LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Weirdest Chops  (Read 5385 times)

Offline crazyfoot

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Weirdest Chops
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 09:32:27 AM »
Dennis Chambers listen to a cd he did called Uncle Moes space ranch and yall will be flipping out you talk about goin off beat man he was killin and Virgil DOnati,Thomas Lang and vinnie coluita i can never spell his last name right. As for Gospel Drummers, Spanky, Doobie, a spears, c coleman, and animal when he battled Buddy rich on www. drummerworld.com  8) lol  

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 09:39:19 AM »
Oh yeah Buddy Rich!!!  I've seen him do some wierd combo when he's in speed mode

seven,

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 11:21:19 AM »
Dennis Chambers listen to a cd he did called Uncle Moes space ranch and yall will be flipping out you talk about goin off beat man he was killin and Virgil DOnati,Thomas Lang and vinnie coluita i can never spell his last name right. As for Gospel Drummers, Spanky, Doobie, a spears, c coleman, and animal when he battled Buddy rich on www. drummerworld.com  8) lol  

Dawg!! Uncle Moes Space Ranch, Dennis Chambers was PSYCHOTIC on drums!!!!! Yal need to check him out, because he is doing stuff no other drummer in this world can pull off, DENNIS CHAMBERS is #1 in my book!!

Offline ydontae15

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 11:35:49 AM »
i would have to agree with alot of u and Say Aaron Spears...but if u never heard his brother wow u need to hear him hes no slouch either he plays almost identical to Aaron

JFunky

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 11:54:06 AM »
 Dennis Chambers,  Vinnie Colaiuta,  Dave Weckl, Tony Williams, Mark Mondesir, Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez, Virgil Donati

No specific order...

blaquegenius

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 12:15:01 PM »
thomas and that young boi yall be talkin bout from the dc/baltimore area, dana???

Dana has chops but he needs to learn to be a musician not just a fast chopped drummer! Hes all over the place all the time, everytime and his placement sometimes sucks!!!

Aaron`s sick! get the Gideon Bands live cd, I listen to it every day, night, bed, sleep, changing the baby...on and on!
For gospel drummer chops Aarons my number 1 right now!!!!

LOL...dude you're hilarious...the Gideon Band joint is tight.. I have the video...a must get...

How do I get that? Im in Canada so indi. stuff id harder for me to get here..Thanks for your comment on myspace keep in touch man (Keep in touch, but dont touch, Im married ;D)

Hahaha...here's a link where you can purchase the video: http://www.gideonband.com/gbstore/buypage.htm

blaquegenius

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 12:21:05 PM »
truthfully...all you good folks on here have the weirdest chops....LOL

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 03:35:05 PM »
Ya'll might think im crazy but in my opinion...... I would have to say Calvin Rodgers and George McCurdy (spanky) they have those licks that make you say what in the heck made him put that where he put it. Im not talking about skill wise, but you can sit there and listen to one of thier songs and unexpectedly its a crazy fill that just pops up, but they get it to fit wit the music. Not challenging but un-ordinary fills I love it!!!!!!!!

Da' Drumma

blaquegenius

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 03:58:20 PM »
Ya'll might think im crazy but in my opinion...... I would have to say Calvin Rodgers and George McCurdy (spanky) they have those licks that make you say what in the heck made him put that where he put it. Im not talking about skill wise, but you can sit there and listen to one of thier songs and unexpectedly its a crazy fill that just pops up, but they get it to fit wit the music. Not challenging but un-ordinary fills I love it!!!!!!!!

Da' Drumma

I'd have to agree with you on that one....LOL...or should that be those 2???

Offline L-TownDrummer14

• LGM Member
  • My Kit...

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
[flash=200,200]Me personally, I saw Tony Royster has the greatest chops because his hands are so fast. Dobbie Powell & Chris Coles are sick, too. Dana Hawkins is also a good one. The best musician ever is God, because he allows us to possess such talent to praise him with. ;D

Whatever you accomplish, remember who enabled you to do it.
&()!)'$   !\/!u$!(!@!\!  ()!\!!_%

God's Musician Only

Offline L-TownDrummer14

• LGM Member
  • My Kit...

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 06:21:48 PM »
Dennis Chambers,  Vinnie Colaiuta,  Dave Weckl, Tony Williams, Mark Mondesir, Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez, Virgil Donati

No specific order...

I have to agree with you on Vinnie. That dude is sick. Another good one is Nissan Stewart. He doesn't do really stupid chops, but he puts in those crazy off-timing beats.
&()!)'$   !\/!u$!(!@!\!  ()!\!!_%

God's Musician Only

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 06:36:11 PM »

No specific order...

I have to agree with you on Vinnie. That dude is sick. Another good one is Nissan Stewart. He doesn't do really stupid chops, but he puts in those crazy off-timing beats.

right!

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member
  • YOU WISH THIS SET WAS YOURS......DONT U??
    • http://www.myspace.com/choppinforchrist

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 06:39:12 PM »
I have to go with Aaron,Dennis Chambers, and this dude named Macio from Memphis.

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 08:02:34 PM »
seriously,aaron spears,thomas,dana, they all have some of the weirdest chops i have seen man

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 08:10:38 PM »
HHHHMMMMM.... DOES EVERYONE ON HERE KNOW HOW TO READ???? hahaha. No Offense please....

BUT THE TOPIC IS: WEIRDEST CHOPS......

More than 75% of the answers were for the FASTEST, QUICKEST, GREATEST & BEST CHOPS.........

We are not talking about that on this Topic.. We are talking about WEIRDEST CHOPS.....Doing things that others dont do. or incredible placement, that doesnt make sense but it fits...

So can the 75% re-answer the question????

Hahahaha much Brotherly Love.

God Bless.

Offline gospodruma

• LGM Member
  • gospodruma/BoLu
    • gospodruma

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »
HHHHMMMMM.... DOES EVERYONE ON HERE KNOW HOW TO READ???? hahaha. No Offense please....

More than 75% of the answers were for the FASTEST, QUICKEST, GREATEST & BEST CHOPS.........

We are not talking about that on this Topic.. We are talking about WEIRDEST CHOPS.....Doing things that others dont do. or incredible placement, that doesnt make sense but it fits...

God Bless.

LOL   :D :D :D :D
2 B A MUSICIAN IS MY AIM; 2 GLORIFY GOD, MY DREAM!
http://gospodruma.hi5.com

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 08:53:04 PM »

God Bless.

i feel you e-r.your right!

Offline mordecai

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 09:09:26 PM »
Definitely Vinnie Colaiuta

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 09:23:45 PM »
Definitely Vinnie Colaiuta
i still say bruce lee!

Offline mordecai

• LGM Member

You want wierd chops....beat displacement.....Vinnie
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 09:25:57 PM »
Here's my favorite drummer people Vinnie Colaiuta. He is the king of "wierd chops" listen in particular to the solo around 3:04
simply wonderful. And the beat displacement is enough to make you fall. MAN HOPEFULLY LURKERS DON'T KILL THIS B4 "real members" get it.

If anyone wants this sent P.M. , if it dies...... just say so
GOD BLESS
MORDECAI

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=02LSD9N049DZU151IQHKW7SFVV
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up