LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dennis Chambers at it AGAIN!!!!  (Read 2776 times)

JFunky

Re: Dennis Chambers at it AGAIN!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 10:32:56 AM »
I have some Robby Ameen.  He's da truf.

blaquegenius

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 11:05:03 AM »
I have some Robby Ameen.  He's da truf.

Did somebody say swap??? LOL

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 11:49:21 AM »
i mean i feel the same way too about dennis the great!.but dont limit ya self to chris dave! it is good to explore,if you just study 1 person and really aint good to begin wit, thats a big waste of time.

I'm listening to a lot of Terreon Gully right now. I don't really know anyone else to check out. I've done so much so much listening in the past ten years, that I've left wondering 'Is their anything else?"

I've listened to everything from Funky to Hindi ...

I wish you all could recommend some other drummers. 'Cause I'm plain tapped out...

Maestro - Have you heard of Karim Ziad??

Yeah. Pretty sweet playing...

My man!!! Do you have any of the stuff he did with 'Sixun'? If not I'll hook you up. Plus he has a new cd coming...Karim is tight, he brings a whole different atomsphere when he plays.

HOok me up. I haven't heard of him....

Hey anybody got any Robby Ameen or Gene Lake?

I got you Sabe...I have some Gene Lake, don't have any Robby Ameen, but he has a video out called Funktifying the Clave...GET IT!!

I got tha book Its really GOOD.
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 03:13:47 PM »
I'm kind of tired of Dennis, to be honest. As amazing as he is, his playing has become quite repetitive.

He never surprises me, anymore. I can go into any clip pretty much knowing what he'll do, depending on the style of music, and the tempo.

I've studied him to no end - and, I guess, it's time to move on.

I am in NO WAY saying that Dennis isn't great. I could listen to him for another thousand years, and probably never come to that conclusion. However, I do believe I have JUST about every thing he's play on. Chris Dave is my favorite, and I know I'm gon' reach that point with him too. Not yet, tho'! ;) Haven't heard quite as much of him.

~OD

I woudl have to agree with you all the way on that one Maestro. I have been listening to Dennis since I was a teen and used to be so amazed. Not to sat he isnt doing some nice things, but just as MD put it, you get to a point to where it's time to move on. I too have moved on to the Chris Dave bandwagon (been there for a while still riding). However, this is a nice clip Of D.C. I pray to have the longevity in the game as he has.

I feel kind of funny actually saying that, tho'. I can remember the first time I heard Dennis ... I wasn't sure if he was man or mutant. That was over 10 years ago, tho'.  :-\

Its funny you say that, I think Dennis Chambers is the Greatest drummer of all times, but thats your opinion....How many drummers you know get as many gigs as he do, and can do what he does??? I think this whole thing is opinionated anyway...Everything some one does you can learn from it, I wouldnt limit it for the world!!

*Learn Something*

MaestroDivine

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 03:21:48 PM »
I'm kind of tired of Dennis, to be honest. As amazing as he is, his playing has become quite repetitive.

He never surprises me, anymore. I can go into any clip pretty much knowing what he'll do, depending on the style of music, and the tempo.

I am in NO WAY saying that Dennis isn't great. I could listen to him for another thousand years, and probably never come to that conclusion. However, I do believe I have JUST about every thing he's play on. Chris Dave is my favorite, and I know I'm gon' reach that point with him too. Not yet, tho'! ;) Haven't heard quite as much of him.

~OD

I woudl have to agree with you all the way on that one Maestro. I have been listening to Dennis since I was a teen and used to be so amazed. Not to sat he isnt doing some nice things, but just as MD put it, you get to a point to where it's time to move on. I too have moved on to the Chris Dave bandwagon (been there for a while still riding). However, this is a nice clip Of D.C. I pray to have the longevity in the game as he has.

I feel kind of funny actually saying that, tho'. I can remember the first time I heard Dennis ... I wasn't sure if he was man or mutant. That was over 10 years ago, tho'.  :-\

Its funny you say that, I think Dennis Chambers is the Greatest drummer of all times, but thats your opinion....How many drummers you know get as many gigs as he do, and can do what he does??? I think this whole thing is opinionated anyway...Everything some one does you can learn from it, I wouldnt limit it for the world!!

*Learn Something*

Dude, did you even read my post's??

Obviously not.

Offline sambadrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 03:53:43 PM »
Drumming For my Jesus!!!!!!

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 07:05:25 PM »

I am in NO WAY saying that Dennis isn't great. I could listen to him for another thousand years, and probably never come to that conclusion. However, I do believe I have JUST about every thing he's play on. Chris Dave is my favorite, and I know I'm gon' reach that point with him too. Not yet, tho'!  ;) Haven't heard quite as much of him.

~OD

Hey man, I totally agree with you which is why there are people who try to battle him and show him that he aint the only one that is fast and has licks for days.
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

MaestroDivine

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 07:12:07 PM »

I am in NO WAY saying that Dennis isn't great. I could listen to him for another thousand years, and probably never come to that conclusion. However, I do believe I have JUST about every thing he's play on. Chris Dave is my favorite, and I know I'm gon' reach that point with him too. Not yet, tho'!  ;) Haven't heard quite as much of him.

~OD

Hey man, I totally agree with you which is why there are people who try to battle him and show him that he aint the only one that is fast and has licks for days.

Well, frankly ... their aren't too many cat's who are going to battle DC and not walk away without their feelings being hurt, and their tail between their legs. 

MaestroDivine

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 07:16:56 PM »

~OD

Well, frankly ... their aren't too many cat's who are going to battle DC and not walk away without their feelings being hurt, and their tail between their legs. 

...I sent went back to Drummerworld and looked at his clinic clip ...

Yep - heard it all before, but dude is still a mutant.

Offline Ontherise

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2006, 07:29:53 PM »
It's real easy saying your tired of him, some people say that when they can't learn his licks. No Offense to anyone
"The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary"

MaestroDivine

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 07:33:57 PM »
It's real easy saying your tired of him, some people say that when they can't learn his licks. No Offense to anyone

Did you not read where I said it felt funny saying that?

Dennis Chamber is the man ... however, dude ... I have just about everything Dennis has played on, and I've studied it all like my life depended on it, for about the past ten years. I'm not hating on Dennis .... anything you study as obsessively as I do will, eventually, not provide the same thrill/stimulation it once did. I'm not TRYING to say I can play like Dennis. I'm talking about listening to his playing. That's it. Nothing more. If you want me to take it a step further ...... in my opinion, Dennis Chambers may be the most naturally gifted drummer alive! My comments have NOTHING to do with my respect for his ability. People can't seem to understand that, EVEN THOUGH I explained it clearly.

The Absolute End.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »

~OD

*Learn Something*

??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ??? ???
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up