LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thomas Pridgen!!  (Read 3115 times)

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

Thomas Pridgen!!
« on: February 27, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

Re: Thomas Pridgen!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 03:37:25 PM »
I got the zenith patrol cd from someone on here, and I think thomas is good and everything, but this cd doesnt show how good he is.. At some points, the music all together is just wierd.

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 03:39:15 PM »
I agree,  It seems like theres something missing.

Seven,

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 03:49:14 PM »
i dunno, it has a wierd feel. It's hard to explain. The music just doesnt seem to have any zing or definite structure. It could be good for background music in a tony hawk videlo game lol

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 05:44:36 PM »
i feel yall

Offline BIGBILL

• LGM Member
  • make a joyful noise unto the LORD

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
From the tracks i heard, it was pritty nice, but i still have to get that cd. Oh! from what i heard he was killin the pocket and the music was fat even though i didnt hear alote of chops but i feel as a drummer and im sure you all can agree sometimes its not all about the chops, its about getting the job done with good placement and timing in the pocket! ;D but i think he might have held back because it wasnt his solo project, but then again i don't know! ;D

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 12:06:26 AM »
The drums are really up front in this recording but everything else seems really shallow. I like it but seems like it is missing some ambient sounds. I must say that his playing is on.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 12:15:34 AM »
Wow that sucked, did they even use a click track!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 12:17:36 AM »

Aight Mr. Producer... cut some slack and tell us how you really feel,  ;D.

Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline gospodruma

• LGM Member
  • gospodruma/BoLu
    • gospodruma

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 12:19:46 AM »

Aight Mr. Producer... cut some slack and tell us how you really feel,  ;D.

And you myte want to take it easy on us too...thank you sir!!!
2 B A MUSICIAN IS MY AIM; 2 GLORIFY GOD, MY DREAM!
http://gospodruma.hi5.com

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member
  • JUST LET YOUR SOUL GLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 12:34:44 AM »
let CHANGE THAT BIG BLACK DRUMMER TO BIG MOUTH'D BLACK DRUMMER!!!!!!!!! >:( ;D
Love is Peace...Music is Learning.... and God is Life!!!

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member
  • JUST LET YOUR SOUL GLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 12:36:26 AM »
 ;D But anyway very cool post............ thanx man I didnt no if I wanted to get that CD or not.............. BUT NOW I NO I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love is Peace...Music is Learning.... and God is Life!!!

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 01:31:12 AM »

lol

Offline TNTNT

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 02:08:57 AM »
YOU  GUYS ARE REALLY SHOWING YOUR AGE  WITH THESE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT YOU BROTHERS...TAKE IT FROM SOME WHO'S BEEN CONSTANTLY PLAYING FOR 30 YEARS AND KNOWS ,PERSONALLY ALL THE YOUNG CATS COMING UP   DRUMMERS DON'T HIRE DRUMMERS TO PLAY GIGS OR RECORDINGS    IF ARTISTS DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU BRING YOU DON'T WORK   YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO IN DRUMMING  AND SHOWING CHRIST LIKE BEHAVIOR  SOME THINGS ARE BETTER NOT SAID  JUST KEPT INSIDE       I JUST HUNG OUT WITH THOMAS AT A SESSION  YOU GUYS  DON'T WANT TO COMPARE YOUR SELVES TO HIS DRUMMING  90% OF YOU COULD PLAY A TRACK LIKE THAT , I REALLY WANT TO SEE BIG BLACKS RESUME  I BET ITS NO WHERE CLOSE TO THOMAS     THOMAS CAN PLAY ANYTHING AND ANY WAY HE'S TOLD AND READ       THATS REAL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I WON'T TALK ABOUT MY RESUME  BUT ITS PUTS ME IN A POSITION TO KNOW  GREAT TALENT LIKE THOMAS , MY SON TAWANN ON THE GC SHED VOL 1,  J HAYNES  AND  YOU GUY S ARE REALLY SLEEP ON ARRON GREEN  HE CAN PLAY DRUMS IN THE CONTEXT THEY SHOULD BE PLAYED,  ERIC  AND HUNTER  I'M A JOEL FAN   CARLIN  JUSTIN  ALL FROM THE BAY AND MY BOY BRAIN COLLIER IS CRAZY                                 LETS KEEP THIS SITE PRODUCTIVE          
                                      SHARE INFORMATION ,POSITIVE  AND IF YOU KNOW IT ALL AND ARE PERFECT  SHOW US A CLIP

TOMMY BRADFORD JR

i,ll play til i die      pray my chops in the lord

Offline The Dojz

• LGM Member
  • Layin down tracks for the Lord 24/7
    • www.Facebook.com/thedojz

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 04:36:44 AM »
Wow, Thomas Pridgen demonstrated a great pocket throughout most of the song.  He snuck in few good fills and chops throghout the song.    In my opinion, he played what was called for in the grove of the peice. ;)
Thank you and may God bless you,
   The Dojz

Offline Zelevo

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 05:56:46 AM »
I don't really think BBD means any harm. I have seen some of his post. He just speaks his mind. says it as he sees it. He might not be right sometimes but a least we know his mind. What BBD said is not a personal attack on Thomas. He just said the song would be better with a Click track.
Repetition deepens Impression

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 08:28:02 AM »
IF we change his name to anything it should be Big Black Loving Drummer. BBD is the most harmless guy on here. Ya, he is a little abrupt, but he can back it up.

God Bless.

Offline gospodruma

• LGM Member
  • gospodruma/BoLu
    • gospodruma

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 08:40:09 AM »
IF we change his name to anything it should be Big Black Loving Drummer. BBD is the most harmless guy on here. Ya, he is a little abrupt, but he can back it up.

God Bless.

true true.....BBD is funny and juss tries to have fun..@ least from wat I see
2 B A MUSICIAN IS MY AIM; 2 GLORIFY GOD, MY DREAM!
http://gospodruma.hi5.com

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 09:34:20 AM »
YOU  GUYS ARE REALLY SHOWING YOUR AGE  WITH THESE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT YOU BROTHERS...TAKE IT FROM SOME WHO'S BEEN CONSTANTLY PLAYING FOR 30 YEARS AND KNOWS ,PERSONALLY ALL THE YOUNG CATS COMING UP   DRUMMERS DON'T HIRE DRUMMERS TO PLAY GIGS OR RECORDINGS    IF ARTISTS DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU BRING YOU DON'T WORK   YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO IN DRUMMING  AND SHOWING CHRIST LIKE BEHAVIOR  SOME THINGS ARE BETTER NOT SAID  JUST KEPT INSIDE       I JUST HUNG OUT WITH THOMAS AT A SESSION  YOU GUYS  DON'T WANT TO COMPARE YOUR SELVES TO HIS DRUMMING  90% OF YOU COULD PLAY A TRACK LIKE THAT , I REALLY WANT TO SEE BIG BLACKS RESUME  I BET ITS NO WHERE CLOSE TO THOMAS     THOMAS CAN PLAY ANYTHING AND ANY WAY HE'S TOLD AND READ       THATS REAL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I WON'T TALK ABOUT MY RESUME  BUT ITS PUTS ME IN A POSITION TO KNOW  GREAT TALENT LIKE THOMAS , MY SON TAWANN ON THE GC SHED VOL 1,  J HAYNES  AND  YOU GUY S ARE REALLY SLEEP ON ARRON GREEN  HE CAN PLAY DRUMS IN THE CONTEXT THEY SHOULD BE PLAYED,  ERIC  AND HUNTER  I'M A JOEL FAN   CARLIN  JUSTIN  ALL FROM THE BAY AND MY BOY BRAIN COLLIER IS CRAZY                                 LETS KEEP THIS SITE PRODUCTIVE         
                                      SHARE INFORMATION ,POSITIVE  AND IF YOU KNOW IT ALL AND ARE PERFECT  SHOW US A CLIP

TOMMY BRADFORD JR

i,ll play til i die      pray my chops in the lord

Don't take everyone too seriously. It's hard to tell sometimes if people are just playing or if they are really serious because you are reading a comment without knowing what context they mean to put their comment in.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline Rawbiznes

• LGM Member
  • My Home Girls
    • My Myspace Page

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »
4real 4real, yall say what you want about it as a whole, but Thomas is the TRUTH, and just being real, hes by far one of the greatest if not the greatest drummer in our lifetime and erra. WAKE UP!!!!!
Holla @cha Boi!,
Tim
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up