LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have some new chops you can pass on? Interesting ones fa sho  (Read 5784 times)

blaquegenius

Re: Anybody have some new chops you can pass on? Interesting ones fa sho
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 04:30:30 PM »
im not here to steal....leave it alone cuz i dont want ne drummers getting there feelings hurt. i mean you werent given this gift to keep it for urself. if you want to know nething from me...just holla at me...love to hear from some of you.

I know you not here to steal....I was just joking with ya....it's all love!!! Whatever knowledge I have, I'll freely share it... What really helps with chops is listening to different styles of music, not just gospel. it's all about timing, a lot of times, I come across things by accident, especially when I'm practicing. I don't know if there's a secret to creating chops...I was always told to practice...keep listening to new stuff music wise...

on the real I feel you on this...when it comes down to it...you Creativity is what counts.. chops are basically you signature while you're playing...it's your part of the conversation that goes on between other musician...Keep striving.... things will come when you least expect it...

Offline hendoo

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »
WHEN YOU SIT DOWN @ THE KIT YOU'LL BE SURPRISED WHAT YOU'LL COME UP WITH, OPEN YOUR MIND & IDEAS WILL COME OUT TRUST ME

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 10:15:33 PM »
I'm trying to get a feel of whats going on around me. If you know how to write them down and pass em on, send them. Get a couple of chops in my mix i can add. So if you know of any interesting paradiddles or something get at me. I really want to hear back from some of the best online drummers around. Stl. 8)

Lucky you and me and steven gotta get 2gether and get a lil shed'n going on and video tape it 4 da LGM Fam to look at...And I know Its Been Years since you heard my "real playin" Baby Boy Grew Up...its Tyme to get to business...Im Callin You Out!!!!
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 11:10:03 PM »
im not here to steal....leave it alone cuz i dont want ne drummers getting there feelings hurt. i mean you werent given this gift to keep it for urself. if you want to know nething from me...just holla at me...love to hear from some of you.

Interesting you should say that our gift was 'given' to us. That got me to thinking...

I believe that I was 'gifted" was the desire to pursue music .. and a ability to comprehend things musicially. However, NOTHING ELSE was given to me. I worked hard for what I go. The only way you could say that .. is if I was born into this world with the ability that I have now. I wasn't. I messed up many church services - cried during many practice sessions ... before I got to this point. I'm definitely not taking away from what the Creator did in me, 'cause I believe I was placed on this path ....

However...

Don't use that line about everything being given to me, 'cause my MOMMA! can tell you it wasn't. That's the lamest line you can use, to get someone to give you something that they worked years and years to achieve...

Man I really don't know but I think you kind of Misunderstood what he was trying to say, If Im wrong let me know, But I think he was tryin to say when god created us he created us with a purpose. We might not know what it is right away and someone of us still might not know. But in Our creation it's sort of like a time line and the title of it is called GOD's TIME and In spite of all our messing up the timeline or should I say GOD's TIME never changes. So even when you were practicing, or learning rudiments, or playing gigs, or just getting insight on music period it was still on your timeline or in GOD's TIME. So dont take it as you are doing anything on your own cause each step you make is cause of god, and each acomplishment you make was already on your timeline, but you just had to wait for      GOD's TIME!!!!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 11:54:57 PM »
Pork!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline gospodruma

• LGM Member
  • gospodruma/BoLu
    • gospodruma

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 12:15:46 AM »
Pork!
is a very source of protein...or so some dude in the biology dept. in my skool says..
2 B A MUSICIAN IS MY AIM; 2 GLORIFY GOD, MY DREAM!
http://gospodruma.hi5.com

Offline keydrummer

• LGM Member

Tenspeed Help
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 08:29:19 AM »
Hey TenSpeed I sent U a PM asking for help,Did U get if not let me know.
KeyDrummer

MaestroDivine

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 09:54:24 AM »

Interesting you should say that our gift was 'given' to us. That got me to thinking...

I believe that I was 'gifted" was the desire to pursue music .. and a ability to comprehend things musicially. However, NOTHING ELSE was given to me. I worked hard for what I go. The only way you could say that .. is if I was born into this world with the ability that I have now. I wasn't. I messed up many church services - cried during many practice sessions ... before I got to this point. I'm definitely not taking away from what the Creator did in me, 'cause I believe I was placed on this path ....

However...

Don't use that line about everything being given to me, 'cause my MOMMA! can tell you it wasn't. That's the lamest line you can use, to get someone to give you something that they worked years and years to achieve...

Man I really don't know but I think you kind of Misunderstood what he was trying to say, If Im wrong let me know, But I think he was tryin to say when god created us he created us with a purpose. We might not know what it is right away and someone of us still might not know. But in Our creation it's sort of like a time line and the title of it is called GOD's TIME and In spite of all our messing up the timeline or should I say GOD's TIME never changes. So even when you were practicing, or learning rudiments, or playing gigs, or just getting insight on music period it was still on your timeline or in GOD's TIME. So dont take it as you are doing anything on your own cause each step you make is cause of god, and each acomplishment you make was already on your timeline, but you just had to wait for      GOD's TIME!!!!!

Frankly, I don't feel like we're God's pre-programmed robots.

I believe we do come into this world with a purpose .. however, God starts the engine .. it's our own free-will that decides where we drive it. If every step we took, and move we made was pre-ordained ... then we couldn't be held accountable for any of our actions. Meaning ... God did bless me with a gift...but, he's not tellin' me exactly how to use it. 

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »

However...

I believe we do come into this world with a purpose .. however, God starts the engine .. it's our own free-will that decides where we drive it. If every step we took, and move we made was pre-ordained ... then we couldn't be held accountable for any of our actions. Meaning ... God did bless me with a gift...but, he's not tellin' me exactly how to use it. 

A ;DM ;DE ;DN

Offline LuckeeDuckets

• LGM Member
  • My lil nephew (5) putting in work now

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 10:15:52 AM »
simple like this.........EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR CHRIST WILL LAST.....Use the gift God blessed you with, for kingdom building, not personal building. God Blessed all of us with a gift, its our job to polish it and keep it shining for the world to see, and for God to get the glory. God knows what we are going to do before we do it. Most of the time its the wrong thing, that's why we should thank God for being a merciful God. God gives us the opportunity to make chooses and decisions with our lives, however we reap what we sow. It is a gift given from God to be used to glorify God. Not prove to the next person im better than you. We are here to glorify God and to tell the world about God. We are programmed to do so. How many of us do this is a different topic.
Stuart "Luckee" STL MO
Yamaha Concert Series

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 10:19:04 AM »

However...

Thats cool man. I guess this is where different doniminations come In at. I was just saying each move you make, he knew you were going to make it, and every mess you go thru he knew you were going to go thru it, because In order to becoming something you have to grow thru something and Fill or Creation you come up with  comes from god, for he has given us all the knowledge we have. There is nothing that the flesh can acomplish without god! :) :) :)   Just Clearing things up thats all !!!!    Much Love!!!!

Da' Drumma

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 10:20:31 AM »
simple like this.........EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR CHRIST WILL LAST.....Use the gift God blessed you with, for kingdom building, not personal building. God Blessed all of us with a gift, its our job to polish it and keep it shining for the world to see, and for God to get the glory. God knows what we are going to do before we do it. Most of the time its the wrong thing, that's why we should thank God for being a merciful God. God gives us the opportunity to make chooses and decisions with our lives, however we reap what we sow. It is a gift given from God to be used to glorify God. Not prove to the next person im better than you. We are here to glorify God and to tell the world about God. We are programmed to do so. How many of us do this is a different topic.

AMEN !!!!! :) :)

MaestroDivine

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 10:38:38 AM »

I said it before on this board .. everything we do ISN'T for God. We don't go to the  movies to give God The Glory. We don't play basketball to give God The Glory. God put us on Earth to live TOO, I feel. If he wanted us to worship him, and be ALL ABOUT him all day and every day ... we'd be be like the 24 Elders, and countless angels, around the throne. You can have a life, and  be a Christian as well...

You did not ask for licks, 'cause of God. You asked for them, 'cause that's an interest of yours. God doesn't care about licks, we do. So, let's examine some of the things we've been taught, for once. Not everything that flows from a Pastor's mouth of is the truth, nor was everything given to him by God. Christians have certain limits and boundaries ... but, I doubt if you played the drums, at home & with friends ... simply because you wanted to - God would be displeased. Worship is worship ... your time is your time. Their is a time and place for everything. I doubt .. the way you'd play just hanging around at the house, is the way you'd play in church. I doubt the way you'd dress at home, you'd dress at church.

If you truly believe EVERYTHING you're doing in your life, is for the glory of God, then go visit a monastery or a convent.

..& I believe that's real talk. Not the SC(Spiritually Correct) things to say.

Offline LuckeeDuckets

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »
simple like this.........EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR CHRIST WILL LAST

I said it before on this board .. everything we do ISN'T for God. We don't go to the movies to give God The Glory. We don't play basketball to give God The Glory. God put us on Earth to live TOO, I feel. If he wanted us to worship him, and be ALL ABOUT him all day and every day ... we'd be be like the 24 Elders, and countless angels, around the throne. You can have a life, and be a Christian as well...

You did not ask for licks, 'cause of God. You asked for them, 'cause that's an interest of yours. God doesn't care about licks, we do. So, let's examine some of the things we've been taught, for once. Not everything that flows from a Pastor's mouth of is the truth, nor was everything given to him by God. Christians have certain limits and boundaries ... but, I doubt if you played the drums, at home & with friends ... simply because you wanted to - God would be displeased. Worship is worship ... your time is your time. Their is a time and place for everything. I doubt .. the way you'd play just hanging around at the house, is the way you'd play in church. I doubt the way you'd dress at home, you'd dress at church.

If you truly believe EVERYTHING you're doing in your life, is for the glory of God, then go visit a monastery or a convent.

check out what i wrote...i said EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR CHRIRST WILL LAST. NOT EVERYTHING YOU DO. because everything man does comes to an end. playing basketball can be used as a gift. If you been blessed to have game like Jordan, that doesnt mean go to the courts and gamble with people cuz you great at it. Go play your game and when you win your ring, give God the glory. Dont say, its me, i did all of this, i made those jumpers, its me its me. no....wrong....
Stuart "Luckee" STL MO
Yamaha Concert Series

Offline LuckeeDuckets

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 10:48:45 AM »
no we dont go to the movies for christ, no we dont go out to eat for christ, but when you do have something to eat, your blessed and need to give God the glory (saying your grace) because someone somewhere doesnt have nething to eat. So, peep what i said. everything you do FOR CHRIST, not for yourself, will last.
Stuart "Luckee" STL MO
Yamaha Concert Series

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 10:56:45 AM »

I said it before on this board .. everything we do ISN'T for God. We don't go to the  movies to give God The Glory. We don't play basketball to give God The Glory. God put us on Earth to live TOO, I feel. If he wanted us to worship him, and be ALL ABOUT him all day and every day ... we'd be be like the 24 Elders, and countless angels, around the throne. You can have a life, and  be a Christian as well...

Bruh the reason I bring up god all the time is because this is LearnGOSPELmusic.com. Gospel means the good news of god. In my opinion all day long you should be about god. There should never be a moment where you let god slip your mind because thats when the enemy trys to attack. When Im at home practicing I do think about god. I ask god to give mne knowledge to learn whatever Im working on and when I do come up with something that will bless his people I give him glory for it. So call me oh so holy, but every step I take each second I try to take with god. I just dint do it on Sundays or whenever im In church. If we remember by the minute and not by the day, there is less room for the devil to corrupt your mind or stop you from acomplishing your goals to bless the kingdom of god!!! :) :) :) :)
I Talk about god all the time cause this is learnGOSPELmusic. Thats the main reason I came to this forum

MaestroDivine

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 11:09:02 AM »

I said it before on this board .. everything we do ISN'T for God. We don't go to the movies to give God The Glory. We don't play basketball to give God The Glory. God put us on Earth to live TOO, I feel. If he wanted us to worship him, and be ALL ABOUT him all day and every day ... we'd be be like the 24 Elders, and countless angels, around the throne. You can have a life, and be a Christian as well...

check out what i wrote...i said EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR CHRIRST WILL LAST. NOT EVERYTHING YOU DO. because everything man does comes to an end. playing basketball can be used as a gift. If you been blessed to have game like Jordan, that doesnt mean go to the courts and gamble with people cuz you great at it. Go play your game and when you win your ring, give God the glory. Dont say, its me, i did all of this, i made those jumpers, its me its me. no....wrong....

So when you miss those j's, it was God making you miss .. and when you hit, it was God making you hit? I don't like that type of thinking. I think it's be perpuated by a people with a very limited understanding of what they've read. I firmly believe that we're given a gift .. but WE have to cultivate it. God doesn't cultivate it for us. WE have to decide to become better at what we do. So, whether we can bring ourselves to say it or not ... WE ARE responsible for some of our success. Yes, God is ultimately responsible ... but YOU stop doing YOUR part .. and what God gave YOU will not be maximized.

When people win Awards for their albums.. they give honor to God .. but they also give honor and praise to the people who  helped make the album a success. They don't say, 'I also want to give honor to myself for doing such an excellent job. Staying late hours in the studio ... .." 'cause it's not 'proper' to give yourself credit. However, whether we want to go against conventional Christian thinking or not .... we are partly responsible for our success. Nobody is saying that what we do for Christ won't last ... once we're dead ... that stuff is over an done with. My point is ... don't make it sound like every word we utter, and every move we make is done for the Glory Of God. Also, don't make it sound like we're robots ... and we have no will of our own - and nothing we do, come from the sweat of our own brow.

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 11:12:54 AM »

So when you miss those j's, it was God making you miss .. and when you hit, it was God making you hit? I don't like that type of thinking. I think it's be perpuated by a people with a very limited understanding of what they've read. I firmly believe that we're given a gift .. but WE have to cultivate it. God doesn't cultivate it for us. WE have to decide to become better at what we do. So, whether we can bring ourselves to say it or not ... WE ARE responsible for some of our success. Yes, God is ultimately responsible ... but YOU stop doing YOUR part .. and what God gave YOU will not be maximized.

When people win Awards for their albums.. they give honor to God .. but they also give honor and praise to the people who  helped make the album a success. They don't say, 'I also want to give honor to myself for doing such an excellent job. Staying late hours in the studio ... .." 'cause it's not 'proper' to give yourself credit. However, whether we want to go against conventional Christian thinking or not .... we are partly responsible for our success. Nobody is saying that what we do for Christ won't last ... once we're dead ... that stuff is over an done with. My point is ... don't make it sound like every word we utter, and every move we make is done for the Glory Of God. Also, don't make it sound like we're robots ... and we have no will of our own - and nothing we do, come from the sweat of our own brow.

calm down mnnnnn lol lol

MaestroDivine

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 11:22:15 AM »

Bruh the reason I bring up god all the time is because this is LearnGOSPELmusic.com. Gospel means the good news of god. In my opinion all day long you should be about god. There should never be a moment where you let god slip your mind because thats when the enemy trys to attack. When Im at home practicing I do think about god. I ask god to give mne knowledge to learn whatever Im working on and when I do come up with something that will bless his people I give him glory for it. So call me oh so holy, but every step I take each second I try to take with god. I just dint do it on Sundays or whenever im In church. If we remember by the minute and not by the day, there is less room for the devil to corrupt your mind or stop you from acomplishing your goals to bless the kingdom of god!!! :) :) :) :)
I Talk about god all the time cause this is learnGOSPELmusic. Thats the main reason I came to this forum

I've said that Christiains have limits and boundaries. If the Gospel is rooted in you ... then you know what to do and what not to do, naturally. It has taken root ... and your percieve the world with a Christian perspective...

HOWEVER ...

While God is responsible for your gift, ULTIMATELY .... it won't be maximized if you don't do YOUR part. YOUR part. Not God's part. That has already been done. YOU have to do something TOO. Meaning? YOUR success is partly due, to what you do. No one is trying to remove God from the equation. I'm not trying to seperate false conventional thinking, from the truth. I think people misunderstand the 'We can't do anything without God" statement.

We're not puppets. We have certain gifts, and inclinations ... and our free-will goes from there. If you believe you're a puppet .. then go ahead. Man can become what God wants him to be .. or what he wants to be .... even atheist's have success in this world. Are you saying that the Atheist .. who doesn't consider the will of God's, success was due to God? No. I don't think so. It was due to God .. 'cause he was blessed with life, intelligence, health, and strength ... but HIS will ..., took him in another direction than what God wanted for him. That means that ... even while we do the will of God .. their is a will that exist's .. independantly of God .. that allows us to choose the will of God, or reject. Ultimately speaking, we are not puppets.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 11:24:16 AM »
GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC.

something im working on is playing some chops starting with my left hand. they have an interesting sound to them once you get going with it.

there you go i thought i would help you out since some of the others seem so unwilling to pass on thier knowledge. The bible says to reap a harvest you must give a seed and it wasn't just talking about money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up