LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have some new chops you can pass on? Interesting ones fa sho  (Read 5783 times)

Offline LuckeeDuckets

• LGM Member
  • My lil nephew (5) putting in work now

Re: Anybody have some new chops you can pass on? Interesting ones fa sho
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2006, 12:09:08 PM »

I know the difference between someone wanting a hand-out, and a true student. Call it intuition ... but I've had students before, and you can tell the difference. A true student of mine won't get upset with me .. when I tell him to go do it/figure it out himself/herself. The ones who just want to leech your ideas, are the ones who get mad. This is done for the Creator ... but it's also and artform .. and we all have our own creativity. So, this is different, for that reason.

When my students say, "Help me develop this idea I have ..." .. I'm right there for them. When they say, 'Show me some chords I can use...", I turn into a vegetable. I believe in helping people develop ideas ... and teaching them the fundamentals .. so they can help themselves ... but, that's it.

im not your student MD. we are peers...ill say this, if your so MaestroDivine, you should not have anytime to be replying with all the gigs and scouts that should be calling you. its amazes me how someone of your extreme selftaught skills has time to peck on computer keys....i bet when you type, you using rudiments you so tight..... ;D
Stuart "Luckee" STL MO
Yamaha Concert Series

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2006, 12:10:54 PM »
simple like this.........EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR CHRIST WILL LAST

I said it before on this board .. everything we do ISN'T for God. We don't go to the movies to give God The Glory. We don't play basketball to give God The Glory. God put us on Earth to live TOO, I feel. If he wanted us to worship him, and be ALL ABOUT him all day and every day ... we'd be be like the 24 Elders, and countless angels, around the throne. You can have a life, and be a Christian as well...

You did not ask for licks, 'cause of God. You asked for them, 'cause that's an interest of yours. God doesn't care about licks, we do. So, let's examine some of the things we've been taught, for once. Not everything that flows from a Pastor's mouth of is the truth, nor was everything given to him by God. Christians have certain limits and boundaries ... but, I doubt if you played the drums, at home & with friends ... simply because you wanted to - God would be displeased. Worship is worship ... your time is your time. Their is a time and place for everything. I doubt .. the way you'd play just hanging around at the house, is the way you'd play in church. I doubt the way you'd dress at home, you'd dress at church.

If you truly believe EVERYTHING you're doing in your life, is for the glory of God, then go visit a monastery or a convent.

..& I believe that's real talk. Not the SC(Spiritually Correct) things to say.

check out what i wrote...i said EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR CHRIRST WILL LAST. NOT EVERYTHING YOU DO. because everything man does comes to an end. playing basketball can be used as a gift. If you been blessed to have game like Jordan, that doesnt mean go to the courts and gamble with people cuz you great at it. Go play your game and when you win your ring, give God the glory. Dont say, its me, i did all of this, i made those jumpers, its me its me. no....wrong....

So when you miss those j's, it was God making you miss .. and when you hit, it was God making you hit? I don't like that type of thinking. I think it's be perpuated by a people with a very limited understanding of what they've read. I firmly believe that we're given a gift .. but WE have to cultivate it. God doesn't cultivate it for us. WE have to decide to become better at what we do. So, whether we can bring ourselves to say it or not ... WE ARE responsible for some of our success. Yes, God is ultimately responsible ... but YOU stop doing YOUR part .. and what God gave YOU will not be maximized.

When people win Awards for their albums.. they give honor to God .. but they also give honor and praise to the people who  helped make the album a success. They don't say, 'I also want to give honor to myself for doing such an excellent job. Staying late hours in the  studio... .." 'cause it's not 'proper' to give yourself credit. However, whether we want to go against conventional Christian thinking or not .... we are partly responsible for our success. Nobody is saying that what we do for Christ won't last ... once we're dead ... that stuff is over an done with. My point is ... don't make it sound like every word we utter, and every move we make is done for the Glory Of God. Also, don't make it sound like we're robots ... and we have no will of our own - and nothing we do, come from the sweat of our own brow.

Man I feel where you are coming from, but I think you are like misunderstanding where I am coming from. Im not trying to make an argument out of this. Im not saying we are pre-programmed robots or anything, or that every word out of your mouth has to do with christ. Yes I believe that you have to take upon your own action to help your gift. But alot of people misunderstand the word of god. They try to make the Bible acustomed thier life, but the bible is written in on way and thats is the truth. There is nothing in the Bible that has to be rephrased, and the bible says simply "For he has given us all knowledge" so in your practicing or whatever yes you are taking upon your own action to better your gift, but with the knowledge he has given you. Thats all im saying bruh!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Dude, I respect you, despite how I may sound. I'm just a passionate person - and you probably can see that in the way I word things.

You stand firm in what you believe, and you're not around ASKING/BEGGING ... for things that you can do for yourself.
Whats the name of this site again??? ???

I know the difference between someone wanting a hand-out, and a true student. Call it intuition  ... but I've had students before, and you can tell the difference. A true student of mine won't get upset with me .. when I tell him to go do it/figure it out himself/herself. The ones who just want to leech your ideas, are the ones who get mad. This is done for the Creator ... but it's also and artform .. and we all have our own creativity. So, this is different, for that reason.

When  my students say, "Help me develop this idea I have ..." .. I'm right there for them. When they say, 'Show me some chords I can use...", I turn into a vegetable. I believe in helping people develop ideas ... and teaching them the fundamentals .. so they can help themselves ... but, that's it.
I Allright I got you thanks and please dont take my co-sign personally I just thought he made a valid point. You do come accross like somebody that has been burned one to many times. Students that are really hungry wont live from lesson to lesson for knowledge they will continue on between sessions.  
Im too tall to act small.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2006, 12:14:51 PM »

I know the difference between someone wanting a hand-out, and a true student. Call it intuition ... but I've had students before, and you can tell the difference. A true student of mine won't get upset with me .. when I tell him to go do it/figure it out himself/herself. The ones who just want to leech your ideas, are the ones who get mad. This is done for the Creator ... but it's also and artform .. and we all have our own creativity. So, this is different, for that reason.

When my students say, "Help me develop this idea I have ..." .. I'm right there for them. When they say, 'Show me some chords I can use...", I turn into a vegetable. I believe in helping people develop ideas ... and teaching them the fundamentals .. so they can help themselves ... but, that's it.

im not your student MD. we are peers...ill say this, if your so MaestroDivine, you should not have anytime to be replying with all the gigs and scouts that should be calling you. its amazes me how someone of your extreme selftaught skills has time to peck on computer keys....i bet when you type, you using rudiments you so tight..... ;D

You're after gigs. I'm not. I'm a solo artist. Always have been, always will be. I make music independently. I don't want to be on a record label. Music is much more to me than playing for John P. Kee. It's a passion. I will do it whether anyone listens or not.

I put in the work to get where I am. I learned from my mistakes as a musician. You say I won't pass on anything ... but I am. I'm passing on to you .. that you'll be better off not depending on others.

The Absolute End.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2006, 12:17:07 PM »
GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC.

something im working on is playing some chops starting with my left hand. they have an interesting sound to them once you get going with it.

there you go i thought i would help you out since some of the others seem so unwilling to pass on thier knowledge. The bible says to reap a harvest you must give a seed and it wasn't just talking about money.

Practice dudes, practice! I'm tired of people using the Bible to justify their laziness! Practice! Practice! Practice!

Just like I'm not responsible for giving money to you, just 'cause you ask for it. I'm not responsible for passing on knowledge, just 'cause you ask for it. I shut down completely when I see people trying to use scripture to justify their laziness/actions. Whatever .....

Quote on,  homeboy. Betta ask Sabe, or Moe .. or E-R ... 'cause this well is closed.

Wow. so what your telling me is that you never got help from anyone to better yourself you discovered everything on your own. you didnt have to listen to others drumming, you didn't watch videos to see what they were doing ?? if thats true then go ahead brotha. i would like to hear you play with all your self discovered grooves and licks.

why does it bother you so much to help out another person that is trying to better thier craft.?? so what if he uses one of your licks in a song get over it. you most likely have used someone elses lick or someone else might already be playing your licks from hearing you play.
Co-sign!!!

Co-sign all you want, it doesn't matter. Maybe someone else will help you ... but, all you've done with your talking, is painted a picture of yourself as a lazy performer, with no confidence in the creativity he's been given, and the artform itself.
This came up while I was still typing my reply to you. Is the bolded portion for me?  ???
Im too tall to act small.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »
GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC.

something im working on is playing some chops starting with my left hand. they have an interesting sound to them once you get going with it.

there you go i thought i would help you out since some of the others seem so unwilling to pass on thier knowledge. The bible says to reap a harvest you must give a seed and it wasn't just talking about money.

Practice dudes, practice! I'm tired of people using the Bible to justify their laziness! Practice! Practice! Practice!

Just like I'm not responsible for giving money to you, just 'cause you ask for it. I'm not responsible for passing on knowledge, just 'cause you ask for it. I shut down completely when I see people trying to use scripture to justify their laziness/actions. Whatever .....

Quote on,  homeboy. Betta ask Sabe, or Moe .. or E-R ... 'cause this well is closed.

Wow. so what your telling me is that you never got help from anyone to better yourself you discovered everything on your own. you didnt have to listen to others drumming, you didn't watch videos to see what they were doing ?? if thats true then go ahead brotha. i would like to hear you play with all your self discovered grooves and licks.

why does it bother you so much to help out another person that is trying to better thier craft.?? so what if he uses one of your licks in a song get over it. you most likely have used someone elses lick or someone else might already be playing your licks from hearing you play.
Co-sign!!!

Co-sign all you want, it doesn't matter. Maybe someone else will help you ... but, all you've done with your talking, is painted a picture of yourself as a lazy performer, with no confidence in the creativity he's been given, and the artform itself.
This came up while I was still typing my reply to you. Is the bolded portion for me?  ???

Actually, it's not. I started it out for you ... but, ended up talking to the creator of the topic. LOOK AT THAT TOPIC!! That screams of laziness and lack of creativity!!

I don't care what anyone say's. You want someone to pass on chops .. then insist they be interesting. Does that sound like someone who wants to be creative and/or do for themselves?

I'm supposed to respect that??

Offline LuckeeDuckets

• LGM Member

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2006, 12:33:15 PM »
did they sound like a thief? a thief does not ask, they take.....so like it was stated before, who have you repeated? i know for a fact your not 100% from the dome. come on...be truthful...im not asking for any cheap hand outs....im on a site called LEARNgospelmusic.com.....using it for what it was put on here for. im not munching off anyone...i respect hard work, and i work hard at what i do...i still like to here what someone else is doing. sharing. its a lonely life for you...i learn from everyone i see, hear. you should too... whether its helpful to say, ok i should do more pocket and less fills or i should pay attention to the director more than just soloing all the time...
Stuart "Luckee" STL MO
Yamaha Concert Series

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2006, 12:35:37 PM »
W.W.J.D ????????????? :)

MaestroDivine

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2006, 12:46:55 PM »
did they sound like a thief? a thief does not ask, they take.....so like it was stated before, who have you repeated? i know for a fact your not 100% from the dome. come on...be truthful...im not asking for any cheap hand outs....im on a site called LEARNgospelmusic.com.....using it for what it was put on here for. im not munching off anyone...i respect hard work, and i work hard at what i do...i still like to here what someone else is doing. sharing. its a lonely life for you...i learn from everyone i see, hear. you should too... whether its helpful to say, ok i should do more pocket and less fills or i should pay attention to the director more than just soloing all the time...

You know what?

I have a counter to your post. However, why should I continue to debate this .. as if I'm going to relent, and give you some licks?

I'm tired of this. Like I said ... if you can get someone else to open up, then that's them. I have my OWN feelings about this.

~OD

Offline LuckeeDuckets

• LGM Member

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2006, 01:06:52 PM »
aiight. thanks to all that responded. hope to see some if not all of you in another forum.
Stuart "Luckee" STL MO
Yamaha Concert Series

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2006, 01:11:37 PM »
Dang, you guys are going to put me to worlk already....

Lets's all agree that valid points were made.

1  People need to Be More Specific in the Communications Online

2  People Need to Be More Creative as Musicians.

3  People Need to Take the Role of a Musician More Seriously.

4  Not Pushing as an Individual Hurts the Craft and This Site.

5  Even with Gods Sovereigncy He Us Responsibility/Power on Earth and Free-Will That We ARe Accountable For

6  We are Accountable for Our Works

7  Gigs Don't Guarantee Proviciency or Excellence BUT Are Evidence of Fruit Bearing

8  Nothing Comes Without A Price -- How Much Are Yu Willing to Pay To Be The Best You Are Intended To Be

9  We Cannot Become So Spiritual That We Forget/Pass the Bucjk on Our Natural Responsibility/Accountability

10 It's Best We End This Discussion As It Is.

If Anyone wants to pass on licks/tips relating to this topic Please PM Luckee Duckets. We have to be VERY CAREFUL to not committ offense in our lives and it is even more difficult when communicating on line. Everything that we need to accomplish our puose has already been placed around us and in us. The world serves up many a distraction to keep one from knowing what is in oneself. Lets get our houses in order.

I am not locking this (yet) but let's consider it finished if you are not only sharing licks/techniques to the initial question.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up