LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is THOMAS PRIDGEN considered a Christian drummer?  (Read 11349 times)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Why is THOMAS PRIDGEN considered a Christian drummer?
« on: February 24, 2006, 07:29:43 AM »
Ok I was wrong in my post! I went to this dudes myspace site and I was not impressed! The crap on his space is worse then most secular artist! Im not talking music but content. He needs a kick in his tail to smarten his nappy black butt up! Come on! Who flings an F bomb on a Christian production, how professional is that! You all know Im not one to just judge and Im one on the most liberal Christians in here (with in Bible standards not man made rules) so for me to come out and say this guys Christianitys wack...you know its wack!

Maybe at one time he was a Christian musician, not any more! >:(
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

MaestroDivine

Re: Why is THOMAS PRIDGEN considered a Christian drummer?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 07:34:14 AM »
Ok I was wrong in my post! I went to this dudes myspace site and I was not impressed! The crap on his space is worse then most secular artist! Im not talking music but content. He needs a kick in his tail to smarten his nappy black butt up! Come on! Who flings an F bomb on a Christian production, how professional is that! You all know Im not one to just judge and Im one on the most liberal Christians in here (with in Bible standards not man made rules) so for me to come out and say this guys Christianitys wack...you know its wack!

I never thought he was Christian. I could tell that Gerald wanted to use him because he has played gospel, and would probably be able to show some interesting licks that gospel drummers could use.

Nothing more, nothing less...

JFunky

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 07:36:58 AM »
Wow!!!  :o  Here we go.  This is going to stir up the chicken coop...get ready....

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 07:46:07 AM »
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
RRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel WW3 coming on in this board! haha.

AMEN BBD. AMEN.

God Bless.

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 07:54:48 AM »
I never thought he was Christian. I could tell that Gerald wanted to use him because he has played gospel, and would probably be able to show some interesting licks that gospel drummers could use.

Agreed.
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »
I am not a drummer, but I did think he was a "Gospel' Drummer purely for the fact he was being featured on a gospel site.
:)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 08:00:28 AM »
Hahahahaha Im only speaking the truth SO BRING IT KIDS !!!!!! After being on his myspace site I might as well talk about Ol Dirty or Two Live Crew (remember them) on here, its that bad! I hope he gets this and cleans up!!!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 08:02:19 AM »
I am not a drummer, but I did think he was a "Gospel' Drummer purely for the fact he was being featured on a gospel site.

And thats what Im saying! Why is he on here or even Gospel Chops!!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 08:05:29 AM »

Yeah but thats called being a sell out!!!! Why then could he have not gotten a real giant like Heyward or McQuitty!?

MaestroDivine

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 08:07:01 AM »

I never thought he was Christian. I could tell that Gerald wanted to use him because he has played gospel, and would probably be able to show some interesting licks that gospel drum

mers could use.

Yeah but thats called being a sell out!!!! Why then could he have not gotten a real giant like Heyward or McQuitty!?

Well, you also have to remember, too...Thomas's location probably had a lot to do with it. Gerald is from NY, and I'm not sure where McQuitty is from ...

Offline buggs

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 08:33:19 AM »
Sup everybody im new here well I joined last week but I deceided to share my opinion on this topic.....big black I have to agree with you thomas myspace page is kinda weird but you never know what people are dealing with we dont know whats going on in thomas life im sure its some more gospel drummers thats not all the way right but if you think about it none of us are perfect we all have our down falls, I know I do, but far as thomas playing go that dude is NUUUTTTTZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh and im not trying to say nobodys wrong this was just my opinion nothing against nobody else im not saying big black was wrong we all have our own opinions)

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member
  • JUST LET YOUR SOUL GLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 08:36:13 AM »

FOR ONCE....!!!!!!!!!!!BIG GUY!!!!!!!!.......... I AGREE!!!!!!!!! I have him on my MySpace..and when I first saw it I was trippin!!!!!!!!!!!! "GOSPEL" Drummer ........I think not!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(........................Yea but hes still pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!LOL :D :D :D ;D......BUT YEA GOSPEL I THINK NOT >:( >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love is Peace...Music is Learning.... and God is Life!!!

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member
  • JUST LET YOUR SOUL GLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 08:39:52 AM »
 ;DOh yea,......................ONE WORD.....................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
Love is Peace...Music is Learning.... and God is Life!!!

Offline Da1witdastix

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 08:52:55 AM »
he really is a christian... he just turn the wrong path... i kno his uncle he grew up in the church...the first time i ever saw him was at the Gospel Music Workshop of America Convention...he play there for some years...i kno his still play in that church now not sure where... we just need to pray for that brotha...
I don\'t need a month I make history er\'yday

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »
Da1witdastix, I have to agree with you, because I don't know his life story, but if he is a Christian then we are family in the body of Christ, and it's are duty to pray for him while he is in this season of his life.  I knew Thomas to be in Gospel Music Workshop for years, and his done a couple of recordings for the youth choir.  Fam, lets keep Thomas in are prays that one day he will been of fire for Christ.

Seven,

Offline JoeLove

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 09:06:26 AM »
whats the address for his myspace page? i cant find it on any functions...

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 09:06:45 AM »
Da1witdastix, I have to agree with you, because I don't know his life story, but if he is a Christian then we are family in the body of Christ, and it's are duty to pray for him while he is in this season of his life.  I knew Thomas to be in Gospel Music Workshop for years, and his done a couple of recordings for the youth choir.  Fam, lets keep Thomas in are prays that one day he will been of fire for Christ.

Seven,
amen
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 09:14:56 AM »
Who do you all think you are? You have NO RIGHT to be talking about him like this. Front him if you want, just make sure you're face to face. How "christian" are you gossiping about someone who isn't as good as you would like everyone to think you are? You guys are wrong for making this public.Yes, ofcourse he was wrong for the dropping the f-bomb on the dvd.  You may be right on about your thoughts towards him but WRONG to start a topic about someone you don't know on the WORLD WIDE WEB. Grow up bigblackdrummer. "bring it on kids, lets talk about how horrible he is, you know i'm right"  I'm sorry but what the hell? Pat yourself on the back bro. Go ahead. Lift yourself up while putting someone down. You are completely out of line. You are the kind of christian who I would question. Thomas could be on the brink of spending eternity in hell and this is the best we can do. He needs Jesus and the best we can do on this christian board is to gather round and bash those who are lost??? You can make a difference by sending him a message, emailing him.

For those of you who had good things to say, I'm not talking to you. People get hurt when talk like this happens in the church. They lose all hope in "christian" people when we are suppose to be loving on them. They are the kind of people who die without Jesus. If you were thomas and you came across this thread, would you feel like "these guys actually care." Nooooooo way. I'm sorry for getting heated but little doors like this can mess people up and it's this kind of talk that can make someone hate the church, hate christianity, and hate and die without our only hope, Jesus. We are all messed up, we all struggle, I thank Jesus for his blood that qualifies me to pick up a pair of drumsticks and worship him with no condemnation.

Come on all of you men of God and back me up on this. This board needs to be different then every other board out their that smashes on our government, presidents, celebrities, and just people. We need to love one another like brothers because THATS what people need to see in us. Our love for eachother, and that can lead them to Jesus.

"First and foremost, Learngospelmusic.com is dedicated and committed to the Glory of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!! Without him, none of this would be possible"

JFunky

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 09:22:29 AM »
You know what Audio, I believe you can get your point across without cursing.  Don't you think? ::)

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 09:25:54 AM »
I will only say this:

An Alcoholic can only get help, if he admits that he an Alcoholic. Not until then. Someone has to admit that they have a problem. They have to WANT a solution.

Same in Christianity.

Jesus is a Gentlemen. "Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any man opens the door, I will come in and will sup with him and he with me."
He will not just barge into someones heart. He waits for us to open up. We have to want it.

There is hope for ANYONE!!! If they are willing to accept that Jesus died on the Cross for them. THEY have to accept that. we cant do it for them.... Pray, yes. no question. but we can Pray till we are blue in the face, and Jesus can keep on knocking, and if they dont want it......

GUESS WHAT.....THEY WONT GET IT.

And believe me.....when someone wants it...it shows. I've been there. and when I was lost...I cried out and begged and Prayed that God would intervene. Thats when He will step in...Not a minute sooner.

God Bless.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up