LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: A few more clips  (Read 6378 times)

Offline dway

• LGM Member

Re: A few more clips
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2006, 02:05:42 PM »
I wasnt lying dude thats what I got out of all your post because if youare not better than me than this i would have never responded to this I wasnt lying on you.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2006, 02:34:35 PM »
I wasnt lying dude thats what I got out of all your post because if youare not better than me than this i would have never responded to this I wasnt lying on you.

I said someone else was lying not you man. If you took out of any of my post that I was trying to say that Im better than you then im so very, very sorry. I nevered tried to make it seem to anyone I was better. If people would have stop looking at things negativelly and said "Oh he just wasn't feelin it" then dway none of this would have never started. Every part of this world is at different stages, and every part of the usa is. Detroit is different from California, California is different from Philly, Philly is different from texas, Texas is different from Chicago, and Chicago is different from Florida. I was just simply saying down here in Florida that style of has been on-going and now a days It's average down here thats all I was saying! There was never any hard feelings dude untill everyone started hounding cause of that, and If they would have let it be It wouldn't have gotten this far. Be Blessed god loves you!!!!!!!!!! :)

blaquegenius

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2006, 02:42:18 PM »
You're kidding me right??? You're not serious???? 3 pages of what??? The beauty of being a musician is what??? CREATIVITY!!!!! GOD put creativity in all of us....USE IT, USE IT, USE IT. Everyone is going to hear things differently, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Come on LEVITES!!!! let's not go down this road or nonsense. Let's maintain the standard Christ has set for us.

Let's dead this conversation.....

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2006, 03:06:33 PM »
You're kidding me right??? You're not serious???? 3 pages of what??? The beauty of being a musician is what??? CREATIVITY!!!!! GOD put creativity in all of us....USE IT, USE IT, USE IT. Everyone is going to hear things differently, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Come on LEVITES!!!! let's not go down this road or nonsense. Let's maintain the standard Christ has set for us.

Amen Bruh! I think its Revival time Lol :) :) :) :)

blaquegenius

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2006, 03:27:20 PM »

Amen Bruh! I think its Revival time Lol :) :) :) :)

Revival is needed...especially the mess I saw this weekend....whoooaaa lawwwwdddd

Offline phanupe

• LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2006, 04:07:34 PM »
DWAY

God bless you man!!! You have great chops man. If possible, please reup the last link.

Offline hendoo

• LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2006, 04:23:17 PM »
NICE CLIPS, KEEP GLORIFYING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member
  • "Yo Grandad! Buy me some Vic Firths!"

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2006, 05:16:15 PM »
Yeah, I like your style dway. You are like me in the fact that you like for people to give you a tip here or a tip there. I believe that is one of the reasons you put your stuff here. That is how drummers become better. Because there are some things that I saw you do that I can incorporate in my playing, and I'm sure you could find the same thing in my playing. And that is what it is all about. Insulting each other and calling each other "average" is not benefiting us in any way.....................
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2006, 05:44:05 PM »
Whoooooaaaa Nelly!!! Simma down now, simma down! Being away from the forum an entire weekend sure is evident of how much you can miss. Yo, what's up Dway. I just viewed your clips and I would like to say that you really do have a nice feel and your timing is on point. I understand that this is a practice clip of you and you seem to be very receptive of constructive critiqueing so I'll offer a little. I watched all the clips you've posted so far and they're all great. The only thing that I can say is that I would have loved to see you committed to the groove in each song a lil' bit more. Now, if your were practicing/working on your chops then disregard my critique because I understand. Not saying this true for you, but I find myself throwing fills in songs a little too much. If it's one thing that I've discovered about drumming is that it's much easier to play a fill than it is to hold a groove. Holding a groove, especially for a lot of us gospel drummers, takes a lot of discipline. I, personally, want to get to the point where I don't have to concentrate to hold a groove, but it flows out of me naturally. Again, this is not to offend you or anyone else on here. As a matter of fact, next time you record yourself practicing could you record yourself playing and holding a groove. I would love to see your approach to grooving. Keep up the good work man and continue to perfect your gift. It can only get better from here on.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline Ibilddrums

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2006, 05:47:43 PM »
Now that's how you post an honest and constructive comment! Thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion.

Offline BIGBILL

• LGM Member
  • make a joyful noise unto the LORD

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2006, 06:22:34 PM »
Yo! Way you know who you are in Christ, and You know the gift he has given you, so don't let anyone or anything get you down. You are drumming for the lord and you are anointed and you have skill, and im not just saying this because we grew up together.  Man when i moved down to St.louis and got away from Detroit, i thought ill never get better at playing but the lord has blessed me to see and play for people i dreamed of playing with and hes still blessing me and i know he is going to open more doors for you to, but every time i come back to the D, you always inpress me man and i know a good drummer when i hear one i love when we shed at the church but it always seems like its never enough time because i have to come back home, but u sound good bra ;D skip the nonsence bee! 8)

Keep slappin those skin Dirty! ;D

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2006, 07:22:18 PM »
 ;D man yall be actin like feez man lol na but dway you is nice you got quick hands your WAY better then me but i would say the same thing as suga bear i wanna hear you groove cuz he is right it is really hard to play a song and stay in the groove not that u werent i just wanna hear the pocket cuz thats currently what i struggle with im not a choppy drummer cuz i dont have that many tricks so im trying to learn different approachs to the groove and to

da drumma i see where ur coming from and im not tryna spark nothin but what u said i think was kindaa rude i know if u said it in person it prolly wouldnt of sounded so rude lol u suffer from bbd desease you are BLUNT lol its coo in person but on here people will take it the wrong way god bless ;)
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2006, 10:50:08 PM »
;D man yall be actin like feez man lol na but dway you is nice you got quick hands your WAY better then me but i would say the same thing as suga bear i wanna hear you groove cuz he is right it is really hard to play a song and stay in the groove not that u werent i just wanna hear the pocket cuz thats currently what i struggle with im not a choppy drummer cuz i dont have that many tricks so im trying to learn different approachs to the groove and to

da drumma i see where ur coming from and im not tryna spark nothin but what u said i think was kindaa rude i know if u said it in person it prolly wouldnt of sounded so rude lol u suffer from bbd desease you are BLUNT lol its coo in person but on here people will take it the wrong way god bless ;)

I feel you you man, and I can only try to express myself better. I just wish they would have gotten a true understanding of me or like Eccentric-  Rhythm did and ask simply as to what I am refering to instead of jumping to conclusion. Man Im on here just tryin to enhance my gift and spread love and try to share any wisdom that I have to god's people. It has never been in my Intention to be rude. Thats not me Im the most easiest guy to get along with and I have a soft heart for people, And Dway If my expression to you ever seemed rude I am very sorry and trust me I never meant it to be rude bruh. !!!!!! Much Love man,and Keep Doing what you do, and remember no matter what anyone thinks even me, god see's you bruh!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline dway

• LGM Member

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2006, 02:43:26 AM »
Much respect dude thats why I love being saved. Stuff like this man makes it all worth it man I got mad respect for you dude.

Offline The Dojz

• LGM Member
  • Layin down tracks for the Lord 24/7
    • www.Facebook.com/thedojz

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2006, 04:14:38 AM »
Man yall, I just got in from work, read all these posts and All I can say is "praise the Lord."  Even though us christian bretheren might have our debates and arguments, God brings us all back on one accord anyway.  Thus, continue to be blessed yall.
Thank you and may God bless you,
   The Dojz

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006, 08:20:19 AM »
Much respect dude thats why I love being saved. Stuff like this man makes it all worth it man I got mad respect for you dude.

Thanks man!!!! and that is really what being saved is all about!! Doing things the right way!! Dude I have mad respect for you to also man. I love people that in spite of can still come along and have brotherly love. Thanks man for being humble!!!!!

Offline corbro007

• LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2006, 10:35:57 AM »
Well I guess that is what happens when you have self righteous christians on here that want to comment on something that need not be commented on....Da Drumma you just made a mountain out of a anthill and it was soooo unneccessary.  All of Dway's clips had a solid pocket with elements of groove and fills it was a all in one.  People get mad when some do fills and tricks all through out a song.  Why don't people get mad when some do pocket throughout a song.  Dway never came across as posting a clip and saying "haha I'm the Best ever and no one can defeat me"  You would think Dway slapped Da Drumma along side the face with a white glove challeging him to a duel, or something.  Hey guess what, I've done many gigs with chaka kahn and and thought kirk franklin everything he knows and that gives me the credentials and status to knock anyone down I feel like, just because I did a couple gigs with Chaka is the key....that is Wack!!!  Dway was looking for advice to help his playing if you saw anything wrong comment, but da drumma never said anything to help....I thought you were the supreme being, maybe you should let your wife comment and give the man some advice.  Dway Da drumma is no help to you, you need to get at his wife!!

blaquegenius

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 10:57:36 AM »
Well I guess that is what happens when you have self righteous christians on here that want to comment on something that need not be commented on....Da Drumma you just made a mountain out of a anthill and it was soooo unneccessary.  All of Dway's clips had a solid pocket with elements of groove and fills it was a all in one.  People get mad when some do fills and tricks all through out a song.  Why don't people get mad when some do pocket throughout a song.  Dway never came across as posting a clip and saying "haha I'm the Best ever and no one can defeat me"  You would think Dway slapped Da Drumma along side the face with a white glove challeging him to a duel, or something.  Hey guess what, I've done many gigs with chaka kahn and and thought kirk franklin everything he knows and that gives me the credentials and status to knock anyone down I feel like, just because I did a couple gigs with Chaka is the key....that is Wack!!!  Dway was looking for advice to help his playing if you saw anything wrong comment, but da drumma never said anything to help....I thought you were the supreme being, maybe you should let your wife comment and give the man some advice.  Dway Da drumma is no help to you, you need to get at his wife!!

Doc - The Issue has been resolved!!!! Come on man....no need to drum up anymore drama (pardon the pun)...Everything has been said on this subject...Moderators can we locked this post??? DEAD THIS ISSUE.....PLEASE!!!!

LOVE YA'LL DRUM STARS!!!

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 11:03:58 AM »

Doc - The Issue has been resolved!!!! Come on man....no need to drum up anymore drama (pardon the pun)...Everything has been said on this subject...Moderators can we locked this post??? DEAD THIS ISSUE.....PLEASE!!!!

LOVE YA'LL DRUM STARS!!!

Very true. Dway and Da Drumma resolved their issue...Read the Thread by Dway.. man BLAQ, I love what you said... too funny... No need to Drum up anymore Drama....  :) :D ;D

God Bless.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2006, 11:17:38 AM »

Now Man why you come back In here with the stuff. It's people like you who want to light the candle after it's already bee blown out. And for your info I never said there was anything wrong with his playing. For the last time I just said I thought it was original. The man is an excellent drummer I never said he wasn't, I never ever said I was better. All I said was I hear that style all day everyday down here so its nothing new to me, But the man is excellent. Just because I didn't say that dosen't mean he is not. Man let it go, and drop it. You can ask anybody I never ever look at drumming on a competition aspect. In drumming there is no best or better, It's whatever floats your boat. It's what you like and what makes you feel good, and sometimes it's not the best. Personally alot of people might not like my playing, because I tend to not do alot of fancy and flashy stuff, but I like to do simple un-ordinary things. Point is this was never a competition thing. It seems like if 90% of people agree with and 10% dont, then the 10% is crazy or something, and the 10% must think they are all that. That was never the case I give everyone props,and If check the post history I did give him some positive feedback on his timing and how clean and solid he plays, but it seems like everyone wants to find the negativity. Dont light the fire after its already been blown out!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up