LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is THOMAS PRIDGEN considered a Christian drummer?  (Read 11287 times)

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

Re: Why is THOMAS PRIDGEN considered a Christian drummer?
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 09:26:22 AM »
[b Come on all of you men of God and back me up on this. This board needs to be different then every other board out their that smashes on our government, presidents, celebrities, and just people. We need to love one another like brothers because THATS what people need to see in us. Our love for eachother, and that can lead them to Jesus. 

Audiocr381ve I'm standing with brother 100%   

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 09:49:55 AM »

And believe me.....when someone wants it...it shows. I've been there. and when I was lost...I cried out and begged and Prayed that God would intervene. Thats when He will step in...Not a minute sooner.

God Bless.[/color]

WRONG-
just cause that was your experience does not mean it is fact.  wanting it doesn't mean it will show.  how many people out there want it and don't show it.  how many people out there want it deep inside and don't even real8ize they want and need it.  that is what discernment is for- seeing what is NOT SHOWN. Jesus percieved men's hearts, our Father looks on our hearts.
 even us as christians walking the walk want things and need things we never show that we need but we receive because we really want it.
YES God will give to those who TRULY want it, but REALLY WANTING something doesn't equal showing it.
and further more how many people "SHOW" it and don't really mean it or slip right back into whatever they came out of.  appearances and actions are a lot less weighty than we think.-ie. "why do cyou call me "LORD LORD" but do not do what i say".
he may or may not really want God right now for himself- the deciding factor is NOT however, wheter he "shows" it on a myspace acount or dvd or at all

and to be clear ER i agree with everything you said except that one point

i do also agree we should stand in prayer and dicernment for him, praying the will of God is spiritual warfare and if God can speak to him and break through the spiritual shackles and walls put in place by the enemy's camp in the spirit- then God who is almighty Can Change- pursuade- WHETHER HE WANTS IT OR NOT- GOD CAN MINISTER TO HIS HEART SOOOO OUR PRAYERS DO COUNT AND CAN BE EFFECTIVE, WE CAN'T JUST SIT HERE AND THINK SINCE HE MAY NOT WANT IT, WE MIGHT AS WELL NOT PRAY CAUSE IT WON'T DO ANYGOOD....
I AM DONE
i wasn't yelling just kept the caps on by accident

remember:
the biggest catalyst for change is LOVE
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 09:52:23 AM »
Thank you seven.  I'll be the first to say that I'm messed up without Jesus. And I fall short all of the time. And he's the only thing that keeps me from going crazy and living confused. All I'm saying is that Thomas doesn't need another person in the church telling him how things should be and how he's wrong.

It's funny how the one thing most important to you Jfunky was the word "hell" out of everything I said. I can tell you of how millions of children are dying and need help, and show you a way that we can contribute, but if I said one cuss word in the mix of it, immediately most christians like yourself will shut out the fact that I have a plan to help children who are dying and dwell on a cuss word as if it's THE ONLY THING I SAID.. A pirme example of how sometimes we only see that one negative thing amongst more positive things that could do everyone alot better to focus on.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 09:59:15 AM »
he really is a christian... he just turn the wrong path... i kno his uncle he grew up in the church...the first time i ever saw him was at the Gospel Music Workshop of America Convention...he play there for some years...i kno his still play in that church now not sure where... we just need to pray for that brotha...

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't a Christian someone whose born again, and is follower of Jesus Christ?

I think many people call themselves Christians because they were raised in a "Christian family" - or because they go to church. Based on Christian theology, what good is any of that, if you aren't 'born again', and a follower of Christ?

Just a thought ...

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »

And believe me.....when someone wants it...it shows. I've been there. and when I was lost...I cried out and begged and Prayed that God would intervene. Thats when He will step in...Not a minute sooner.

God Bless.[/color]

WRONG-
just cause that was your experience does not mean it is fact.  wanting it doesn't mean it will show.  how many people out there want it and don't show it.  how many people out there want it deep inside and don't even real8ize they want and need it.  that is what discernment is for- seeing what is NOT SHOWN. Jesus percieved men's hearts, our Father looks on our hearts.
 even us as christians walking the walk want things and need things we never show that we need but we receive because we really want it.
YES God will give to those who TRULY want it, but REALLY WANTING something doesn't equal showing it.
and further more how many people "SHOW" it and don't really mean it or slip right back into whatever they came out of.  appearances and actions are a lot less weighty than we think.-ie. "why do cyou call me "LORD LORD" but do not do what i say".
he may or may not really want God right now for himself- the deciding factor is NOT however, wheter he "shows" it on a myspace acount or dvd or at all

i do also agree we should stand in prayer and dicernment for him, praying the will of God is spiritual warfare and if God can speak to him and break through the spiritual shackles and walls put in place by the enemy's camp in the spirit- then God who is almighty Can Change- pursuade- WHETHER HE WANTS IT OR NOT- GOD CAN MINISTER TO HIS HEART SOOOO OUR PRAYERS DO COUNT AND CAN BE EFFECTIVE, WE CAN'T JUST SIT HERE AND THINK SINCE HE MAY NOT WANT IT, WE MIGHT AS WELL NOT PRAY CAUSE IT WON'T DO ANYGOOD....
I AM DONE

remember:

If we cant disagree and still be Brothers, then there would be something wrong with our experience. I do disagree with you. we are both pretty strong on our convictions and stands. I believe that it has to come from wanting....When a Baby wants something...what does it do.. just sit there? No. It cries and cries and cries until it gets what it wants. now, we dont know what it is the baby wants right away. but the Baby knows it wants something. If the baby wanted something and just sat there, we would never know.

Just how I feel. we can disagree.

and Amen MD.

God Bless.

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »
amen div
play where you wanna be

JFunky

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 10:01:56 AM »
Audio, I will NOT go down to your level.  I agreed with your statement.  I beleive that you need to READ the Forum Rules and understand how to state your opinion on this site.  It really isn't hard.  As for the children thing, that's your business and not mine.  Good for you.  If you re-read my post, you will understand.  And yes, one rotten potato can ruin the rest in the bag.  Think before you state.  It's not hard.  God Bless.....

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 10:02:15 AM »
It's not about getting my friggen point across man. I don't care and I'm sick of most everyone turning every thread into some sort of political/biblical debate when in actualality it's just pride. Can we get back to being friendly and loving around here? Believe or not we christians on this board represent Jesus and the church. All this bickering " You know what Audio, I believe you can get your point across without cursing.  Don't you think?  ::) " needs to stop and is getting old. You put that little face thing of the guy rolling his eyes as if you had the maturity of a 3 year old. Come on now, drop your pride, contribute to the topic.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 10:05:02 AM »
Can we get back to being friendly and loving around here?

Wow! Their was a time when it was friendly and loving?!

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 10:06:04 AM »
Jfunky I'm done arguing with you. Cut it out lets move on. Back to the topic.

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 10:09:34 AM »

God Bless.[/color]

WRONG-

I AM DONE

remember:

If we cant disagree and still be Brothers, then there would be something wrong with our experience. I do disagree with you. we are both pretty strong on our convictions and stands. I believe that it has to come from wanting....When a Baby wants something...what does it do.. just sit there? No. It cries and cries and cries until it gets what it wants. now, we dont know what it is the baby wants right away. but the Baby knows it wants something. If the baby wanted something and just sat there, we would never know.

and Amen MD.

God Bless.

that is still only sometimes man
does the baby want clothes on YES, does the baby ever really cry for clothes- rarely, even when it comes to feeding babies, not all the time do you wait til' they cry to feed them, if you know they need to eat, and you know it's something they probably want and need you give it to them.  i have a God daughter who needs to eat a little more so we feed her because her body wants it and needs it or else it reacts- she won't say anything but there are consequences so  her body needs and wants the food.  
so even in your baby example yes that does happen BUT it is Not a definate- or accross the board- it does NOT apply to everyone...  you see?

and what do you think about what i said in regards to praying/interceding for him?  cause you made it sound like we shouldn't pray for him cause he has to want it first, or else our prayers will be for nothing...
play where you wanna be

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »
Thank you seven.  I'll be the first to say that I'm messed up without Jesus. And I fall short all of the time. And he's the only thing that keeps me from going crazy and living confused. All I'm saying is that Thomas doesn't need another person in the church telling him how things should be and how he's wrong.

It's funny how the one thing most important to you Jfunky was the word "hell" out of everything I said. I can tell you of how millions of children are dying and need help, and show you a way that we can contribute, but if I said one cuss word in the mix of it, immediately most christians like yourself will shut out the fact that I have a plan to help children who are dying and dwell on a cuss word as if it's THE ONLY THING I SAID.. A pirme example of how sometimes we only see that one negative thing amongst more positive things that could do everyone alot better to focus on.

Everything was PERFECT in the Garden of Eden....it took ONE...only ONE little WRONG thing to cause the ENTIRE fall of Man....so yes, one small thing out of line does effect everything else. Does it not???

God Bless.

JFunky

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 10:11:01 AM »
 My brother, I have NO PRIDE.  If you want someone to go against, it won't be me.  I'm only correcting the way you put your statement on here.  You know what though, since this has upset you and cost you discomfort, I'll contribute to the topic and abort by saying this, PRAY for Thomas and leave it in God's hands.  Now, since I"m 3 yrs. old, I'll abort this topic and go out and get some kool aid and take a nap. I'm out.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 10:13:10 AM »
and what do you think about what i said in regards to praying/interceding for him?  cause you made it sound like we shouldn't pray for him cause he has to want it first, or else our prayers will be for nothing...

I'm still unclear on this, to be honest. People say that God won't force his will on to you - and yet, it's often said that you should pray for people so that they will come to Christ, and/or see the error in their ways.

If that be the case, doesn't that totally nullify any effect that a prayer would have?

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 10:13:55 AM »
hahahahah

Pride always gets the last word in right? The first part of your last post was prideless. And then the fall. Classic.

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 10:14:48 AM »

God Bless.[/color]

WRONG-

I AM DONE

remember:

and Amen MD.

God Bless.

that is still only sometimes man
does the baby want clothes on YES, does the baby ever really cry for clothes- rarely, even when it comes to feeding babies, not all the time do you wait til' they cry to feed them, if you know they need to eat, and you know it's something they probably want and need you give it to them.  i have a God daughter who needs to eat a little more so we feed her because her body wants it and needs it or else it reacts- she won't say anything but there are consequences so  her body needs and wants the food. 
so even in your baby example yes that does happen BUT it is Not a definate- or accross the board- it does NOT apply to everyone...  you see?

On Showing that someone wants it...we Disagree...

On praying / interceding for him... we agree!! We must pray. we know the Prayer of a Righteous man Avails much. and God can work Miracles...but as I said, he will not force his way into someones life. NOW, with that being said.. God will bring obstacles into ones life, to make them fall to their knees and come back to God. which can happen due to the prayers of others.

God Bless.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 10:15:37 AM »
My brother, I have NO PRIDE.

That's a rather powerful statement. Are you sure you're human?

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 10:16:08 AM »
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO....
I DONT KNOW ABOUT ANY OF YOU, BUT I AM HAVING AN AWESOME TIME BOXING WITH EVERYONE!!!!! ANYONE ELSE ENJOYING THIS????

IT FEELS GOOD. NICE STRESS RELIEF! HAHAHAHA

GOD BLESS.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 10:18:30 AM »
" and God can work Miracles...but as I said, he will not force his way into someones life."

&

"NOW, with that being said.. God will bring obstacles into ones life, to make them fall to their knees and come back to God."

Help me to understand, Eccentric-Rhythm. The last statement seems to contradict the first.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 10:18:58 AM »
Who do you all think you are? You have NO RIGHT to be talking about him like this. Front him if you want, just make sure you're face to face. How "christian" are you gossiping about someone who isn't as good as you would like everyone to think you are? You guys are wrong for making this public.Yes, ofcourse he was wrong for the dropping the f-bomb on the dvd.  You may be right on about your thoughts towards him but WRONG to start a topic about someone you don't know on the WORLD WIDE WEB. Grow up bigblackdrummer. "bring it on kids, lets talk about how horrible he is, you know i'm right"  I'm sorry but what the hell? Pat yourself on the back bro. Go ahead. Lift yourself up while putting someone down. You are completely out of line. You are the kind of christian who I would question. Thomas could be on the brink of spending eternity in hell and this is the best we can do. He needs Jesus and the best we can do on this christian board is to gather round and bash those who are lost??? You can make a difference by sending him a message, emailing him.

For those of you who had good things to say, I'm not talking to you. People get hurt when talk like this happens in the church. They lose all hope in "christian" people when we are suppose to be loving on them. They are the kind of people who die without Jesus. If you were thomas and you came across this thread, would you feel like "these guys actually care." Nooooooo way. I'm sorry for getting heated but little doors like this can mess people up and it's this kind of talk that can make someone hate the church, hate christianity, and hate and die without our only hope, Jesus. We are all messed up, we all struggle, I thank Jesus for his blood that qualifies me to pick up a pair of drumsticks and worship him with no condemnation.

Come on all of you men of God and back me up on this. This board needs to be different then every other board out their that smashes on our government, presidents, celebrities, and just people. We need to love one another like brothers because THATS what people need to see in us. Our love for eachother, and that can lead them to Jesus.

"First and foremost, Learngospelmusic.com is dedicated and committed to the Glory of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!! Without him, none of this would be possible"

Dude this is a GOSPEL site where that dudes name has come up as one of the greats! Hes definitely not living a Christian life (HAVE YOU BEEN ON HIS SITE!) How bad does it look when WE as Christians are telling people to look this guys site up only to have them go and read filth! Im not gossiping, hes put it out for all to read, I didnt! Hes done it to himself! If he wanted people to think he was still a Christian his actions in the public would be different! Im talking Web Sites, In front the camera, whatever.

Theres a right and a wrong and its wrong for us to keep mentioning / promoting him as hes going through this time! I do understand your point and I did think about it before I posted it, I hope you understand why I did it.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up