13 PM »
what is the order of the dvd? i mean does it start with just drummers by themselves then with music or what because you guys say the first sessions are horrible.....

so does it just have the camera rolling when the guys come in the basement on different days or something???

Offline hihat

• LGM Member
  • My Gretsch Catalina Birch

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 09:00:04 PM »
The first 2 session were just drums the first is the two younger guys and the second the older guys (I don't remember who) appear. Then Marcus Phillips (Bass) and David Jackson (Keys) joined in.  Sometimes there were three guys shedding and sometimes there were four.  That's all I'll give away until you've seen it.

Offline dway

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 09:10:10 PM »
My opinion is I would have enjoyed it more if everybody just were by there self beacuse it was just sloppy not saying ortaking from there ability because they all are wonderful drummers but it was to much to much going on but it was ok to me I watched it twice allready. Please dont taake what I am saying the wrong way please I not dissing anyone I am in no position to do such a thing this is only my opinion

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 09:15:11 PM »
My opinion is I would have enjoyed it more if everybody just were by there self beacuse it was just sloppy not saying ortaking from there ability because they all are wonderful drummers but it was to much to much going on but it was ok to me I watched it twice allready. Please dont taake what I am saying the wrong way please I not dissing anyone I am in no position to do such a thing this is only my opinion

I feel you...But People Like Me....I wouldnt care if everyone think its horrible ima still cop dat dvd and watch the mess out of it....cuz all of them are tight by there selves and all of them at once sheddin 2gether...THERES NOTHIN BETTER!!
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 04:04:33 AM »
Okay lets be honest. The only part of the DVD that was enjoyable was the riff they were soloing to right before the "shout" broke out. THats it. About 10 minutes of fire. The rest was just to messy to enjoy. I hated the way the miced Jeremy Haynes drums. The engineer could have done better than that. Eric Moores drums were miced beautifully.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 04:32:51 PM »
Okay lets be honest. The only part of the DVD that was enjoyable was the riff they were soloing to right before the "shout" broke out. THats it. About 10 minutes of fire. The rest was just to messy to enjoy. I hated the way the miced Jeremy Haynes drums. The engineer could have done better than that. Eric Moores drums were miced beautifully.

the way you make it sound i might need to get Chris Colemans DVD First instead of the reverse.

Offline Chubb1012

• LGM Member
  • BOOMER! SOONER!

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 05:48:53 AM »
I don't have anything bad to say. The DVD was hot. It's what I expected of a shed session. Tawann(sp?) and Yahann did there thing. You could tell Tawann had more confidence. It seemed like Yahann was holding back at times. But besides all of that, the shed was crazy. Ready for Vol. 2. Later.
BOOMER! SOONER!

MaestroDivine

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 10:17:13 AM »
A bunch of noise, with a few bright moments.

Flat-Fifth will make improvements next go 'round, I'm sure.

Drum-Docta

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 08:16:06 PM »
This dvd is one of the dopest I own. I agree with MaestroDivine it was a bit noisey in some areas but for the most part it was brillant. I am really feel that I am going to learn alot from this dvd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up